The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Old firm flying the flag for Scotland in Europe once again. 😂😂😂😂

We better get the finger out of our arses and get out of league 1 pronto. If the rumours about their finances are to be believed they could be making a visit to the lower leagues again soon.

3 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Is the number 5 Brian Allison? 

3 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Gold star for you CP. 

This was the teamsheet that day. 

AAA.JPG

I remember seeing Allison and Arfield stuffing their faces outside a bakers in Motherwell before a match. No idea what Allison's doing now but Scott Arfield has certainly made a very good living out of the game. Funny how things turn out really.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I remember seeing Allison and Arfield stuffing their faces outside a bakers in Motherwell before a match. No idea what Allison's doing now but Scott Arfield has certainly made a very good living out of the game. Funny how things turn out really.

Allison in the mould of Ryan Blair, Tony Gallacher etc, stuck out like a sore thumb in reserve football but didn't replicate it in the first team.

I personally think the three mentioned were/are too nice, talent will only get you so far.

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Was at that game as well

Brian Allison is still at Stirling is he not? 

Hawick in the east of Scotland leagues was his last trace

10 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Yeah I know. I was there. 🙈

Red Card Kingsley.JPG

I remember that game like it was yesterday. I missed the first game at forthbank which I'm pretty sure we won 5-0. 

Did Stirling Albion not play us that year at TFS with a team full of trialists due to half the team having food poisoning?? Remember them giving us a good game that day.

4 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Did Stirling Albion not play us that year at TFS with a team full of trialists due to half the team having food poisoning?? Remember them giving us a good game that day.

We played them twice at home, winning 3-0 in August and 4-2 in the New Years Day game. 

I don't have a picture of the teamsheet for the first match but this was the second one. 

AAA.JPG

21 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

We played them twice at home, winning 3-0 in August and 4-2 in the New Years Day game. 

I don't have a picture of the teamsheet for the first match but this was the second one. 

AAA.JPG

Christ almighty have we really been putting up with that useless chunt  Bobby madden for over ten years now. 

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

AAA.JPG

The name Mehdi Khalis on the bench sends shivers down my spine. 

Just watched the Ian Fergus interview on the development program, he mentioned that the development team had been accepted into a league for this season, any idea what that is? I'm not sure what fell away in the past year, is there still an under 20s league going?

Guest Caractacus Potts
12 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Gold star for you CP. 

This was the teamsheet that day. 

AAA.JPG

I just remember Brian Allison breaking through at a young age and looking a right unit of a boy. Had been talked up a lot but didn’t quite cope in the first team. Glad to hear he has made a career in the game though. 

Sad to see Chris Mitchell’s name there too. As DF stated about the Motherwell goalie, we do often forget all the time, effort as well as the hopes and dreams these boys put in to making it as a footballer. Sometimes they just aren’t good enough but it’s not through want of trying. 

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Tony Gallagher was thrown into a shit show and handled appallingly. 

You sink or swim when you go to the first team after earning your stripes below.  The ones who have made a career didn't have it easy too, Kingsley a prime example with being sent off and plenty early mistakes.

Gallacher now has had 3yr at Liverpool, couldn't hold down a first team place at Toronto and Liverpool recently attempted to give him away for nothing but couldn't cause they wanted too much of a sell on clause aka avoid giving us more money 😳

We won a watch getting six figures for him. Gallacher did not win one league game he started and we won the accessories when by default he got a first team start at Liverpool with our add-ons. 

He will be back in Scotland soon, probably to see if he can master championship football at the second time of asking.

Edited by MrDust

6 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Just watched the Ian Fergus interview on the development program, he mentioned that the development team had been accepted into a league for this season, any idea what that is? I'm not sure what fell away in the past year, is there still an under 20s league going?

One of the development teams starts playing games this weekend. I don't know any of the details, but I imagine there'll be some sort of announcement once the East Kilbride match is out the road. 

17 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Don’t quote me on it but I believe there is an under 16 team and an under 18 team and they’ll play in the ‘advanced youth leagues’ with teams like Alloa, QOS, Montrose, Stirling Albion…

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

AAA.JPG

From the two matches 

2045368883_ScreenShot2021-08-11at11_04_45.thumb.png.839f44fbc5321bd2356d6f1e6d9d47e0.png

154584358_ScreenShot2021-08-11at11_05_01.thumb.png.c46580356bfb1c7dc6e74fb20a035c52.png

You have to think if guys like O'Brien and Scobbie weren't on such massive wages we couldv'e had a bit more quality on the bench and bounced straight back up. 

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

One of the development teams starts playing games this weekend. I don't know any of the details, but I imagine there'll be some sort of announcement once the East Kilbride match is out the road. 

I have heard there is a Development game next Tuesday at TFS against Hearts. Not sure if its a league game or friendly.