The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

The more the merrier,    ♦♦♦♦♦

Is 2700 enough for you guys, I am sure we could open another stand to let the hordes in if required....    

💎 are forever

🏦ies are forever

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I know we’re being positive and all that but is it not a wee bit off that the new CEO is talking about his plans for the club to that tube behind a pay wall before he’s given and interview on any of the club channels?

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

I know we’re being positive and all that but is it not a wee bit off that the new CEO is talking about his plans for the club to that tube behind a pay wall before he’s given and interview on any of the club channels?

Strange one, sure they said an interview would be out this week.  Hopefully the one was recorded before he took over.

Guest Back Post Misses
9 hours ago, Hughsie said:

For me this will be better as it is a neutral interviewing him not someone who is throwing the usual party lines. 
On the subject of interviews I see Andy Thomson is back, if he ever went away. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

For me this will be better as it is a neutral interviewing him not someone who is throwing the usual party lines. 

The guy who did most of the background stuff had to give it up due to work pressures. Massive loss, as he's been doing the filming, editing and technie stuff for at least 15 years and was extremely good at it.  I believe AT has returned to help fill some of the gap. 

Definitely a place for this sort of thing, I agree.

Just not before something has gone out to the supporters on our own channels instead of behind a paywall.

Not right IMO.

17 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Small minds small brains probably small salaries jobs  and ambition . Both sides of that divide have nothing to do with football or community and the main reason they attach themselves to the bigot bros is to feel part of something powerful and successful because they realize they are destined for none of that on a personal level.Sad reflection on scottish culture and sport - get it up the lot of them ! 

Spot on.

Its an interesting thought though.   If you took away Sectarianism in Scotland, do you reckon people from outside the Glasgow area would still flock to Ibrox and Parkheid like they do? Or still be armchair supporters of those clubs just because they are successful?  Or do you think more people would support the local team?    Although I think more people would support the local team you will always get glory hunters(doesn't help when the local team is pish to be fair).

Its really difficult thinking of Scotland without Sectarianism on any form.  Its been part of all our lives to some degree.  I lived in Glasgow for 10 years and moved to Leicester 13 years ago.  Its one thing I obviously don't miss.

My wee nephew is a case in point.  The little c*nt got a Falkirk top bought for him when he was 5.  I tried to push him down the Good Path but last year, aged 8, he's kicking about with a Rangers top on(my brother is the classic Rangers fan from the central belt who has been to about 2 games at Ibrox in his 40 years on the planet but watches them on the telly, ken).  made me so angry but again didn't help Falkirk have been an embarrassment and a lot of kids that age are looking for glory. Still annoyed the f8ck out me though.   Still time for it to turn round but I doubt it.

Going back to school days, I went to Larbert high, Proddy school...if you took say a class of 30 football fans I'd say 60% were probably Rangers fans, maybe 20% Falkirk fans and the rest made up of Hearts, Aberdeen, Stenny, and other randoms(had a Partick Thistle fan in my class).   Again, probably through a mixture of gloryhunting, sectarian values of their parents/siblings but if you took away the sectarian element I wonder what the mix would be.   Probably more akin to people from Bolton supporting Man Utd or something like that.

57 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

AT trying to weasel his way back in I assume? I noticed he was sitting with the board up at Cove. Would other FTV “volunteers” be given such an invite? Doubt it. 

Why does that just wind me up, it just casts further doubt on any hope from behind the scenes for me, disapointing.

56 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

AT trying to weasel his way back in I assume? I noticed he was sitting with the board up at Cove. Would other FTV “volunteers” be given such an invite? Doubt it. 

Come on now, you can't expect a man to follow his team every week without boardroom hospitality, a man has to eat. In all seriousness tho that's a stinker of a decision to bring him back in, i'm sure there would have been plenty fans willing and able to help out the club with FTV - but no go for the guy who is universally hated by the fanbase.

19 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

Spot on.

Its an interesting thought though.   If you took away Sectarianism in Scotland, do you reckon people from outside the Glasgow area would still flock to Ibrox and Parkheid like they do? Or still be armchair supporters of those clubs just because they are successful?  Or do you think more people would support the local team?    Although I think more people would support the local team you will always get glory hunters(doesn't help when the local team is pish to be fair).

Its really difficult thinking of Scotland without Sectarianism on any form.  Its been part of all our lives to some degree.  I lived in Glasgow for 10 years and moved to Leicester 13 years ago.  Its one thing I obviously don't miss.

My wee nephew is a case in point.  The little c*nt got a Falkirk top bought for him when he was 5.  I tried to push him down the Good Path but last year, aged 8, he's kicking about with a Rangers top on(my brother is the classic Rangers fan from the central belt who has been to about 2 games at Ibrox in his 40 years on the planet but watches them on the telly, ken).  made me so angry but again didn't help Falkirk have been an embarrassment and a lot of kids that age are looking for glory. Still annoyed the f8ck out me though.   Still time for it to turn round but I doubt it.

Going back to school days, I went to Larbert high, Proddy school...if you took say a class of 30 football fans I'd say 60% were probably Rangers fans, maybe 20% Falkirk fans and the rest made up of Hearts, Aberdeen, Stenny, and other randoms(had a Partick Thistle fan in my class).   Again, probably through a mixture of gloryhunting, sectarian values of their parents/siblings but if you took away the sectarian element I wonder what the mix would be.   Probably more akin to people from Bolton supporting Man Utd or something like that.

Denny High late 70's biggest grouping were Falkirk fans, still see quite a few of them at the Stadium to this day though a few others have slipped from the righteous path into the clutches of the Bigot twins.

The Celtic followers seem to have switched when they married into "Celtic Minded" families, the Rangers ones just because they were arseholes anyway.

There was a strong Rangers following but the majority of them were the spawn of "Glasgow Overspill" families who had moved into the town when their slums were demolished.

One or two Celtic fans as well again for the same reasons as above.

I even remember there was a solitary Stirling Albion fan but he was just an attention seeking clown that no one liked anyway.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

It's embarrassing that we're allowing a guy that threatened violence against another board member anywhere near the club. Not to mention the fact he's one of the people who got us into this bloody mess in the first place. Guy should be banned from the ground not welcomed back with open arms.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's embarrassing that we're allowing a guy that threatened violence against another board member anywhere near the club. Not to mention the fact he's one of the people who got us into this bloody mess in the first place. Guy should be banned from the ground not welcomed back with open arms.

In the grand scheme of things i cant help but think how f**ked up it is he was part of a board that accused the fanbase of being rascist yet deems it ok to threaten violence on another board member (but that was a nothing to see here), didnt he also claim he had been threatened by the fans (might be thinking of CC but did he not claim the same) and someone took a kick at his car whilst leaving TFS?