The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He was too busy at the Dunfermline Vs Partick game watching Shitarov.

I was at the The Caley game watching us beat your rivals, you would do well to thank me here, friend.

. I remember the days I could go along to a match and escape the problems of life for an hour without having to worry about this that or another. Now it's stand up for this, sit down for that, minute's silence, minute's applause, folk worrying about the odd flag , stop swearing , don't hate the opposition.  There was always a line that shouldn't be crossed of course  but Jesus it's getting ridiculous now.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

. I remember the days I could go along to a match and escape the problems of life for an hour without having to worry about this that or another. Now it's stand up for this, sit down for that, minute's silence, minute's applause, folk worrying about the odd flag , stop swearing , don't hate the opposition.  There was always a line that shouldn't be crossed of course  but Jesus it's getting ridiculous now.

Sounds exhausting. I don't know how you manage 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

I actually think Lee Miller's out injured so he may not get the glory he seeks on Wednesday.  Wasn't in their squad at the weekend.

He’s not been in one match day squad since signing.

26 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Dawson Park Boy type of post.

Stop it!

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Stop it!

He’s absolutely spot on and has to be congratulated.

One of the most sensible posts I’ve read for some time.

I just go to the football for that - to watch football and support my team.

All the other political stuff is for elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

And why do people travel from all over Scotland and elsewhere to watch their local "rangers/celtic" team, the 2 biggest teams in Scotland are based and thrived off politics and religion!! That's why folk get annoyed about flags.

Agreed.

Nobody is arguing against you.

Maybe we could design a Falkirk FC flag?

2 hours ago, dumfriesbairn said:

I was both shocked and appalled by the sight of that flag on Saturday. Like it or not, it's been hijacked by the far right and clearly is used to demonstrate an allegiance that has nothing to do with Falkirk or indeed any other club in Scotland - bar one. Christ, I remember it in the sixties at Brockville. It may have been acceptable then (God knows why) but in the current climate, it is abhorrent and represents everything that we as a progressive, open-minded country (and I hope, club) should avoid at all costs.

As i was in the North Stand saw the banner being laid out but could not see what was on it, presumed it was just supporting Falkirk. We had a bit of a problem years ago with our social club having quite a bit of Ranger memorbilia in it, this was brought up before Celtic came up to play us in the cup & as far as i know has not returned although with driving to games i am not in the bar often. Going by the comments here the flag could lead to are you Rangers in disguise chants aimed at you & as mentioned upset some of your own support. Your support gave the team plenty encouragement on Saturday they just need to remember its when things are not going their way that the team really need their support

13 minutes ago, peternapper said:

As i was in the North Stand saw the banner being laid out but could not see what was on it, presumed it was just supporting Falkirk. We had a bit of a problem years ago with our social club having quite a bit of Ranger memorbilia in it, this was brought up before Celtic came up to play us in the cup & as far as i know has not returned although with driving to games i am not in the bar often. Going by the comments here the flag could lead to are you Rangers in disguise chants aimed at you & as mentioned upset some of your own support. Your support gave the team plenty encouragement on Saturday they just need to remember its when things are not going their way that the team really need their support

Well said.

Funnily enough I was mooching around the Galatasaray website this morning and noticed Fatih Terim complaining about their fans doing the same. Every team's fans are the same.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Stop it!

All I want is to go to a game and enjoy football. It's escapism. A couple of hours where your worries can be left at home. I just can't see what's wrong with wanting that and not constantly reminded of the world's ills wherever you go. Used to be able to do that fine but now everything is being politicised in one way or another.  Used to be a minute's silence for an exe player was it but now it's anyone and their dug. What was ever wrong with football just being about football?

50 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

And why do people travel from all over Scotland and elsewhere to watch their local "rangers/celtic" team, the 2 biggest teams in Scotland are based and thrived off politics and religion!! That's why folk get annoyed about flags.

God knows why anyone wants to go to a match and sing about things that happened hundreds of years ago that have feck all to do with football. Politics should be left at the door and it should be 22 players kicking a ball about a pitch for acouple of hours and nothing more complicated than that .

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

God knows why anyone wants to go to a match and sing about things that happened hundreds of years ago that have feck all to do with football. Politics should be left at the door and it should be 22 players kicking a ball about a pitch for acouple of hours and nothing more complicated than that .

Absolutely agree with you but sadly not the reality of the world we live in.