The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Off the field there are also some early signs of positive improvement:

Social media posts have improved in frequency and variety of news
The partnership with Greaves Sports looks good so far with better, varied merchandise
The initiative to create a section of the ground for high risk fans to attend is a real effort to put fans first
The new CEO looks a good appointment according to Stenny fans and those who know him
The development squads are taking shape and look like they're not far away from being up to the numbers needed
Our scouting for Ompreon suggests we're finally casting the net wider than the central belt

Hopefully all a sign that the Rawlins taking more control and sorting things out behind the scenes is starting to have an impact.  

Early days but at this rate we may never see ZBairn Potts post ever again ;)

Just because I’m critical of the club does not mean I won’t give credit where it’s due. Not getting carried away though.

The results are still not convincing but great to see Sheerin has a plan on how to play and it’s a lot more pleasing to the eye.  Surely couldn’t keep getting the appointments wrong but again still early doors yet and the last 2 results has a long way to go from making up of the decisions of the club the last few years.  I’m just not as easily pleased or as quick to forget but if folk can get back to normal and enjoy it then good on you. 

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Next week will be the real litmus test. If we can beat Airdrie then things are definitely going in the right direction considering our piss poor results against them in recent seasons.

How many thousand are you bringing through to Airdrie

7 minutes ago, keithgy said:

One of the elliots guys

There were two of them and tbh I was in danger of getting a sair face, they looked the type and they weren't kids.

Edited by Newbornbairn

Will be interesting to see if a Sheerin team can beat a full time outfit next week against Airdrie. It's been a long time coming and it would certainly show signs of us turning a corner. Couldn't care less about the East Kilbride game just a nice opportunity to see some of the youngsters.

I don't have a problem with flags, folk can fly a saltire, union jack, irish flag or whatever, is upto them. However when it's at the football the problem with the union jack is it's so heavily associated with rangers and there's the false narrative Celtic fans run with that we (and loads of other clubs) are just rangers fans without the bus fare. Anyone younger fans maybe from a celtic supporting family wanting to support us instead of celtic would be put off by that union jack yesterday. Anything that discourages anyone from supporting us or any local team rather than rangers or celtic is in my opinion a very bad thing (a very bad thing...that's them told then :lol:)