The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

You had our whole squad down as mediocre and 'miles off the pace' before you'd even seen then play though so maybe a bit harsh here too.  

Dowds (like most others who stayed on from last season) should get a clean slate and the chance to work with proper coaches and in a proper system this season before being written off.  If still not up to it after a few months then I'd agree he's not going to cut it.  He's shown flashes imo and is still young enough to improve.  

The fact that Wilson gets picked before him should tell you all you need to know.

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

For a big bloke he doesn't get stuck in enough for me. Should be able to body defenders but never looks like doing that.

Usually ends up on the deck or if he does get turned and runs with the ball all too often  loses it by simply running into traffic. He reminds me a bit of Sammon but with a bit more effort and less pace. 

11 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Disagree - it’s way too early to write Dowds off.

The main thing he needs to do is lose half a stone and sharpen up and that doesn’t take any coaching time it’s just about his application and his desire . 

So, in truth, you agree with me.

Guest Back Post Misses
2 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

You had our whole squad down as mediocre and 'miles off the pace' before you'd even seen then play though so maybe a bit harsh here too.  

Dowds (like most others who stayed on from last season) should get a clean slate and the chance to work with proper coaches and in a proper system this season before being written off.  If still not up to it after a few months then I'd agree he's not going to cut it.  He's shown flashes imo and is still young enough to improve.  

It is if you are all honest. We are in Division 3. Dowds will be offloaded if we get the opportunity before the window closes IMO.

The only players really with any quality is Telfer, Morrison, McCann and possibly Nesbitt. You are kidding yourself on of you think anything differently 

Guest Back Post Misses
2 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Expect he's probably still our no.1 target given the Sheerin connection but presumably Aberdeen delaying decision. 

You suspected wrongly 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

For a big bloke he doesn't get stuck in enough for me. Should be able to body defenders but never looks like doing that.

Completely agree. He needs to work on using his physicality more. As far as his weight’s concerned, I don’t think he’s overweight but he looks like one of those guys that would balloon if he stopped training. Bomber Brown springs to mind.