The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Much more optimistic of this after his showing on Saturday. He looked really sharp and will benefit massively from having footballers around him who will be playing off him rather than dumplings like The Weightlifter or Real Deal Akeel playing in Dumb and Dumber's brand of "football".

Would still like to see another striker and a box to box midfielder at a minimum.

Him and Morrison playing together at Hearts previously helps massively as you can see they understand eachother. He took the goal that was ruled out well and was unlucky with the one that he ran onto over the top. Definitely need another option up there and agree about the centre midfielder as Nesbitt had to play a lot deeper than we wanted against Cove due to Hetherington not being available. Keena has to start on Saturday against Peterhead as Wilson gives us absolutely nothing. The later we leave the signings the more likely they are to be loans.

There were quite a few youngsters missing from the Aberdeen squad yesterday so we could possibly just be waiting on them making another few signings especially as we're back to 3 subs a game and a match day squad of only 18. 

No Ruth and no Virtanen.

Edited by FFC 1876

In all seriousness, I assume that both are staying involved in football in some capacity but that they have given up any aspiration of management?

Whixh really is some reflection of the appointment by us in the first place. Truly a disastrous one. Incompetence in the extreme

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

In all seriousness, I assume that both are staying involved in football in some capacity but that they have given up any aspiration of management?

Whixh really is some reflection of the appointment by us in the first place. Truly a disastrous one. Incompetence in the extreme

Miller was announced by East Kilbride but hasn’t been involved in one match day squad from what I have seen. 

Good luck to the pair of them but never football manager between them.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The pair of them within the last month or so completed the "applied management in football" course so I can assume that they both have some sort of intention to return to management at some point.

I think, although may be wrong, that the company McCracken is working with works quite closely with footballers who are just moving to Scotland for the first time.

Did Lee Miller ever score a SCISSOR kick? 

This is the most fun I've had in this thread since 2016.
Not surprised at the barber gig. For every shot he took, there was always 4 or 5 misses right after it!

16 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I was informed of this fact today, coincidentally. 

Mostly helping players new to Scotland find places to stay.

15 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

The pair of them within the last month or so completed the "applied management in football" course so I can assume that they both have some sort of intention to return to management at some point.

I think, although may be wrong, that the company McCracken is working with works quite closely with footballers who are just moving to Scotland for the first time.

They do. 😉

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Someone commented on one of McCrackens Instagram posts and he replied saying something about always looking for opportunities, whether in business or football management. 

Someone commented on one of McCrackens Instagram posts and he replied saying something about always looking for opportunities, whether in business or football management. 
He can count himself unfortunate that we are the only management job he has had, since we are also the only BoD stupid enough to hire an estate agent who only had one management job, in which he failed spectacularly.

5 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Didn't make it to the game but most have praised him which was good to see. Like you've mentioned last season playing with either of those two up top will always make the job 10x harder for anyone, Keena was always needing to drop off far too far so the fullbacks could play those patented low drilled balls into the their feet for a quick lay off to the wingers.

Always felt that it was a bit unfair people on here labelling him injury prone as well, can't commend on his time at clubs before us but coming off the back of a knee injury you're always going to pick things up here and there. HIs shoulder issues from early on in pre-season isn't really an injury that would throw someone into the injury prone category either, just unfortunate.

Agree with those two signings as a minimum as well, worries me quite a bit that we're a Telfer injury away from a presumably different playstyle.

When a guy has only started 36 league games in 4 years for one reason or another there's always going to.be question marks over him. Hopefully we'll be able to find out whether he's really got it or not this season.

I had Lee Miller on my podcast this week if anyone fancies giving it a listen. Clearly loves Falkirk and speaks brilliantly about his time at the club. Hope everyone enjoys, any feedback appreciated👍🏻⚽

YouTube: 

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/5xL154LaojUv7tegRb0hQl?si=j5CzZCy8R2yms8ho4Gv2cg&dl_branch=1

Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/a-chat-with-lee-miller/id1570371231?i=1000530741399