The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

Quiet on here from the moaners before the game. Decent performance under the circumstances. Looking forward to next week with a weeks training under our belts! 

Always one

Edited by Back Post Misses

Wilson is a crisp bag chaser, but that’s needed for this pressing game.

He sort of reminds me of a crappier version of Marino Keith, puts himself about,  crap touch, not much composure, but will score a few if it’s just a reaction to a ball coming his way. 

Well I really enjoyed that trip today. The scenes when we scored was what I’ve missed most in the past 15 or so months. We deserved to win that hands down but that’s what happens when you don’t take your chances. 

I thought they all played well but special mention to Hall and Miller who gets crucified on here, and rightly so at times, but that was Hall’s best game for us. Also thought Nesbitt, Dixon , Telfer and Morrison were superb too. Wilson and McGuffie have yet to impress me and Ross did well. Definitely better than Leitch. Keena’s goal was unlucky to be ruled out IMO as GK’s we know get everything in their favour. He is our best striker by a mile.

I like the way the team is set up and the way we are trying to play. A few signings and we’ll be fine I hope. Onwards and upwards. 

Edited by Tea and Busquets

39 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

He sort of reminds me of a crappier version of Marino Keith, puts himself about,  crap touch, not much composure, but will score a few if it’s just a reaction to a ball coming his way. 

I'd rather have a decent crisp bag chaser than a shit one though. He'll be off on loan back to the Highland league come January.

1 hour ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

There are absolutely no circumstances where a player as bad as Wilson will ever be needed.

Very poor signing.

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

The silence on this thread tonight after a decent result and performance is deafening.......

I don't think much has changed since before the game, most people if not all support sheerin and believe we have the spine or framework of a decent side. The gripes are mainly about the board, Holt and signings like wilson. most also agree we need 2 or 3 signings and we should have these in place with a DoF weeks before season start not after.

solid result and performance away from home against a title contender. pleased more with the pressing strategy and to hear sheerin is passionate on the touchline. hopefully home fans will also make a difference this season

Aye folk who spend hours posting about Falkirk FC every day of the week want us to lose 🤨

Embarrassing if your first reaction to getting a point at Cove Rangers is to try and score some strange imaginary points by going after Falkirk fans who think we should be doing better than League One.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Under difficult circumstances, and we were 11/2 rank outsiders today.
At least we can always rely on you for a good moan though.....emoji6.png

I'm not moaning I'm just replying to you.  If you expect folk to come on here and rave about a one each draw with cove then it ain't going to happen.  It was a decent performance but we're going to struggle for enough goals  until Holt and co get their fingers out and sign a striker worthy of the name.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

The silence on this thread tonight after a decent result and performance is deafening.......

Decent result? We drew against Cove 😆

We're all entitled to our opinions in life and that goes from everything ranging from football to Politics, but my God I don't think there's a topic on any matter in life that I agree with you on. I'll try and avoid saying you talk utter nonsense on basically everything but that's too hard to avoid when dealing with you. 

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm not moaning I'm just replying to you.  If you expect folk to come on here and rave about a one each draw with cove then it ain't going to happen.  It was a decent performance but we're going to struggle for enough goals  until Holt and co get their fingers out and sign a striker worthy of the name.

I don't completely disagree with the point you're making but I thought we looked very dangerous when Keena came on today. 

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

I don't completely disagree with the point you're making but I thought we looked very dangerous when Keena came on today. 

Hopefully he'll come good but even then we need at least one more striker we can rely on especially with his injury record.

Everyone is out getting the champagne in after the historic result.

Stop being an arse.
The fact is that the vitriol directed at the team in here before we have even kicked a ball in anger has been, to say the least, unreasonable.
But the usual whiners will mount the usual moronic defence...

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Stop being an arse.
The fact is that the vitriol directed at the team in here before we have even kicked a ball in anger has been, to say the least, unreasonable.
But the usual whiners will mount the usual moronic defence...

People have offered their opinion on the squad. They want us to do better. You seem to think it's some sort of slam dunk on dedicated Falkirk fans because we drew up at Cove Rangers?

People have offered their opinion on the squad. They want us to do better. You seem to think it's some sort of slam dunk on dedicated Falkirk fans because we drew up at Cove Rangers?

Nope, I think we have a new manager in place and a new style of playing. We have been unfortunate re the Covid situation but managed to turn in a pretty decent display.
I held off commenting on all the pish spoken on here the last few weeks, and the usual writing off of just about everyone associated with the club.
All I’m saying is we need to give the team a chance. Fine if we are shite after 6 games but not when we haven’t even stepped on the Park....

54 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

We are in the 3rd Division and got a decent result against a glorified Highland League team. I’m happy with the performance given the circumstances but please accept my apologies that I’m not creaming my breeks yet.