The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Treadmills would be fine if they were distance runners but they’re footballers. It’s not going to help much in maintaining the type of fitness they need. 

You can do interval training on a treadmill. But anyhow if they are allowed to exercise outside whilst self isolating then there's no need for them.

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

You are allowed to go out for exercise alone when isolating. 

Also have you seen the price of a treadmill??

No need to get a treadmill if they can go a run. They won’t be under as strict supervision as the Olympic athletes who had to isolate for 10 days too. Go a run, do some insanity workouts or other. Plenty of challenging workouts you can do at home to maintain fitness. Not like there was any matches for us to play anyway for match fitness so even the ones who remained will be short of that. 

The 5 Covid players will have to be assessed as mentioned but there’s a chance they could be fit to play too. If there are lasting effects then I don’t see why 2/3 days would make any difference to them. 

Ask for a postponement if you can but don’t get the sheer anger of the statement. Just deflection to preempt a bad result and have something to blame it on. Sorry but I’m not following the outrage. Other clubs have had to suffer and will face a similar fate. Let’s just get on with it and try get one over Hartley. 

Guest Back Post Misses
3 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Earlier in the week folk were complaining that the club weren't telling them what was happening about the game. 

So the club make a statement, giving a full update on the (then) current position and what they've been doing.  And follow it up a day later by confirming what they've been told by the SPFL.  

But now they get accused of wasting their time???? 

Bejesus. 🙈

Talk about damned if you do and damned if you dont. 

I think it is what you say. They should have updated the fans earlier. The first statement was just about acceptable, the second was just embarrassing. The were never winning any appeal so the first statement should have just told the fans we are not happy but we will get on with it. 

For too long the club has just talked and talked. Promised Jam tomorrow, blown smoke up fans arses and howled like wolves at the authorities. Time to start talking on the pitch. 

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think it is what you say. They should have updated the fans earlier. The first statement was just about acceptable, the second was just embarrassing. The were never winning any appeal so the first statement should have just told the fans we are not happy but we will get on with it. 

For too long the club has just talked and talked. Promised Jam tomorrow, blown smoke up fans arses and howled like wolves at the authorities. Time to start talking on the pitch. 

I mind Deans line 'we'll do our talking on the pitch', we were that bad we sounded like John Merrick on absinthe.

Edited by Syd Puddefoot

19 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:Time to start talking on the pitch. 

Why do you think the club have not thrown the kitchen sink at this season to get out of this league. It’s very reminiscent of the season when Rangers, Hearts and Hibs were in the Championship. Are we shitting ourselves of QP’s budget and hoping for the play offs?

Seems like this to me.

Edited by bejazz1

3 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Why do you think the club have not thrown the kitchen sink at this season to get out of this league. It’s very reminiscent of the season when Rangers, Hearts and Hibs were in the Championship. Are we shitting ourselves of QP’s budget and hoping for the play offs?

Seems like this to me.

If we are it's ridiculous. They haven't signed anyone of note that would make you go oof. We should be winning this league comfortably if we had competent people running the bloody club.

Guest Back Post Misses
46 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Seems like this to me.

Don’t think they have it to throw money at it. Plus we have an incompetent DOF 

8 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Is Keena not ripping it up for you? I genuinely thought when we had him on loan he'd destroy League One.

He's had a few injuries which have kept him out. Last pre season and into the season he looked sharp and scored a few goals, then got injured and was out for a while, when he did come back he didn't look the same player but we were utter shite in the main by then. He's showed in flashes he can finish and that's the frustrating thing  he just hasn't got going for one reason or another. He's only just came back from another injury. If he can keep healthy he may yet come good. But the fact we are starting our season on Saturday with him, Dowds, and Jaime Wilson as our strikers fills you with no confidence at all.

3 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Anyone any idea the 5 that are out? Hoping its Gary Miller x 5 

Knowing our luck it'll be McKay,  Ryan Williamson, Dixon, Morrison and Telfer when your hoping it'll be Miller, Hall, Wilson, Weekes and the other Williamson. 

31 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Knowing our luck it'll be McKay,  Ryan Williamson, Dixon, Morrison and Telfer when your hoping it'll be Miller, Hall, Wilson, Weekes and the other Williamson. 

It’s not Morrison. It’s not his changing room either. 

If anyone knows the dressing room splits now is the time to pipe up. 

On 26/07/2021 at 15:48, Zbairn said:

...and if Stuart decided to be at the head of it.....I'd be more than happy to participate and he would get my vote ! 

Others... I'm not so sure.

The problem with this is that you might end up with those who desire a blazer being involved just to get their feet under the table in the Boardroom. Will they really act in the fans best interests or just be sycophantic to those already on the Board?

This association needs a strong independent person heading it up.

Yep, was a concern for me that some (or all?) of the NBG may have been along similar lines. Sometimes folk get involved in football clubs simply to massage their egos. It's a big risk having people involved that are unknown quantities.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If we are it's ridiculous. They haven't signed anyone of note that would make you go oof. We should be winning this league comfortably if we had competent people running the bloody club.

Same old ,same old problem QP have one owner, one vision and a guy with lots of experience hands on calling the shots . We have boards , committees msg,s DOF , a new team and back room team . That is the root of the problem !