Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

Alright folks, I have absolutely no idea why I put this up at the time but Facebook reminded me that I did 6 years ago. Probably because you guys are box office, right? And obviously, wid.

11200793_10155872408565084_2653976130163728569_n.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 146.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Shadwell Dog

    7461

  • Back Post Misses

    5326

  • Marshmallo

    3151

  • Bairnardo

    4845

4 minutes ago, Jarballs said:

Alright folks, I have absolutely no idea why I put this up at the time but Facebook reminded me that I did 6 years ago. Probably because you guys are box office, right? And obviously, wid.

11200793_10155872408565084_2653976130163728569_n.jpg

How the times change, doubt we would be top of a happiest supporters league now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Cammy Smith goes to Partick on a 2 year deal. Was hoping Cove would be able to entice the local Aberdeen lad but thought we were a division too low

It's fine we've got Jaime Wilson.  Not surprised we didn't get him as we probably didn't even know he was available. We've missed out so far on every available half decent striker so far and we'll soon be down to the real dregs. Not as if a strikers important though is it really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's fine we've got Jaime Wilson.  Not surprised we didn't get him as we probably didn't even know he was available. We've missed out so far on every available half decent striker so far and we'll soon be down to the real dregs. Not as if a strikers important though is it really.

Holt's 50k not enough for him to keep an eye out on the player market 😂? We only have 1 quality striker, need another option.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Cammy Smith goes to Partick on a 2 year deal. Was hoping Cove would be able to entice the local Aberdeen lad but thought we were a division too low

I’m not a huge fan of Smith but dare I say he’s one who ‘would do a good job at this level’. You would have hoped with a bit of investment and the Sheerin connection we could have swung it but if you’ve been paying attention there’s no way that was going to occur. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's fine we've got Jaime Wilson.  Not surprised we didn't get him as we probably didn't even know he was available. We've missed out so far on every available half decent striker so far and we'll soon be down to the real dregs. Not as if a strikers important though is it really.

It will be when the penny finally drops with talent scout extrordinaire Holt that we couldn't finish our dinner and are languishing in mid table, he'll still try to blame everyone else except himself ofcourse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's fine we've got Jaime Wilson.  Not surprised we didn't get him as we probably didn't even know he was available. We've missed out so far on every available half decent striker so far and we'll soon be down to the real dregs. Not as if a strikers important though is it really.

As I have said before it is because of the league we are in and the level we deserve at this time. Not helped by out reputation and an untrustworthy hire and fire outfit.

FFC will have been matching if not bettering other clubs offer. The potential players will have looked at our track record over the last 3 years in player turnover plus players talk to each other and we ain't going to get glowing references. Come to the conclusion its not worth an extra 10 pound per day.

Sad but true.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Have we made any signings so far that Sheerin couldn't have identified himself had Holt not been there?

I'd say Ross was probably one Sheerin had the majority of say in if not all. He'll have known him from Aberdeen. And he's probably had a fair input into most of the trialists signing. Time will tell if the players he himself wanted and signs will be any good but he's already dropped a clanger straight off the bat by signing this season's version of Akeel Francis (Wilson) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Zbairn said:

His coat was always on a shoogly peg when Carrie Rawlin's decided to become our new Marketing supremo and look closer into how we were funded.

The gig with Leeann Dempster at QP was always beckoning.

You do know he was ill ?

He is better away from our car crash behind the scenes, I'd say the same if he went to Brechin.

5 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I know I banged on about it at the time, but elevating him to the Boardroom “in case we lose him” was buffoonery of the highest order. So, a board member on salary plus commission.,…guess which things he would push and promote, and which things he would ignore?
After AT left, his goose was cooked as he earned commission on stuff that was seen as not being down to him. He couldn’t replace that revenue because he didn’t have AT’s contacts, so he was exposed to a bit of scrutiny.

I am sure he did some great work, but I am sure also that he got himself into a position that no-one questioned how he operated. The minute that scrutiny came his way, there could only be one ending.

I don't see a problem with him being on the board, generally normal practice to offer him something to keep an employee to show you want to keep him. Do you have any examples of things he would promote and not whilst being on the board as opposed to not being on the board ?

Alex indeed was a master of his trade in his time and could sell sand to Arabs but I'd be surprised if he had much input in trucks, hot tubs, cranes etc 

I was under the impression Keiran was ill before Alex left, if the case where does this scrutiny start ?

Covid has hit all areas of sponsors and business income, yep Alex would squeeze blood out of a stone where he could but the blood would be drips and not flowing in a pre covid world.

As mentioned above, he is better away from it, he is obviously fit enough now and will fly high or fail in the same measure used when he was at Falkirk.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I'd say Ross was probably one Sheerin had the majority of say in if not all. He'll have known him from Aberdeen. And he's probably had a fair input into most of the trialists signing. Time will tell if the players he himself wanted and signs will be any good but he's already dropped a clanger straight off the bat by signing this season's version of Akeel Francis (Wilson) 

I'd guess Ross is his only input, perhaps a few others but we will probably never know.

The board/MSG obviously bought the silence of M&M and if it goes tits up again, they will do so with Sheerin....the open board/msg clarity is not there although they say they want that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

7 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Without sounding stereotypical, there aren't many Asian supporters in Scottish football. I think most tend to support English teams.

There aren't enough facepalm emojis in the world for this 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

You do know he was ill ?

He is better away from our car crash behind the scenes, I'd say the same if he went to Brechin.

I don't see a problem with him being on the board, generally normal practice to offer him something to keep an employee to show you want to keep him. Do you have any examples of things he would promote and not whilst being on the board as opposed to not being on the board ?

Alex indeed was a master of his trade in his time and could sell sand to Arabs but I'd be surprised if he had much input in trucks, hot tubs, cranes etc 

I was under the impression Keiran was ill before Alex left, if the case where does this scrutiny start ?

Covid has hit all areas of sponsors and business income, yep Alex would squeeze blood out of a stone where he could but the blood would be drips and not flowing in a pre covid world.

As mentioned above, he is better away from it, he is obviously fit enough now and will fly high or fail in the same measure used when he was at Falkirk.

 

 

 

Ok, have a bash with 50-50 getting the full on treatment. Why? Because he got commission from it. Retail….didn’t give a monkey’s about it. Why? No commission. The CI guys fundraising ideas……actively discouraged. Why? Might negatively impact on 50-50 sales…..and less commission for him. That’s for starters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Ok, have a bash with 50-50 getting the full on treatment. Why? Because he got commission from it. Retail….didn’t give a monkey’s about it. Why? No commission. The CI guys fundraising ideas……actively discouraged. Why? Might negatively impact on 50-50 sales…..and less commission for him. That’s for starters.

50-50 is about all that could be done during the lockdown and the retail has been poor since long before his time

Why would the CI fundraising impact 50/50 ?

I'd guess a large portion of the 50/50 were watching the weekly repeats of old games

What was his commission rate ?

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...