The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, yessiricanboogie said:

as above its a scottish league cup match hes banned for. You can check the suspensions list on the SFA website

I know you can. I was pretty sure it would need to be VC to affect the league. Hopefully some other teams problem next season.

5 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Why on earth would it be a forfeit? It’s the first game of the season FFS. The protocol is postponement, not difficult stuff. Doesn’t take any “negotiating” from us. 

Thanks for confirming that. Could you provide me with a link that I can read up on these rules.  Best my information in fact based rather than hearsay. Appreciated

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

That’s it for me too. The right grown up in the Boardroom who isn’t hamstrung with all sorts of confidentiality t&c nonsense could be good, but there’s as much chance of ending up with a Boardroom fan boy/girl who are in it for their own benefit, and will of course, deliver nothing beyond massaging their own ego. That’s always the risk.
Stuart Adam or a Kenny Jamieson type, then great. However, a fan boy type would be disastrous.

Trouble is with confidentiality clauses & NDAs is that even guys like Stuart or Kenny would be subject to them too. 

Im all for the initiative and like you, hope it’s someone that can speak up for the members and wider support. May only be one director inside the tent but it’s better than none. 

If the director is backed by a decent membership and a continually growing shareholding then it strengthens its case to be there which is always good.

5 hours ago, Zbairn said:

...and if Stuart decided to be at the head of it.....I'd be more than happy to participate and he would get my vote ! 

Others... I'm not so sure.

The problem with this is that you might end up with those who desire a blazer being involved just to get their feet under the table in the Boardroom. Will they really act in the fans best interests or just be sycophantic to those already on the Board?

This association needs a strong independent person heading it up.

Valid concerns.

If one of our Covid 4 is Telfer and we have to play on Saturday then we're scunnert. A midfield pairing of Miller & Hetherington we'd be aswell giving them the 3-0 win. Why have we not recruited more than one player in the centre of midfield. It was glaringly obvious last season we got dominated in there and our only cover just now is Gary Miller.

2 hours ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Thanks for confirming that. Could you provide me with a link that I can read up on these rules.  Best my information in fact based rather than hearsay. Appreciated

Fun stuff starts about p. 135:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7309/scottish-fa-jpp-2020-21-nov-2020.pdf

Now, on to Kai Fotheringham. I know he was dumped into the deep end with you last year, but what potential strengths does he have? Positionally, where would seem to fit his playing skills and style?

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

If one of our Covid 4 is Telfer and we have to play on Saturday then we're scunnert. A midfield pairing of Miller & Hetherington we'd be aswell giving them the 3-0 win. Why have we not recruited more than one player in the centre of midfield. It was glaringly obvious last season we got dominated in there and our only cover just now is Gary Miller.

Blame superscout Holt. The person I feel sorry for the most is Sheerin. He's a dead man walking if it goes pear shaped and yet the poor b*****d hasn't really done that much wrong so far, he certainly comes across well and has us at least trying to play football. Badly let down by Holts recruitment policy. Although Wilson is a dropped bollock that can only be attributed in no small part to Sheerin. 

10 hours ago, Zbairn said:

Why not do both ? Doesn't cost them anything for keeping fans updated.

We couldn't get green light for LC game till 4pm on the day of the game thanks to our governing body and you are asking for clarity 120+ hrs before a game !

The intelligent mind would think lottery and given the background Thursday/Friday for a decision, given our governing body it could be Saturday or Sunday tho

8 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We can only hope it does but probably not as it wasn't violent conduct.

Miller will be aok league one level, he excelled himself pre covid that some suggested he would do similar league up, still has it in his locker to do it league one for me

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

Fun stuff starts about p. 135:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7309/scottish-fa-jpp-2020-21-nov-2020.pdf

Now, on to Kai Fotheringham. I know he was dumped into the deep end with you last year, but what potential strengths does he have? Positionally, where would seem to fit his playing skills and style?

Asking twice about Fotheringham.

Is it so boring in Canada ?