The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I was thankfully able to make the new date, it went from November to February from memory.

I won't rub salt in the wounds by telling you how good it was.

Don’t worry, my mate suitably reinforced the point.  It was a freezing night that was called off is all I can remember - 3 of us ended up in some dodgy shithole  (Id have been 16 or 17)  and just made the last train home.

Guest Caractacus Potts
17 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I see Holts son has not even been on the bench for Gretna yet 

If he’s still training with us, will he be isolating too? Not sure how he gets away with that one anyway. 3 targets for every position, a great new recruiting system to identify players and of everyone available his son comes through the process. 

11 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

QOS signing Cochrane on a two year deal. Would have gave us a bit of legs we need in the middle of the park.

Hearts must have dropped their demands for a development fee for him to go there you'd have thought. Decent signing for QoS if he can recapture his form when he first burst through at Hearts.  Think he had a few loan spells and didn't do much. We probably weren't even in for him, I wouldn't be surprised if Telfer is deployed in the deeper lying midfield role in most games this season. 

6 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Hearts must have dropped their demands for a development fee for him to go there you'd have thought. Decent signing for QoS if he can recapture his form when he first burst through at Hearts.  Think he had a few loan spells and didn't do much. We probably weren't even in for him, I wouldn't be surprised if Telfer is deployed in the deeper lying midfield role in most games this season. 

Reports says queen's agreed a fee. 

If only we weren't stinking out League 1 we'd have been given a free 500k to spend on players too.

FTFY.

And Dobbies wages 

This. Fully expect more big name players to come in now we aren't forking out thousands of pounds each week on Dobbie.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

FTFY.

This. Fully expect more big name players to come in now we aren't forking out thousands of pounds each week on Dobbie.

You make that sound like it wasn’t worth it! 

96 goals in his first 3 seasons back sounds like he was worth every penny, just like Stainrod was to us. Would much rather we spent a few grand a week to secure a player of that quality rather than 5 jobbers. 

1 hour ago, brokeville said:

It’s good that the club are keeping the supporters informed regarding the weekend fixture with Cove…not!!

It’s disgraceful.

I think that’s a bit strong. 

They’re obviously dealing with a changing situation. Players and staff are still isolating and  I’m guessing Saturday’s match will depend on testing later this week.

They can’t give information out that they simply don’t have. Just don’t make any plans to attend until you know for sure, it’s no difficult.

2 hours ago, brokeville said:

It’s good that the club are keeping the supporters informed regarding the weekend fixture with Cove…not!!

It’s disgraceful.

I hope this was a joke? Otherwise you’re an idiot!

Having self isolated myself, it's 10 days from either first symptom, from when you failed the test of from your close contact with a positive test.  Not really hard arithmetic is it to work out. If the failed tests were conducted on the Wednesday, they come out of isolation at midnight on Friday.  That being so, there will be zero preparation and the players will only have been able to do keepie uppies in their back gardens and have zoom calls. Doesn't bode well for winning your first league game against the league favourites.