Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 137k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Shadwell Dog

    6794

  • Back Post Misses

    5037

  • Marshmallo

    3111

  • Bairnardo

    4618

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

This screams we don’t have the cash to sign proven professionals so let’s pad out the squad with kids. They really must think fans are absolutely thick. 
 

Unfortunately a lot of the COYB types are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

This screams we don’t have the cash to sign proven professionals so let’s pad out the squad with kids. They really must think fans are absolutely thick. 
 

I think we have tried every other half baked idea as much as this is a long shot, how many folk would have thought Will Vaulks would have turned out the way he did if we didn't take a chance and at least it's not journeymen.

The other thing is at least they have been seen playing (allegedly) and not like Hartleys zeroes whether they fit in or any good remains to be seen but a couple might just surprise us with being decent.

Edited by AL-FFC
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

This screams we don’t have the cash to sign proven professionals so let’s pad out the squad with kids. They really must think fans are absolutely thick. 
 

That for me is exactly what our board think of our fanbase and a big part of the reason they won't get a bolt off me until things change. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

That for me is exactly what our board think of our fanbase and a big part of the reason they won't get a bolt off me until things change. 

I have not even given a thought to a season ticket this season,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

I think we have tried every other half baked idea as much as this is a long shot, how many folk would have thought Will Vaulks would have turned out the way he did if we didn't take a chance and at least it's not journeymen.

The other thing is at least they have been seen playing (allegedly) and not like Hartleys zeroes whether they fit in or any good remains to be seen but a couple might just surprise us with being decent.

Wilson has been seen playing too. It obviously means feck all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Hopefully Mckay's back tomorrow(I never ever thought I'd be saying that phrase) as otherwise Hall will be playing.

If I was a betting man, I’d suggest we’ve officially signed the young lad today to either start tomorrow night or more likely be on the bench as cover with McKay still out & Miller suspended/shit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

If I was a betting man, I’d suggest we’ve officially signed the young lad today to either start tomorrow night or more likely be on the bench as cover with McKay still out & Miller suspended/shit. 

Possibly, I'd rather see us gambling on him tomorrow night from the start than watching the same old Hall horror story.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alan Hansen once said you can't win anything with kids and was proven wrong,we in this case we will not win anything with kids this i say with great certainty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Alan Hansen once said you can't win anything with kids and was proven wrong,we in this case we will not win anything with kids this i say with great certainty.

That was a golden generation too. What we have is a few young adults whose best option was apparently to sign for a League One development side.

If their best option was a League One development side then that’s a worry however if they were approached to be a part of the first team then hopefully they turn out to be good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Possibly, I'd rather see us gambling on him tomorrow night from the start than watching the same old Hall horror story.

Get him up front 6”4 irrespective of his ability on the ball he will be more effective than Wilson . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Unfortunately a lot of the COYB types are.

Read between the lines. Holt has aligned himself with Fergus, and distanced himself from Sheerin. Why do you think? If this all goes badly, then Sheerin is the man, not Holt or Fergus. Sheerin gets the blame. Even the simple thing of Holt calling him “Paul Sheerin”……not just as you might expect, simply “Paul” marks him as being separate from them.

Of course, if it all goes well, then watch Deans and Holt tell the world about the wonderful things they have achieved, and how they have made Sheerin’s job so easy.

That’s now what, three players who have supposedly graduated from a development squad to the first team squad……a development squad that haven’t played a game in anger. It’s fluff. It’s about as basic as smoke and mirrors gets.

Anyone over the age of 12 can see right through guff like this, and frankly, I am amazed that they actually think the support will read this stuff and actually believe a word of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, keithgy said:

Alan Hansen once said you can't win anything with kids and was proven wrong,we in this case we will not win anything with kids this i say with great certainty.

Hansen was of course, talking about the introduction to the Man Utd first team squad of nobodies named Giggs, Beckham, Neville, Neville, Butt and Scholes.

Our “graduates” are………less good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...