The Falkirk FC Thread

52 minutes ago, Russ said:

Thought the second half was a lot better then the first obviously getting the early goal helped a lot with that. Was great play from Nesbitt to pick up the loose ball and drive with it, I was screaming for him to play in Dowds but he took it really well. Whilst I agree we didn’t create a whole lot else, aside from a great chance from Seb Ross cutting in from the left that he shanked wide but until the penalty Mutch was a spectator. On the penalty whilst there’s no doubt it was a foul should it not have been a yellow instead of a straight red? The winner was of course Ben Hall being Ben Hall. Shite.

Mutch - made 2 cracking saves in the first half but was caught in no mans land for the winner.

Williamson - Not as good as mid week but still a solid performance.

Miller - Thought he was doing alright until the red card. Got caught for pace from Moyo early on but recovered from that.

Dixon - Our best player. Didn’t put a foot wrong.

McCann - I would like to see him do more with the ball like he did later in the game. The first half he kept everything safe and would shirk responsibility with the ball.

Telfer - Impressed again. Not as much of an influence on the game but still going looking for the ball and his work rate has improved massively.

Hetherington - Really impressed me with his battling qualities in midfield. His use of the ball needs to be better but loves to get stuck in.

Morrison - We couldn’t get him on the ball often enough but whenever we did he was a constant threat and thought he had the beating of MacDonald. He really can’t cross the ball though.

Nesbitt - Always lively and looking to be positive with the ball. Should’ve been booked for a rash tackle in the first half but was our best attacking player.

McGuffie - Very, very quiet and ineffectual.

Dowds - Puts himself about and puts a shift in. He’s not good enough but it’s not from a lack of effort. Battled well enough to be fair to him.

Wilson - Total jobber. Managers get signings wrong and it does seem that this one is horribly wrong. He’s absolutely shite.

Ross - Aye he was ok.

Hall - I hate watching that c**t. Even in a late cameo he’s still worth a goal to the opposition. 

Can’t disagree with any of this. Pretty much spot on for everyone. 

I think today highlighted how little Wilson offers even compared to Dowds. Our game changed for the worse when he came on and his inability to do anything effective at all is quite concerning. 

Hamilton looked pretty jobber I thought. Their style of play was quite direct which was surprising. Without Miller making that fucking mess we were looking very comfortable though.

Same weaknesses highlighted as the Tuesday game for me. CH and ST top priorities Paul.

3 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I think today highlighted how little Wilson offers even compared to Dowds. Our game changed for the worse when he came on and his inability to do anything effective at all is quite concerning. 

Hamilton looked pretty jobber I thought. Their style of play was quite direct which was surprising. Without Miller making that fucking mess we were looking very comfortable though.

Same weaknesses highlighted as the Tuesday game for me. CH and ST top priorities Paul.

Agree thought Accies were awful. Was it instructions for Wilson not to press the keeper or is he just lazy?

While not disagreeing in the slightest that Wilson, Miller and Hall are dugsh*te, I don't think today was a disaster.  As others have said we were comfortable until the sending off and were looking good for the win against a team who have just spent 7 seasons in the premier. 

Cove on the other hand were pumped by Peterhead and QP and Airdrie managed 30 shots between them but no goals.  

We need to make 3 good signings before the league kicks off though.  

Kinda surprised Keena isn’t starting for you guys if this Wilson fella is so shite. He was never incredible at EEP but surely good enough for L1?
He came in last year, looked decent preseason then got injured in the League cup, was out for ages and when he came back he looked hopeless. The hope is that he was just rushed back and he'll be an asset this year but we're yet to see it.
As for Wilson, I'm really hoping he's on buttons just to make up the numbers and will be 4th choice striker at best.

Guest Back Post Misses
24 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

While not disagreeing in the slightest that Wilson, Miller and Hall are dugsh*te, I don't think today was a disaster.  As others have said we were comfortable until the sending off and were looking good for the win against a team who have just spent 7 seasons in the premier. 

Cove on the other hand were pumped by Peterhead and QP and Airdrie managed 30 shots between them but no goals.  

We need to make 3 good signings before the league kicks off though.  

Mediocrity accepted 

11 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Kinda surprised Keena isn’t starting for you guys if this Wilson fella is so shite. He was never incredible at EEP but surely good enough for L1?

Injured his collarbone/shoulder in preseason this year and he's only just made the bench today but once he's back fully fit I'd imagine he'll get the nod over either of them.

The bit that gets me is we are dishing out two year and three year deals like confetti, you get it to maybe attract players to drop to our level but why give a guy that scored a Hat-trick against Irvine Meadow one, another that couldn't get a game at Cove, then you've got the back up keepers, surely you err on the side of caution in some of these cases. Telfer is worth a two year deal all day long compared to Wilson. But  maybe some are on bobbins. 

It does not matter how good a striker you are if there is zero supply to you . When you play one upfront to have to play the ball into goal scoring areas.

I can't think of one chance that was created for the forwards today.

Injured his collarbone/shoulder in preseason this year and he's only just made the bench today but once he's back fully fit I'd imagine he'll get the nod over either of them.

Guest Back Post Misses
12 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Bullshit detected

It’s true. You just won’t accept it. We have a squad that goes back 40+ years in how poor it is and people are trying to talking it up. 

Guest Back Post Misses
8 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Have you actually watched any of the 2 games?  

Nope. I don’t need to watch them to see at the moment the squad is a mile off 

12 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Nope. I don’t need to watch them to see at the moment the squad is a mile off 

I don't think we're a mile off and a bit of perspective considering the league we're in wouldn't go amiss. Not exactly as if teams in our division have been making signings I'd take as a starter in our team. The only one that springs to mind is Vigurs but a 3 year deal and for him to stay up north, it's not exactly something you can compete with.