The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Is Paul Watson still on the go?

Always thought he was unfairly slagged. 

Dunfermline still. Was always a bit of a shitebag and watching him gift goals to dundee in a game on the TV last season little has changed.

1 minute ago, Baggio said:

We were pretty much in control until Wilson stepped in the pitch. From that point on we were under pressure. Less said about Miller the better. I'd have like us to have been a bit stronger on the ball throughout the team.

Dowds >>>>>> Wilson every day of the week.

Better but he doesn't offer you anything in behind unfortunately. He made himself a nuisance today though and held the ball reasonably well.

Not disagreeing with the Gary Miller hate, but with Hall nowhere near fit, who would you have played at centre half today?

Don’t think we had much alternative so willing to give Sheerin a bit of slack for that.

What I am willing to criticise Sheerin for is signing Wilson. On a 2 year deal. Nowhere near good enough. Would have been better playing Morrison up front whilst waiting on a better striker. Dowds will never convince me to be good enough either.

Crucial next two weeks in terms of transfer activity now.

Better than last year but still a long, long way short of where we need to be.

Stating the obvious to say that we desperately need a decent centre back and a forward with a bit of quality at the very least.

The boy Wilson won a couple of challenges in the air but otherwise looked truly chronic, a very poor signing.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

There's no excuse for signing a player as bad as Wilson after a trial. It's just not acceptable. Sheerin I'm afraid has to take the pelters for that. Complete waste of a wage and a two year deal into the bargain. Laughable.

Said it when he was on trial. Weve made some awful signings in recent years but hes the worst of the lot

2 minutes ago, Baggio said:

We were pretty much in control until Wilson stepped in the pitch. From that point on we were under pressure. Less said about Miller the better. I'd have like us to have been a bit stronger on the ball throughout the team.

Dowds >>>>>> Wilson every day of the week.

Grangemouth Bairn >>>>>>>> Dowds  >>>>>> Wilson every day of the week.

And that’s a real worry cos I’m pish.

4 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

We don't need a fans representative on the board, we need one in the dug out.

Everybody on here can see things Sheerin / Grainger can't seem to see, it's worrying indeed.

It's a shame that the improvements we've made in areas are going to be a total waste of time if dross like miller, hall and Wilson are given game time.  I'm still fuming that after a trial you can sign a striker who should be playing in the lowland/Highland league at best.

Strangely enough I thought Miller was competent enough today till his brainfart, immediately handing the initiative to Hamilton. And then Hall coming on put the tin lid on any points coming our way. Both should still not be anywhere near our first 11 and I'll extend that to our strikers there's not one who are good enough. Dowds did nothing nor did Keena and Wilson could be the new competition winner. 

9 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Strangely enough I thought Miller was competent enough today till his brainfart, immediately handing the initiative to Hamilton. And then Hall coming on put the tin lid on any points coming our way. Both should still not be anywhere near our first 11 and I'll extend that to our strikers there's not one who are good enough. Dowds did nothing nor did Keena and Wilson could be the new competition winner. 

Keena was brought on in the 90th minute while we had 10 men, he maybe will turn out not to be good enough but he can’t be lumped in with the other two today. 

25 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Keena was on the pitch for about 90 seconds!

Not there, so can’t comment on the game as such, but doing well against a lower half L2 side, and then losing to a Championship side pretty much reinforces that we have performed pretty much as you would expect from a middle table L1 side.

We seem to have a few players who should be doing much better than mid table L1, but unfortunately, we seem to have too many players (and starters) who are L2 at best, and probably even lower.

Sheerin and Grainger better be helluva coaches if they think they’re going to get a tune out of Wilson. A ludicrous signing, and right up there with the worst of the last decade.

This was to be the season of “no more stupid mistakes”. Ha.

Of course, this is pre-season warm ups, so we should be paying no attention to any of it.

Thought the second half was a lot better then the first obviously getting the early goal helped a lot with that. Was great play from Nesbitt to pick up the loose ball and drive with it, I was screaming for him to play in Dowds but he took it really well. Whilst I agree we didn’t create a whole lot else, aside from a great chance from Seb Ross cutting in from the left that he shanked wide but until the penalty Mutch was a spectator. On the penalty whilst there’s no doubt it was a foul should it not have been a yellow instead of a straight red? The winner was of course Ben Hall being Ben Hall. Shite.

Mutch - made 2 cracking saves in the first half but was caught in no mans land for the winner.

Williamson - Not as good as mid week but still a solid performance.

Miller - Thought he was doing alright until the red card. Got caught for pace from Moyo early on but recovered from that.

Dixon - Our best player. Didn’t put a foot wrong.

McCann - I would like to see him do more with the ball like he did later in the game. The first half he kept everything safe and would shirk responsibility with the ball.

Telfer - Impressed again. Not as much of an influence on the game but still going looking for the ball and his work rate has improved massively.

Hetherington - Really impressed me with his battling qualities in midfield. His use of the ball needs to be better but loves to get stuck in.

Morrison - We couldn’t get him on the ball often enough but whenever we did he was a constant threat and thought he had the beating of MacDonald. He really can’t cross the ball though.

Nesbitt - Always lively and looking to be positive with the ball. Should’ve been booked for a rash tackle in the first half but was our best attacking player.

McGuffie - Very, very quiet and ineffectual.

Dowds - Puts himself about and puts a shift in. He’s not good enough but it’s not from a lack of effort. Battled well enough to be fair to him.

Wilson - Total jobber. Managers get signings wrong and it does seem that this one is horribly wrong. He’s absolutely shite.

Ross - Aye he was ok.

Hall - I hate watching that c**t. Even in a late cameo he’s still worth a goal to the opposition. 

I don’t think we played badly at all and certainly wouldn’t have lost without the penalty.

But we clearly need much better quality upfront and more cover in other areas so that Miller and Hall aren’t in the team.

How Wilson was signed after a 3 week trial I have no idea. Dowds didn’t do much more mine you while he was playing.

4 minutes ago, Russ said:

Thought the second half was a lot better then the first obviously getting the early goal helped a lot with that. Was great play from Nesbitt to pick up the loose ball and drive with it, I was screaming for him to play in Dowds but he took it really well. Whilst I agree we didn’t create a whole lot else, aside from a great chance from Seb Ross cutting in from the left that he shanked wide but until the penalty Mutch was a spectator. On the penalty whilst there’s no doubt it was a foul should it not have been a yellow instead of a straight red? The winner was of course Ben Hall being Ben Hall. Shite.

Mutch - made 2 cracking saves in the first half but was caught in no mans land for the winner.

Miller - Thought he was doing alright until the red card. Got caught for pace from Moyo early on but recovered from that.

McCann - I would like to see him do more with the ball like he did later in the game. The first half he kept everything safe and would shirk responsibility with the ball.

Telfer - Impressed again. Not as much of an influence on the game but still going looking for the ball and his work rate has improved massively.

Hetherington - Really impressed me with his battling qualities in midfield. His use of the ball needs to be better but loves to get stuck in.

Morrison - We couldn’t get him on the ball often enough but whenever we did he was a constant threat and thought he had the beating of MacDonald. He really can’t cross the ball though.

Nesbitt - Always lively and looking to be positive with the ball. Should’ve been booked for a rash tackle in the first half but was our best attacking player.

Dowds - Puts himself about and puts a shift in. He’s not good enough but it’s not from a lack of effort. Battled well enough to be fair to him.

Wilson - Total jobber. Managers get signings wrong and it does seem that this one is horribly wrong. He’s absolutely shite.

Ross - Aye he was ok.

Hall - I hate watching that c**t. Even in a late cameo he’s still worth a goal to the opposition. 

I believe the rule is to do with if you actually make a genuine attempt for the ball and end up fouling the player you'll only see yellow. Miller deserved a red for it as he was nowhere near it. To be honest as soon as Andy Ryan came on in my head we'd already conceded the equaliser. 

The next few signings are crucial, we need more quality. 

My worry with Wilson is because Sheerin has signed him and by now has released how shite he actually is he'll try persist with him in the desperate hope that he doesn't turn out to be one of the worst signings of all time.

8 minutes ago, Russ said:

His use of the ball is fine. A better footballer than he might at first appear given the eye is drawn to his work rate and robust challenges.

11 minutes ago, printer said:

His use of the ball is fine. A better footballer than he might at first appear given the eye is drawn to his work rate and robust challenges.

Yeah he won almost all of his midfield battles today as well as being surprisingly a lot more mobile than I was expecting.

31 minutes ago, Russ said:

Ross - Aye he was ok.

I don't mind so much a signing going wrong if it's a rushed signing or a bad  injury  or a cheap gamble on a youngster but to give a two year deal to someone that pish after he's been on trial for a good few weeks is just sheer incompetence in my book. We never seem to learn . You can't get every signing right but you need  to be pretty sure when your signing a guy after a trial and giving him a 2 year contract .

Edited by Shadwell Dog