The Falkirk FC Thread

If anything it'll surely show Sheerin we need another centre back and striker. Wilson is chronic, that bad I'd rather have Conor Sammon back. Offers you absolutely nothing at all, can't even make a decent attempt to win the ball in the air. Hamilton were the better team as aside from our goal we created nothing of note. Hall's header was typical Hall hence why a 34 year old Miller started infront of him. 

Positives - Telfer and Hetherington done well for me in the middle of the park with Hetherington winning most of his 50/50's and Telfer going to try make something happen. What a difference Mccann and Williamson make to our team, neither got forward much today but they are night and day better than what we had last year. Nesbitt showed some flair is short spells today and took his goal brilliantly but I like to see more of him out wide left as oppose to Mcguffie as he's more capable of beating a man and running us up the park. 

Edited by FFC 1876

No doubt about it, Miller sold the jerseys there. I thought we were looking fairly comfortable at that point too. Leaving annoyed but as long as we can keep Miller, Hall and Wilson out of the team and bring in some better quality through the loan market I'm a bit more positive about this season

There's no excuse for signing a player as bad as Wilson after a trial. It's just not acceptable. Sheerin I'm afraid has to take the pelters for that. Complete waste of a wage and a two year deal into the bargain. Laughable.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I have been somewhat impressed with how Sheerin has come across so far but giving a 2 year deal to folk like Wilson and continuing to play Gary Miller rings alarm bells for me.

To be fair if it was a toss up between Oscar Pistorius and Ben Hall you're picking Pistorius every day of the week so I don't want to slate him for starting Miller but it needs to hit home that we need more quality in so those diddies don't get anywhere near the park.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

There's no excuse for signing a player as bad as Wilson after a trial. It's just not acceptable. Sheerin I'm afraid has to take the grief for that. Complete waste of a wage and a two year deal into the bargain. Laughable.

It does worry me that we’ve signed a player as bad as that. The reality is the season has started and we don’t have a decent striker !!

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

To be fair if it was a toss up between Oscar Pistorius and Ben Hall you're picking Pistorius every day of the week so I don't want to slate him for starting Miller but it needs to hit home that we need more quality in so those diddies don't get anywhere near the park.

The fact we have them in the squad is a huge concern. A couple of injuries and we're basically in the same mess as last season with players nowhere near good enough coming in.

We were pretty much in control until Wilson stepped in the pitch. From that point on we were under pressure. Less said about Miller the better. I'd have like us to have been a bit stronger on the ball throughout the team.

Dowds >>>>>> Wilson every day of the week.