Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Rocco said:

As has been previously mentioned, they spoke about incentivised contracts that they are now offering, therefore, you would have to assume that a lot of these two & three year deals have clauses in them so the club can get rid of them if they’re not performing at the level required. 
 

Saying that, it is Falkirk we’re talking about

I’m not sure why folk think the year but will be part of an incentivised  contract?

If anything I would think that terms may improve if they reach certain targets but I imagine the length of the contract will be set in stone. Why bother announcing it as a 2 year deal otherwise particularly when it’s not players of note. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 135.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Shadwell Dog

    6580

  • Back Post Misses

    4997

  • Marshmallo

    3111

  • Bairnardo

    4573

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I’m not sure why folk think the year but will be part of an incentivised  contract?

If anything I would think that terms may improve if they reach certain targets but I imagine the length of the contract will be set in stone. Why bother announcing it as a 2 year deal otherwise particularly when it’s not players of note. 

We’ve announced 2 year deals before where there was an option of the second year for the club to decide

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Surprised the club haven't announced pay per  view options for Tuesday yet. Does anyone know if Falkirk TV will be showing it? Surely it will.

They are as ST holders without a match ticket are watching via that method. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Can’t remember that to be honest. Any examples that spring to mind?

I’m not going to lie, I may be completely wrong but I’m sure some of McKinnon’s signings were set up like that. 
 

As I say, may be totally wrong 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I’m not going to lie, I may be completely wrong but I’m sure some of McKinnon’s signings were set up like that. 
 

As I say, may be totally wrong 

Not saying you’re lying mate, just wondering if you could remember who so I could check to see how it was announced. Just can’t mind any player contact being announced adding on years that were actually optional to the club. 
 

To be fair it would be good if they could have explained the incentivised contracts thing a bit more as I am actually intrigued to hear about it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Not saying you’re lying mate, just wondering if you could remember who so I could check to see how it was announced. Just can’t mind any player contact being announced adding on years that were actually optional to the club. 
 

To be fair it would be good if they could have explained the incentivised contracts thing a bit more as I am actually intrigued to hear about it. 

I didn’t think you were calling me a liar but I’m doubting myself now 😂
 

I’d like to know more about the incentivised contracts, as I’d have thought goal and assist bonuses would have been part of contracts anyway

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I didn’t think you were calling me a liar but I’m doubting myself now 😂
 

I’d like to know more about the incentivised contracts, as I’d have thought goal and assist bonuses would have been part of contracts anyway

Yeh that was the strange thing as they had it on 2 different bullet points on the things done statement. I thought an incentivised contract would be more bonus led too! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Yeh that was the strange thing as they had it on 2 different bullet points on the things done statement. I thought an incentivised contract would be more bonus led too! 

Could be that previously it was simply a win or a goal scored bonus.

Now it’s likely to be a win, a goal scored, an assist bonus and maybe bonuses for reaching 10/15/20 goals etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Not saying you’re lying mate, just wondering if you could remember who so I could check to see how it was announced. Just can’t mind any player contact being announced adding on years that were actually optional to the club. 
 

Rocco is correct. Most of the signings McKinnon made during the summer of 2019 were announced as two year deals. Then as the season progressed rumours emerged on here and elsewhere that the second year was actually conditional on FFC winning promotion. 

That was pretty much confirmed at the end of the season when Buchanan and Doyle were punted after only one year. While Telfer, Connolly, Dixon and Durnan were announced as having signed new one year deals that summer - which they shouldn't have needed if their original two year deal was still active. 

The whole thing was debated quite heavily on here so I'm surprised you missed it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Could be that previously it was simply a win or a goal scored bonus.

Now it’s likely to be a win, a goal scored, an assist bonus and maybe bonuses for reaching 10/15/20 goals etc. 

After last season they've maybe added throwins won to try and get them some extra cash at least.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Appearance fees are also likely to come into it with subsequent years maybe only triggering if a certain amount of games are played.   Feels like a good question to email the board and ask?  

Not been mentioned here yet but I see in Sheerins latest interview he puts the friendly cancellation down to Arbroath not having enough players available. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Appearance fees are also likely to come into it with subsequent years maybe only triggering if a certain amount of games are played.   Feels like a good question to email the board and ask?  

Not been mentioned here yet but I see in Sheerins latest interview he puts the friendly cancellation down to Arbroath not having enough players available. 

Why don't you then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Appearance fees are also likely to come into it with subsequent years maybe only triggering if a certain amount of games are played.   Feels like a good question to email the board and ask?  

Not been mentioned here yet but I see in Sheerins latest interview he puts the friendly cancellation down to Arbroath not having enough players available. 

You'd think he'd be fuming if indeed it was Arbroath that fecked it up. He seems very ach well about it even though he says it wasn't ideal. I mean Arbroath must've organised these fixtures a while ago and yet it was cancelled at the last minute. Certainly a break down in Comms between the two clubs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You'd think he'd be fuming if indeed it was Arbroath that fecked it up. 1) He seems very ach well about it even though he says it wasn't ideal. 2) I mean Arbroath must've organised these fixtures a while ago and yet it was cancelled at the last minute. Certainly a break down in Comms between the two clubs.

1) He always comes across to me as being far too laid back, seems to be lacking in passion. Not good if some players need a good bollocking.

2) It sounds as if our game against them was booked in and then Arbroath scheduled another game on the Monday, screwing up our fixture. I think the blame squarely lies with Arbroath in this instance.

 

Edited by Bairn in Exile
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

1) He always comes across to me as being far too laid back, seems to be lacking in passion. Not good if some players need a good bollocking.

2) It sounds as if our game against them was booked in and then Arbroath scheduled another game on the Monday, screwing up our fixture. I think the blame squarely lies with Arbroath in this instance.

 

From the Arbroath side there was never any notification of a game so it looks to me like they never knew for one reason or another that they were meant to be playing us and so organised a game on the Monday. Whether it was them forgetting or us not confirming the game we'll never know 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

1) He always comes across to me as being far too laid back, seems to be lacking in passion. Not good if some players need a good bollocking.

That’s some assumption to make. 
 

Just because he is laid back in his interviews certainly doesn’t mean he lacks passion or aggression. Would you rather we had someone with passion saying “and stuff like that” every few sentences?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:

That’s some assumption to make. 
 

Just because he is laid back in his interviews certainly doesn’t mean he lacks passion or aggression. Would you rather we had someone with passion saying “and stuff like that” every few sentences?

Is that the only 2 choices that I get?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...