Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

Should we really be signing players that can't stand out against Stirling bloody uni though? If he's crap in one game out of 3 I'd be wanting to see a bit more of him before giving him a two year bloody deal. Why not just sign him till January and see how it goes?  Our pre season seems to me to have been a complete shambles and far from well organised . It's not taken us long to turn into a proper league one club on and off the park. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 134.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Shadwell Dog

    6376

  • Back Post Misses

    4976

  • Marshmallo

    3110

  • Bairnardo

    4556

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Should we really be signing players that can't stand out against Stirling bloody uni though? If he's crap in one game out of 3 I'd be wanting to see a bit more of him before giving him a two year bloody deal. Why not just sign him till January and see how it goes?  Our pre season seems to me to have been a complete shambles and far from well organised . It's not taken us long to turn into a proper league one club on and off the park. 

 

We potentially have a major issue here as well.  With all the 2 year and 3 year contracts being dished out..... if this team is mince (hypothetically) ...then we are stuck with them for another season, or we have to pay them off. Given the fact that our club loves to pay off employee contracts early, this may come as no surprise.

Edited by Zbairn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

We potentially have a major issue here as well.  With all the 2 year and 3 year contracts being dished out..... if this team is mince (hypothetically) ...then we are stuck with them for another season, or we have to pay them off. Given the fact that our club loves to pay off employee contracts early, this may come as no surprise.

As has been previously mentioned, they spoke about incentivised contracts that they are now offering, therefore, you would have to assume that a lot of these two & three year deals have clauses in them so the club can get rid of them if they’re not performing at the level required. 
 

Saying that, it is Falkirk we’re talking about

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

At which point did I even come close to expressing happiness at the current situation?

Cove, Queen's Park then ourselves. 

Fyvie, for me, is the best player in the league & both Cove and QP have proven goalscorers.

QP & Cove have managers we hounded on here as being clueless. We have better stadium ,fans budget, history ,infrastructure , commercial  set up, etc etc .Given we might not have the better players but the team with the best players doesn’t always win the league. We also rightly have higher expectations and standards all of which in time will propel us to the championship and hopefully premiership. Ten years of bad decisions has led us not to trust those in charge and criticize their every move . Now we are even criticizing our new players before they even play. Getting on the players / management backs is becoming a Falkirk fans norm . Whilst this position is understandable the negative energy transmits to the club and trickles down to the players making their job more difficult and the outcome on the park is often affected. We need now more than ever to change that and get right behind the new regime and at least give them a chance . Each new session brings a new hope and we might just be surprised by a better than expected outcome if we back the team from the off .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

QP & Cove have managers we hounded on here as being clueless. 

We have never hounded Laurie Ellis on here.🙂

Edited by Bairn in Exile
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Rocco said:

As has been previously mentioned, they spoke about incentivised contracts that they are now offering, therefore, you would have to assume that a lot of these two & three year deals have clauses in them so the club can get rid of them if they’re not performing at the level required. 
 

Saying that, it is Falkirk we’re talking about

Or it could be just based on goals/apps/clean sheets/wins etc and have nothing to do with the length of contract 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haha that’s not really a response to what I said. Neil Ferguson has no credibility as every prediction of his has been wildly wrong and led to extreme measures which ruined lives. You’re evidently part of the minority who think we should be locked in our homes for the rest of our lives. Well if you want to lock yourself in your home for eternity then you do that, let the rest of us live. 
More people will be avoiding the Falkirk stadium because of the embarrassment  of a regime running at Falkirk, not because of Covid. 
I wish I could take you to work with me and to let you see what 1 COVID death looks like and how the family grieve on their own. New positives are most,y young and fit but the people who were unaware of underlying health issues are still ending up in ICU.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

QP & Cove have managers we hounded on here as being clueless. We have better stadium ,fans budget, history ,infrastructure , commercial  set up, etc etc .Given we might not have the better players but the team with the best players doesn’t always win the league. We also rightly have higher expectations and standards all of which in time will propel us to the championship and hopefully premiership. Ten years of bad decisions has led us not to trust those in charge and criticize their every move . Now we are even criticizing our new players before they even play. Getting on the players / management backs is becoming a Falkirk fans norm . Whilst this position is understandable the negative energy transmits to the club and trickles down to the players making their job more difficult and the outcome on the park is often affected. We need now more than ever to change that and get right behind the new regime and at least give them a chance . Each new session brings a new hope and we might just be surprised by a better than expected outcome if we back the team from the off .

99.9 percent of us go to the first game of the season with at least a bit of hope and back the team from the off. Few turn up and start giving them pelters from minute one. However, if the team starts the season poorly with insipid performances then the fans have every right to barrack them. We need to be flying from game one in the league this season.  Over to the players and management to give us a side we can be proud of for a change .

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:
7 hours ago, MS RR said:
Haha that’s not really a response to what I said. Neil Ferguson has no credibility as every prediction of his has been wildly wrong and led to extreme measures which ruined lives. You’re evidently part of the minority who think we should be locked in our homes for the rest of our lives. Well if you want to lock yourself in your home for eternity then you do that, let the rest of us live. 
More people will be avoiding the Falkirk stadium because of the embarrassment  of a regime running at Falkirk, not because of Covid. 

I wish I could take you to work with me and to let you see what 1 COVID death looks like and how the family grieve on their own. New positives are most,y young and fit but the people who were unaware of underlying health issues are still ending up in ICU.

My wife's friend's husband had been double jabbed and died of Covid last week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Or it could be just based on goals/apps/clean sheets/wins etc and have nothing to do with the length of contract 

Agree that it could be that, but you may find they need to reach some of these targets to trigger the second or third year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

QP & Cove have managers we hounded on here as being clueless. We have better stadium ,fans budget, history ,infrastructure , commercial  set up, etc etc .Given we might not have the better players but the team with the best players doesn’t always win the league. We also rightly have higher expectations and standards all of which in time will propel us to the championship and hopefully premiership. Ten years of bad decisions has led us not to trust those in charge and criticize their every move . Now we are even criticizing our new players before they even play. Getting on the players / management backs is becoming a Falkirk fans norm . Whilst this position is understandable the negative energy transmits to the club and trickles down to the players making their job more difficult and the outcome on the park is often affected. We need now more than ever to change that and get right behind the new regime and at least give them a chance . Each new session brings a new hope and we might just be surprised by a better than expected outcome if we back the team from the off .

Change the record they get backed every season from the off it's not the fans fault we are a basket case of a club who's board couldn't give two shits about the support apart from give us your money and don't you dare question us.  The players last season were a fucking disgrace it's a joke that some of them are still here but I guess we reward failure. Sheerin will get backed as will the new players but there is absolutely nothing to get excited about with the current squad, your hoping they do well, I've not heard one fan say from our support nor that of other teams that our squad is the best in the league, that's because it's shite. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jesus wept the footballs depressing enough the now without this .
Quite amusing given how depressing your posts are all season long Shadwell….

But the point has been missed due to the cretinous response to my earlier post.
It doesn’t matter what the government does, many older long term supporters are still going to be understandably reluctant to return at least for a fair while, if not permanently lost to the club, due to the impact of COVID and the fact that it’s not disappearing any time soon…..
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Quite amusing given how depressing your posts are all season long Shadwell….emoji3.png

But the point has been missed due to the cretinous response to my earlier post.
It doesn’t matter what the government does, many older long term supporters are still going to be understandably reluctant to return at least for a fair while, if not permanently lost to the club, due to the impact of COVID and the fact that it’s not disappearing any time soon…..

Completely disagree but go to the Covid thread and I and others will readily debate with you there.

SD s only happy when he’s moaning. He’s a nice fellow, by the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Completely disagree but go to the Covid thread and I and others will readily debate with you there.
SD s only happy when he’s moaning. He’s a nice fellow, by the way.

Agree. It’s not the right thread for this debate.
Just one quick question for you though before I leave it there.
Did you ever get the jab or do you still think this is nothing but a bad case of the flu and you’re immune to it all?…
PS. SD is a miserable Cnut but he’s ok really….
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:


Agree. It’s not the right thread for this debate.
Just one quick question for you though before I leave it there.
Did you ever get the jab or do you still think this is nothing but a bad case of the flu and you’re immune to it all?…
PS. SD is a miserable Cnut but he’s ok really….

I'm fine outside pie and b as I use up all my moans on here 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

Change the record they get backed every season from the off it's not the fans fault we are a basket case of a club who's board couldn't give two shits about the support apart from give us your money and don't you dare question us.  The players last season were a fucking disgrace it's a joke that some of them are still here but I guess we reward failure. Sheerin will get backed as will the new players but there is absolutely nothing to get excited about with the current squad, your hoping they do well, I've not heard one fan say from our support nor that of other teams that our squad is the best in the league, that's because it's shite. 

As I said 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:


Agree. It’s not the right thread for this debate.
Just one quick question for you though before I leave it there.
Did you ever get the jab or do you still think this is nothing but a bad case of the flu and you’re immune to it all?…
PS. SD is a miserable Cnut but he’s ok really….

Fully jabbed months ago.

Was never an anti- vaxxer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...