Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

How about we call a truce and agree to disagree?

With all due respect, that's a ridiculous idea. This is an open forum for discussing all things FFC. If you want to form a sub-group which abides by this 'truce' then feel free to indulge yourselves but others are entitled to express their feelings as they desire.

This is P&B, not some cuddly Schofield & Willoughby pish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 137k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Shadwell Dog

    6794

  • Back Post Misses

    5037

  • Marshmallo

    3111

  • Bairnardo

    4618

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

This goes back to the mid seventies early eighties for me. Miles worse than Lamibie’s squad. That squad had the like of Davie Weir, Maurice Johnstone and Paul McGrillen in it 

Not for long though, Lambie couldn't get rid of the better players fast enough so he could bring in his own duffers, if you look at the squad he inherited to the one he left it was full of shite and/or players who knew he was a clown and had chucked the towel in. This squad or what was left of it wasn't good enough when Sheerin took over, re signing some of the failures hasn't helped, and the new signings haven't been inspiring. It doesn't bode well at all. But we shall get some idea on Tuesday. 

Edited by ebobsboy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When you see some of the complete dross playing for championship clubs in the cup yesterday it really hits home again how pish we are. I mean Alex Cooper playing for queen's yesterday . If your playing in a league below that jobber then it's just about time to pack it in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

What I've heard about Wilson is that he's a talented player who over thinks things. Very much a confidence player. Sounds to me like another Alex Harris 

Certainly looking forward to seeing him and the others on Tuesday playing to Sheerin’s tactics.

Only way we can judge how poor or good they are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Not for long though, Lambie couldn't get rid of the better players fast enough so he could bring in his own duffers, if you look at the squad he inherited to the one he left it was full of shite and/or players who knew he was a clown and had chucked the towel in. This squad or what was left of it wasn't good enough when Sheerin took over, re signing some of the failures hasn't helped, and the new signings haven't been inspiring. It doesn't bode well at all. But we shall get some idea on Tuesday. 

I don’t think we will TBH. We are treating like a pre season friendly reading Sheerin’s comments so I can’t see anything more than trying things out. They got a decent result yesterday so it look like it won’t be easy. FFS I won’t be easy v Albion rovers 😳

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

What I've heard about Wilson is that he's a talented player who over thinks things. Very much a confidence player. Sounds to me like another Alex Harris 

Sounds like the kind of player whose career could be heavily influenced by an experienced & capable coach. His fortunes, like our club's, hinge on whether Sheerin is that man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

When you see some of the complete dross playing for championship clubs in the cup yesterday it really hits home again how pish we are. I mean Alex Cooper playing for queen's yesterday . If your playing in a league below that jobber then it's just about time to pack it in.

Cooper and Gibson as fullbacks still blows my mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Sounds like the kind of player whose career could be heavily influenced by an experienced & capable coach. His fortunes, like our club's, hinge on whether Sheerin is that man.

Players that are confidence players and need the old arm round the shoulder treatment very rarely succeed in the lower leagues of Scottish football in my experience.  As soon as I hear that kind of phrase it fills me with dread. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

Is it not just the case that folk have said they can't make it? Not everything is some conspiracy. A complete non issue really. 

Edit to add: who actually gives a f**k anyway?? 

Why does anyone asking legitimate questions about the way things are being pushed have to be dismissed as a conspiracy? 
 

I got the same for asking about the reasons for the Arbroath friendly being cancelled. 
 

This board clearly likes to save face and distort truths. If you fail to believe the things that are in front of you then don’t blame others for questioning why certain details are being maintained. There’s enough been said on here that’s been proven true to give them too much of the benefit of doubt and if they had nothing to hide then you’d think they’d do more to deny some of the more harmful claims. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, roman_bairn said:


Thanks for saving me the time having to explain exactly how dim you are.....emoji16.png

Haha that’s not really a response to what I said. Neil Ferguson has no credibility as every prediction of his has been wildly wrong and led to extreme measures which ruined lives. You’re evidently part of the minority who think we should be locked in our homes for the rest of our lives. Well if you want to lock yourself in your home for eternity then you do that, let the rest of us live. 
More people will be avoiding the Falkirk stadium because of the embarrassment  of a regime running at Falkirk, not because of Covid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Players that are confidence players and need the old arm round the shoulder treatment very rarely succeed in the lower leagues of Scottish football in my experience.  As soon as I hear that kind of phrase it fills me with dread. 

You get the feeling that Mcguffie and Nesbitt might be those sort of players aswell. Capable of flashes of brilliance but absolutely nowhere near consistent enough. You could maybe get away with one of those types of player in the starting 11 IF the rest were good enough to carry the team. What you don't need is three or four in the starting 11 especially at our level. Christ it's bad enough having Miller and Hall as passengers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As others have said it's ridiculous to call this our worst ever squad when they haven't played a competitive game yet. Despite this, Its almost 100% certain that Hartleys squad was worse.  

I just think a bit more balance wouldn't go amiss.  There's no point in raking up the likes of Campbell and Lang who are long gone.  Its fair enough to criticise the current board and hold them to account.  So far they've been a mixed bag for me.  i don't agree with the  appointment and support of Holt and the way they've seemingly dealt with the CI  etc but there are also some positives e.g the new management team, the new development team, the new CEO, bringing back McGivern etc.  

The anti-everything posters haven't even mentioned any of those things over the last few days/weeks - completely ignoring any positives but obsessing over stuff like why a friendly was cancelled or how tickets have been allocated to season ticket holders (which most have said they haven't renewed anyway so why care?!) 

As for continuing to support the team.  Its not blind COYB faith, more the hope that we'll get back to where we were and at this stage of the season (before a ball is even kicked) I think that's fair enough.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

As others have said it's ridiculous to call this our worst ever squad when they haven't played a competitive game yet. Despite this, Its almost 100% certain that Hartleys squad was worse.  

I just think a bit more balance wouldn't go amiss.  There's no point in raking up the likes of Campbell and Lang who are long gone.  Its fair enough to criticise the current board and hold them to account.  So far they've been a mixed bag for me.  i don't agree with the  appointment and support of Holt and the way they've seemingly dealt with the CI  etc but there are also some positives e.g the new management team, the new development team, the new CEO, bringing back McGivern etc.  

The anti-everything posters haven't even mentioned any of those things over the last few days/weeks - completely ignoring any positives but obsessing over stuff like why a friendly was cancelled or how tickets have been allocated to season ticket holders (which most have said they haven't renewed anyway so why care?!) 

As for continuing to support the team.  Its not blind COYB faith, more the hope that we'll get back to where we were and at this stage of the season (before a ball is even kicked) I think that's fair enough.  

 

We have to wait misgivings and all to see what the team does on the pitch.

That's only fair because if the fans are on the teams back from kick off on the first game then failure will be the outcome.

If ever we needed a good start to the season its this one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

As others have said it's ridiculous to call this our worst ever squad when they haven't played a competitive game yet. Despite this, Its almost 100% certain that Hartleys squad was worse.  

I just think a bit more balance wouldn't go amiss.  There's no point in raking up the likes of Campbell and Lang who are long gone.  Its fair enough to criticise the current board and hold them to account.  So far they've been a mixed bag for me.  i don't agree with the  appointment and support of Holt and the way they've seemingly dealt with the CI  etc but there are also some positives e.g the new management team, the new development team, the new CEO, bringing back McGivern etc.  

The anti-everything posters haven't even mentioned any of those things over the last few days/weeks - completely ignoring any positives but obsessing over stuff like why a friendly was cancelled or how tickets have been allocated to season ticket holders (which most have said they haven't renewed anyway so why care?!) 

As for continuing to support the team.  Its not blind COYB faith, more the hope that we'll get back to where we were and at this stage of the season (before a ball is even kicked) I think that's fair enough.  

 

At the end of the day it all means feck all if we don't put a decent side on the park playing some half decent football and win the league. That's the litmus test .  We'll find out on the 31st of July.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

As others have said it's ridiculous to call this our worst ever squad when they haven't played a competitive game yet. Despite this, Its almost 100% certain that Hartleys squad was worse.  

I just think a bit more balance wouldn't go amiss.  There's no point in raking up the likes of Campbell and Lang who are long gone.  Its fair enough to criticise the current board and hold them to account.  So far they've been a mixed bag for me.  i don't agree with the  appointment and support of Holt and the way they've seemingly dealt with the CI  etc but there are also some positives e.g the new management team, the new development team, the new CEO, bringing back McGivern etc.  

The anti-everything posters haven't even mentioned any of those things over the last few days/weeks - completely ignoring any positives but obsessing over stuff like why a friendly was cancelled or how tickets have been allocated to season ticket holders (which most have said they haven't renewed anyway so why care?!) 

As for continuing to support the team.  Its not blind COYB faith, more the hope that we'll get back to where we were and at this stage of the season (before a ball is even kicked) I think that's fair enough.  

 

I think Sammy was an easy appointment but definitely a good one. 

I’m reserving judgement on Sheerin as he hasn’t managed a first team in 7 years and his best success was with him as player manager. That could mean nothing but he was a pretty influential player in his days. Plenty of youth coaches have failed at first team level and as much as I like what he is saying, I will wait and see. Certainly believe that they did approach McCann and Rice and that Sheerin did miss out on the ICT job. 

I think Danny Grainger is a good appointment but that was Sheerin.

The development team I have no idea whether it will be good or bad. I find the lamenting of having 60 players trialled a bit bizarre. Could really have been anyone. There was a claim of them stealing that idea from supporters too but whether they have implemented it correctly. Again we’ll see.

The new CEO looks a good appointment too so looking forward to find out what he can bring.

I feel like we could have had this same conversation a year ago though, with the appointment of a new board, new investment and with M and M on board(plenty were loving them mind) but here we are after our worst ever season in decades and myself and others are the ones to be judged for being cynical! 
 

Will give credit where it’s due but far too early to judge whether their decisions are good or bad. 

 

 

Edited by Caractacus Potts
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Haha that’s not really a response to what I said. Neil Ferguson has no credibility as every prediction of his has been wildly wrong and led to extreme measures which ruined lives. You’re evidently part of the minority who think we should be locked in our homes for the rest of our lives. Well if you want to lock yourself in your home for eternity then you do that, let the rest of us live. 
More people will be avoiding the Falkirk stadium because of the embarrassment  of a regime running at Falkirk, not because of Covid. 

128,000 dead, so far.  That's with "extreme measures".

 

128,000 actual ruined lives. 128,000 people who had wives, husbands, children, grandchildren - all of whom had their lives impacted by Covid. 

 

Idiot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As harrowing as 128000 deaths are, please save it for the covid thread.

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

At the end of the day it all means feck all if we don't put a decent side on the park playing some half decent football and win the league. That's the litmus test .  We'll find out on the 31st of July.

I'd be delighted if we won the league but realistically looking at 2nd/3rd place & hoping we're up for the play-offs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I honestly think if we humped Albion Rovers 4-0 and played exciting attacking football you'd get posters on here complaining that it should have been 9-0 and the air was a bit too humid where they were sitting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...