The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Reading about the game being on Falkirk TV tonight, am I right in saying that the game is being made available to last years season ticket holders for free as well? Unless I'm being daft that is what it reads as.

That's how I read it, you should get a username and password emailed to you. The only thing they weren't clear on was if that also included people with the half season tickets from last year. I'd possibly try your login that you used last season incase they have just popped the game onto that already.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

That's how I read it, you should get a username and password emailed to you. The only thing they weren't clear on was if that also included people with the half season tickets from last year. I'd possibly try your login that you used last season incase they have just popped the game onto that already.

Just tried that and logged in ok but it then took me to a pay per view option at £10. I didn't get a ST this year btw. 

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Just tried that and logged in ok but it then took me to a pay per view option at £10. I didn't get a ST this year btw. 

Yeah I was just guessing that's how they'd be doing it. I had to buy the pay per view as well but it could be they'll email later in the day about usernames and passwords.

4-3-3 tonight with possibly 7/8 new players to see and hopefully a lot better football than the shite we've had to put up with the last two years.

Mutch
Williamson Mckay Dixon Mccann
Telfer Hetherington Ross
Morrison Wilson Mcguffie

Subs
Martin
Sneddon
Nesbitt
Dowds
Miller
Hall

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

4-3-3 tonight with possibly 7/8 new players to see and hopefully a lot better football than the shite we've had to put up with the last two years.

Mutch
Telfer Hetherington Ross
Morrison Wilson Mcguffie

Subs
Martin
Sneddon
Nesbitt
Dowds
Miller
Hall

We’re still short of 4/5 starters for me. 

11 minutes ago, AFalkirkBairnB said:

We’re still short of 4/5 starters for me. 

I'd imagine that defence is the finished article but I'd like a young centre back in as cover so Ben Hall never has to come on. I'd like another starting centre midfielder and obviously we still need someone else upfront to give us something a bit different. 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Mutch
Telfer Hetherington Ross
Morrison Wilson Mcguffie

Subs
Martin
Sneddon
Nesbitt
Dowds
Miller
Hall

That subs bench would give anyone the absolute fear.😂😂

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

Reading about the game being on Falkirk TV tonight, am I right in saying that the game is being made available to last years season ticket holders for free as well? Unless I'm being daft that is what it reads as.

The way I read it is different. Whether you are  a season ticket holder last season or a new season ticket holder you will get a new username and password  if you have renewed your season ticket.  If they gave last year's holders who hadn't renewed free access then they have to give hamilton money for those folk. It would have been a nice idea to me actually to give the first few home league games free on Falkirk tv to last year's season/part season ticket holders whether you renewed or not but obviously no access to the game in person. But then our bod don't do nice ideas.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The way I read it is different. Whether you are  a season ticket holder last season or a new season ticket holder you will get a new username and password  if you have renewed your season ticket.  If they gave last year's holders who hadn't renewed free access then they have to give hamilton money for those folk. It would have been a nice idea to me actually to give the first few home league games free on Falkirk tv to last year's season/part season ticket holders whether you renewed or not but obviously no access to the game in person. But then our bod don't do nice ideas.

I suppose, you would think when they know a percentage of supporters wont renew, they would try and tease them back back with a few free matches to say "look, we have a new manager trying to play better football, I know your pissed off but give us a chance."

1 minute ago, latapythelegend said:

I suppose, you would think when they know a percentage of supporters wont renew, they would try and tease them back back with a few free matches to say "look, we have a new manager trying to play better football, I know your pissed off but give us a chance."

Would've reduced refund requests too.

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Dowds will surely be a starter ahead of Wilson?

Wilson started in all of the preseason games but that could have been due to Sheerin wanting a look at him rather than his personal preference. Tonight's starting line up will be interesting though.

Edited by FFC 1876

2 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I honestly don't get all the Dowds hate. I think he's actually OK. Would be good to see him play in a competent set up. Same could be said for a few others. 

He did nothing at all last season to show he’s cut out for full time football for me.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

Just now, Believe The Hype said:

I honestly don't get all the Dowds hate. I think he's actually OK. Would be good to see him play in a competent set up. Same could be said for a few others. 

I think a fair few of our players will benefit from us actually playing football this season as opposed to hoofball hence why I fancy Dowds to have a much better season this year.