The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, MS RR said:

Haha that’s not really a response to what I said. Neil Ferguson has no credibility as every prediction of his has been wildly wrong and led to extreme measures which ruined lives. You’re evidently part of the minority who think we should be locked in our homes for the rest of our lives. Well if you want to lock yourself in your home for eternity then you do that, let the rest of us live. 
More people will be avoiding the Falkirk stadium because of the embarrassment  of a regime running at Falkirk, not because of Covid. 

No credibility? Sorry did not realise you were qualified to dissect his work. You said that he said 500,000 would die, when in fact only getting towards 128,000 have died. Of course, you conveniently missed out the context of “if no mitigating measures were put in place”. The 128k dead would have battered through 500k with an NHS totally overwhelmed. Christ almighty, give it a rest.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Almost 1800 STs sold is some going at this stage. I would have thought 1500 after last season but if limited capacity is here for even the first month or 2 then it makes sense people have bought sharp. 

Just need to see what Nicola says this week as unless she moves us to Level 0 then itll stay at 1000 capacity & not 2000 capacity. Although I see Hearts have managed to get a 2000 capacity this week whilst still in level 1 so no idea if it can be upped on the basis of discussing with the council area. 

Should we really be signing players that can't stand out against Stirling bloody uni though? If he's crap in one game out of 3 I'd be wanting to see a bit more of him before giving him a two year bloody deal. Why not just sign him till January and see how it goes?  Our pre season seems to me to have been a complete shambles and far from well organised . It's not taken us long to turn into a proper league one club on and off the park. 

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Should we really be signing players that can't stand out against Stirling bloody uni though? If he's crap in one game out of 3 I'd be wanting to see a bit more of him before giving him a two year bloody deal. Why not just sign him till January and see how it goes?  Our pre season seems to me to have been a complete shambles and far from well organised . It's not taken us long to turn into a proper league one club on and off the park. 

We potentially have a major issue here as well.  With all the 2 year and 3 year contracts being dished out..... if this team is mince (hypothetically) ...then we are stuck with them for another season, or we have to pay them off. Given the fact that our club loves to pay off employee contracts early, this may come as no surprise.

Edited by Zbairn

21 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

We potentially have a major issue here as well.  With all the 2 year and 3 year contracts being dished out..... if this team is mince (hypothetically) ...then we are stuck with them for another season, or we have to pay them off. Given the fact that our club loves to pay off employee contracts early, this may come as no surprise.

As has been previously mentioned, they spoke about incentivised contracts that they are now offering, therefore, you would have to assume that a lot of these two & three year deals have clauses in them so the club can get rid of them if they’re not performing at the level required. 

Saying that, it is Falkirk we’re talking about

2 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

At which point did I even come close to expressing happiness at the current situation?

Cove, Queen's Park then ourselves. 

Fyvie, for me, is the best player in the league & both Cove and QP have proven goalscorers.

QP & Cove have managers we hounded on here as being clueless. We have better stadium ,fans budget, history ,infrastructure , commercial  set up, etc etc .Given we might not have the better players but the team with the best players doesn’t always win the league. We also rightly have higher expectations and standards all of which in time will propel us to the championship and hopefully premiership. Ten years of bad decisions has led us not to trust those in charge and criticize their every move . Now we are even criticizing our new players before they even play. Getting on the players / management backs is becoming a Falkirk fans norm . Whilst this position is understandable the negative energy transmits to the club and trickles down to the players making their job more difficult and the outcome on the park is often affected. We need now more than ever to change that and get right behind the new regime and at least give them a chance . Each new session brings a new hope and we might just be surprised by a better than expected outcome if we back the team from the off .

23 minutes ago, Rocco said:

As has been previously mentioned, they spoke about incentivised contracts that they are now offering, therefore, you would have to assume that a lot of these two & three year deals have clauses in them so the club can get rid of them if they’re not performing at the level required. 

Saying that, it is Falkirk we’re talking about

Or it could be just based on goals/apps/clean sheets/wins etc and have nothing to do with the length of contract 

Haha that’s not really a response to what I said. Neil Ferguson has no credibility as every prediction of his has been wildly wrong and led to extreme measures which ruined lives. You’re evidently part of the minority who think we should be locked in our homes for the rest of our lives. Well if you want to lock yourself in your home for eternity then you do that, let the rest of us live. 
More people will be avoiding the Falkirk stadium because of the embarrassment  of a regime running at Falkirk, not because of Covid. 
I wish I could take you to work with me and to let you see what 1 COVID death looks like and how the family grieve on their own. New positives are most,y young and fit but the people who were unaware of underlying health issues are still ending up in ICU.

18 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

QP & Cove have managers we hounded on here as being clueless. We have better stadium ,fans budget, history ,infrastructure , commercial  set up, etc etc .Given we might not have the better players but the team with the best players doesn’t always win the league. We also rightly have higher expectations and standards all of which in time will propel us to the championship and hopefully premiership. Ten years of bad decisions has led us not to trust those in charge and criticize their every move . Now we are even criticizing our new players before they even play. Getting on the players / management backs is becoming a Falkirk fans norm . Whilst this position is understandable the negative energy transmits to the club and trickles down to the players making their job more difficult and the outcome on the park is often affected. We need now more than ever to change that and get right behind the new regime and at least give them a chance . Each new session brings a new hope and we might just be surprised by a better than expected outcome if we back the team from the off .

99.9 percent of us go to the first game of the season with at least a bit of hope and back the team from the off. Few turn up and start giving them pelters from minute one. However, if the team starts the season poorly with insipid performances then the fans have every right to barrack them. We need to be flying from game one in the league this season.  Over to the players and management to give us a side we can be proud of for a change .

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:
7 hours ago, MS RR said:

I wish I could take you to work with me and to let you see what 1 COVID death looks like and how the family grieve on their own. New positives are most,y young and fit but the people who were unaware of underlying health issues are still ending up in ICU.

My wife's friend's husband had been double jabbed and died of Covid last week.

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Or it could be just based on goals/apps/clean sheets/wins etc and have nothing to do with the length of contract 

Agree that it could be that, but you may find they need to reach some of these targets to trigger the second or third year. 

24 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Change the record they get backed every season from the off it's not the fans fault we are a basket case of a club who's board couldn't give two shits about the support apart from give us your money and don't you dare question us.  The players last season were a fucking disgrace it's a joke that some of them are still here but I guess we reward failure. Sheerin will get backed as will the new players but there is absolutely nothing to get excited about with the current squad, your hoping they do well, I've not heard one fan say from our support nor that of other teams that our squad is the best in the league, that's because it's shite. 

Jesus wept the footballs depressing enough the now without this .
Quite amusing given how depressing your posts are all season long Shadwell….[emoji3]

But the point has been missed due to the cretinous response to my earlier post.
It doesn’t matter what the government does, many older long term supporters are still going to be understandably reluctant to return at least for a fair while, if not permanently lost to the club, due to the impact of COVID and the fact that it’s not disappearing any time soon…..

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Quite amusing given how depressing your posts are all season long Shadwell….emoji3.png

But the point has been missed due to the cretinous response to my earlier post.
It doesn’t matter what the government does, many older long term supporters are still going to be understandably reluctant to return at least for a fair while, if not permanently lost to the club, due to the impact of COVID and the fact that it’s not disappearing any time soon…..

Completely disagree but go to the Covid thread and I and others will readily debate with you there.

SD s only happy when he’s moaning. He’s a nice fellow, by the way.

Completely disagree but go to the Covid thread and I and others will readily debate with you there.
SD s only happy when he’s moaning. He’s a nice fellow, by the way.

Agree. It’s not the right thread for this debate.
Just one quick question for you though before I leave it there.
Did you ever get the jab or do you still think this is nothing but a bad case of the flu and you’re immune to it all?…
PS. SD is a miserable Cnut but he’s ok really….

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Agree. It’s not the right thread for this debate.
Just one quick question for you though before I leave it there.
Did you ever get the jab or do you still think this is nothing but a bad case of the flu and you’re immune to it all?…
PS. SD is a miserable Cnut but he’s ok really….

I'm fine outside pie and b as I use up all my moans on here 🤣