The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Very difficult from seeing them on one game alone. Vigurs has a good range of passing and a leader - good addition.Draper no better than Scully, in fact Scully is better. Would only play Draper CB. He's nothing special even for L1. Got experience and will add some depth. 

Draper is never a CB in a million years. I can walk faster than he can run.

I think MacFarlane's statement on the zoom call that the fans need to be more understanding said to me that very little has changed. It's exactly this level of utter contempt that is the huge problem just now. It's never their fault it's the fans. 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think MacFarlane's statement on the zoom call that the fans need to be more understanding said to me that very little has changed. It's exactly this level of utter contempt that is the huge problem just now. It's never their fault it's the fans. 

I find it strange that Colin said that as i know him well and it is not like him

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Draper is never a CB in a million years. I can walk faster than he can run.

Yeah, no pace. From that performance today he's not good enough in my eyes to start ahead of Connor Scully so if Hartley wants to play him I reckon it's got to be CB, which he did 2nd half, or he's warming the bench on a 3 year deal.

Didn't look a CB either so I agree with you. A striker with any pace will trouble him.

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Have to agree with you big man. Can’t see us challenging at all.

Looking at the playing squads, I think Airdrie has the most options of the two and I don't see too many teams dreading playing Falkirk  like they used to.   1800 season tickets we are lucky to get 300....    

little similarities to ourselves when Tom Wotherspoon bought the club from the Ballantynes,   Created the Airdrieonians Football Academy,  Alan Upton was director of youth,  sending numerous youth coaches to get training at Barcelona (none of which were at the club a year later)appointing that weirdo Iain King as Chief Executive who in turn stabbed Gary Bollan in the back and appointed that oddity Wolecki Black......  Crazy times on crowds of 800....

It was a soap opera,  I hope Falkirk get it right, but looks to me too many things getting done at the one time...

Oh and like all good soap operas the wheels came off when Owner Tom Wotherspoon got caught pumping his Secretary and his wife took him to the cleaners..  (Allegedly)

On 15/01/2021 at 13:14, MS RR said:

It's been worse than depressing supporting Falkirk over the last 3-years and there's no hope of it getting any better when you consider the people running the club. All Gary Deans seems to do, is say things that Falkirk fans want to hear but he doesn't really have any idea how to get us back to just a decent standard. He makes rotten decisions and there's absolutely no long-term plan. It just looks like we'll continuously buy crap journey-men who we'll release after a year. I just can't see what Gary Holt will offer, I would much rather have Pressley and Jefferies in. They both have a history of bringing excellent players to the Falkirk,  we've let squander an opportunity that we desperately need. 

I spotted all of this months ago and fans on here slaughtered me. The Falkirk fan base for too long has backed the team with misplaced optimism and refused to spot the obvious signs that things are terrible at the club. It's up to people what they do with their money but I certainly won't be spending a penny in the Falkirk Stadium. The lack of respect the club has for the fans is insulting, that alone stops me from paying into this shambles. It's depressing not wanting to back your own club. 

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I totally respect the idea many fans have that not buying a season ticket harms the club - but I would flip it and suggest that by buying a season ticket, you are assenting to/enabling some of the same people that have got us to our lowest point in 40 years to continue doing what they are doing.  That is the ultimate harm. Whatever way you try to dress it up, by buying a season ticket, you are confirming to them that, no matter what they do or how many mistakes they make (and hardly ever admit to making), you'll still get circa 1500-2000 fans coming through the turnstile, clapping their hands, going "COYB!!!" and coming back every second week, regardless of outcome.

Why would I continue to give money to an operation that has that opinion of me? The only power I therefore have is to withdraw my season ticket money to let them know that I completely disagree with what is happening at my club and the direction they are taking it in. I feel many others have made that same choice too.

You’ve summed that up brilliantly. My feelings exactly 👍

6 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Hmm, remember you are the one that debated with me that Prof Neil Ferguson was an imbecile for suggesting 200k could die without action in the UK prepandemic?
I’d tend to take anything you say and file it in the bin…..

Well if you're stupid enough to believe Neil Ferguson - a man who said half a million would die of covid last year - then I'm certainly concerned about your common sense. 

Well if you're stupid enough to believe Neil Ferguson - a man who said half a million would die of covid last year - then I'm certainly concerned about your common sense. 

Thanks for saving me the time having to explain exactly how dim you are.....[emoji16]

3 hours ago, keithgy said:

I have never been so unimpressed in a squad since the Lambie era,we are rank rotten and will be found out.

I had a quick scan of the first half dozen games, and collectively, just about all of us are conditioned into looking at those fixtures as being a “tough start”, and while nothing is guaranteed in football (I think we all have that seared into our 20/21 memories), it really is a spectacular tumble for a full time “professional” club.

Yet most still hang on to the assurances that jam is coming tomorrow from the same people that won’t own up to making a complete Horlicks of arranging a pre-season game against Arbroath. If they can’t tell the truth about something as innocuous as that, God only knows what webs they spin around the stuff that matters.

So, Cove, Peterhead, Airdrie, Clyde, Queens Park & Alloa. It could be all systems go, or it could be a huge slice of “oh hell no”. Those 6 games might well be the reading of Falkirk’s horoscope for the entire season.

5 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

I can only speak for myself - for me the key point in not handing over any cash for tickets etc is that those running the club view the supporters with contempt. Until there is a clear change in that 'feeling' or real tangible steps towards fan ownership then I won't be paying my 18 quid to people who want me to sit on my hands and say "COYB" like a good little boy no matter how poor we are on the park or however much of a shambles we are off it.

I appreciate this is difficult to quantify but ever since the Craig Campbell era I've got the impression that the club hates us if there is any slight dissension or a desire for things to be less crap generally.

You can actually pinpoint the moment it all changed to the contempt and hatred they have for us now.

It went from Campbell saying my door is always open , come down for a cup of tea to you are all racists and I'm getting death threats (neither of which were able to be substantiated) - and that feeling of contempt has remained.

The actual moment I reckon was when Campbell threatened to sue a group of our own fans for using the club badge - unbelievably bad PR.       

Guest Back Post Misses
4 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

You can actually pinpoint the moment it all changed to the contempt and hatred they have for us now.

It went from Campbell saying my door is always open , come down for a cup of tea to you are all racists and I'm getting death threats (neither of which were able to be substantiated) - and that feeling of contempt has remained.

The actual moment I reckon was when Campbell threatened to sue a group of our own fans for using the club badge - unbelievably bad PR.       

It goes back a lot earlier than that. 

Guest Back Post Misses
11 hours ago, keithgy said:

I have never been so unimpressed in a squad since the Lambie era,we are rank rotten and will be found out.

This goes back to the mid seventies early eighties for me. Miles worse than Lamibie’s squad. That squad had the like of Davie Weir, Maurice Johnstone and Paul McGrillen in it 

22 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Interesting

I know someone who bought on Tuesday. after they said they had sold 1300 tickets and has getting into the Albion Rovers game. Has the capacity been increased? 

Is it not just the case that folk have said they can't make it? Not everything is some conspiracy. A complete non issue really. 

Edit to add: who actually gives a f**k anyway?? 

Edited by Believe The Hype

I'm all for criticism when it's due but the worst squad you've seen when we've not even seen them play a minute of football in a Falkirk shirt.

That's bold.

We're still short that's for sure but I'm looking forward to seeing what the football is like on Tuesday and how the new squad fit into Sheerin's system and way of playing.

8 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Maybe you should watch tonight’s game from Wembley and ask yourself just how appropriate Dentist Leitch’s rules and regs are?

I think you'll find a lot your fellow Falkirk P&Bers agree with that sentiment, irrespective of political leanings.

However, I've reported you for trolling because it has nothing to do with FFC and, as you're well aware, this isn't the first time you've tried to push your agenda.