Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

44 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I only mentioned him as he's been freed, has Aberdeen connections, I wouldn't take him we already have Morrison who has pace but not much of an end product, and we really don't know if Nesbitt or Mcguffie will be similar. We need two forwards who can score goals. 

2 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

And/or we have missed out on targets

Aye, probably these buggers. 😋

28 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Actually met big Connor the other day and he seems a very nice lad. He said it's a shame to see what's happening with the BOD and fans just now because Falkirk are a great club. He actually said 'cloob' in a very strong Irish accent but I got the drift! 

Unfortunately I think that is what has hindered his footballing career. If he was a big idiot who just put himself through people using his build to his advantage he'd have done much better.

Edited by FFC 1876

46 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

To be fair last season our issue was more to do with not creating any chances and Sammon even managed to look like a competent footballer occassionally at this level from just using his pace and putting himself about a bit. 

He had one decent game last season against clyde and that was it. 

17 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

He had one decent game last season against clyde and that was it. 

I'm in no way shape or form saying he's a good footballer. But there's a reason he was preferred to Keena for example in games last season. If we're planning on playing one upfront then someone with pace, who can make a nuisance of themselves running the channels and creating space for the runners in behind him will be better than a Keena or Dowds up top on their own. There's no doubt we never saw the best of Keena or Dowds last season but I don't necessarily  put the blame on the individuals for that given we created absolutely nothing with Telfer out the team last season.

I'd love to see Telfer in the number 10 position this season as that's where he can affect the game the most. Always looks to get on the ball and showed last season he's capable of pinging one in from the edge of the box. 

Edited by FFC 1876

He's Alloa's problem now. There's not one of those away with the possible exception of Gomis instead of Hall that were worth keeping. If Dowds hasn't improved massively then you can see him becoming the new "big useless haddie" up front. 

Seb Ross, another Sheerin man. Can play out wide or prefers to play as the number 10. Done reasonably well at Stenny on loan a few years ago and is still only 21.

Don’t know anything about Seb Ross but will give us another option in attacking areas. I can see he didn’t play a huge amount for Cove last season.

I’d rather we weren’t handing out 2 year deals like confetti but will wait to see how he does.

Seems a bit strange us signing players that struggle to get a game for cove.  Squad cover perhaps? My scouting report is he's not very good unfortunately.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Unsure about this one, Cove fans haven’t seemed to be particularly impressed with him this season although time will tell. 
Hopefully Sheerin can get him firing considering he’s worked with him previously. Presumably Sheerin has had a fair bit of input on this one as well which is a good sign regardless of how this transfer turns out.

Edited by Chinatoon Bairn

Guest Peter LaFleur

I'm quite underwhelmed with the signing tbh. Never seemed to get a run in the Cove side but I will trust Sheerin's judgement and the boy is only 21. Hopefully he is one Sheerin see's as back-up to the starting 11 and a player to further develop.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Seb Ross, another Sheerin man. Can play out wide or prefers to play as the number 10. Done reasonably well at Stenny on loan a few years ago and is still only 21.

Hope it works out at Falkirk for Seb but he was a fringe player for us and struggled to show any kind of form for in his limited sub appearances. Not a goalscorer and doesn't create much either. I didn't see a standout attribute but like I said didn't play overly much. Suspect he'll be a squad player.

I never thought he'd go to a promotion pushing L1 side to be honest but the Severin link has landed him a chance with the Bairns

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Hope it works out at Falkirk for Seb but he was a fringe player for us and struggled to show any kind of form for in his limited starts. Not a goalscorer and doesn't create much either. I didn't see a standout attribute but like I said didn't play overly much. Suspect he'll be a squad player.

When he played with you did he play in the middle of the park? From what I remember of him at Stenny he played as the 10 and made runs in behind the defence. I'm hoping it's been a case of just the wrong fit at Cove as you tended to play with the three centre midfielders last year instead of someone playing as the number 10. Sheerin knows what he's getting from him having brought him through the Aberdeen youth team so he obviously knows where he wants him to play.

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Seems a bit strange us signing players that struggle to get a game for cove.  Squad cover perhaps?

15 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Unsure about this one, Cove fans haven’t seemed to be particularly impressed with him this season although time will tell. 
Hopefully Sheerin can get him firing considering he’s worked with him previously.

15 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

I'm quite underwhelmed with the signing tbh. Never stuck out during our games versus Cove but I will trust Sheerin's judgement and the boy is only 21. Hopefully he is one Sheerin see's as back-up to the starting 11 and a player to further develop.

Don't the lot of you be so polite, it's a shite signing. Rawlins has his millions and we're shopping in the bargain basement. Millionaires are millionaires for a reason, the never part with their cash. Like @Bigbrbairn previously mentioned, I too was hoping the gap in signings would see the next one being a belter, how disappointing. Doesn't bode well for the season.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

When he played with you did he play in the middle of the park? From what I remember of him at Stenny he played as the 10 and made runs in behind the defence. I'm hoping it's been a case of just the wrong fit at Cove as you tended to play with the three centre midfielders last year instead of someone playing as the number 10. Sheerin knows what he's getting from him having brought him through the Aberdeen youth team so he obviously knows where he wants him to play.

I think we played him in the number 10 role. He's pretty lightweight as I remember and although has a bit of pace he didn't have end product.

To be honest you gave us Leitch and we've given you Seb. Probably about that same standard

Edited by CoveRangers1922

11 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Hope it works out at Falkirk for Seb but he was a fringe player for us and struggled to show any kind of form for in his limited sub appearances. Not a goalscorer and doesn't create much either. I didn't see a standout attribute but like I said didn't play overly much. Suspect he'll be a squad player.

I never thought he'd go to a promotion pushing L1 side to be honest but the Severin link has landed him a chance with the Bairns

Stenhousemuir had him on loan from Aberdeen in our relegation season of 2018/19 and this comment sums up Seb Ross quite well. I think he was quite highly rated by the Dons but I didn't see anything from him to suggest he'd cut it in the Premiership, or full-time football for that matter.

Good luck to him!

4 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I think we played him in the number 10 role. He's pretty lightweight as I remember and although has a bit of pace he didn't have end product.

To be honest you gave us Leitch and we've given you Seb. Probably about that same standard

If hes the same standard as Leitch were f***ed

3 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

That what I was about to say I hope he's not another Leitch. Agree with others on the two and three year contracts though, they have to work and the harsh reality is one or two probably won't. Don't know anything about this guy and probably the most underwhelming signing yet. 

18 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Hopefully Sheerin can get him firing considering he’s worked with him previously. Presumably Sheerin has had a fair bit of input on this one as well which is a good sign regardless of how this transfer turns out.

Unless the rest of the players he signs turn out to be shite.