The Falkirk FC Thread

55 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

One for the bench/dev team and to challenge mutch, and the other incase one of the other 2 get injured we can recall from loan where they have been involved in first team football? 

Also covid outbreaks are likely so having more than 2 in the building makes sense. 

If you were an outsider looking in, you'd think that we were getting organised on and off the park, restructuring etc. Certainly doesnt feel like that to me ,and the question is, where do we go from here if this doesnt work ? Begging bowl out to fans, Navy Blue? We've been here before and we'll be there again, its just a case of when imo.

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, Sgt Bilko said:

Any news, rumours on a game lined up for today or are we just going into Tues having only had a kick about against Irvine and Hearts. 

Game v Forfar was meant to be on last night. Was cancelled too. 

16 hours ago, AGPar said:

Let's see. What's the difference between these three and Holt? Apart from the obvious. Ah yes, they were actual football managers. Their neck, their reputation, their job on the line if their signings didn't work out. Who do you think will be taking the flak and the fall if Holt's job-lot of signings turn out to be a bag of a shite? I'll give you a clue, it certainly won't be Gary Holt. 

Hate Holt? Nope. Hate the fact that that such an individual is involved in my football club. A big difference which you'd do very well to grasp.

Agreed, if it goes pear shaped Holt will still be hanging about, Sheerin's reputation will be in tatters, and Gary Holt will come out and say absolutely none of it was his fault. 

42 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

What is the score regarding who get in on Tuesday ? It is the first 1000 who bought? 

I believe so, with the remaining season ticket holders guaranteed a ticket for the second game and a ballot among the initial 1,000 for the rest.

Guest Back Post Misses
2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I believe so, with the remaining season ticket holders guaranteed a ticket for the second game and a ballot among the initial 1,000 for the rest.

Interesting

I know someone who bought on Tuesday. after they said they had sold 1300 tickets and has getting into the Albion Rovers game. Has the capacity been increased? 

Out of that mentioned team I think the highlighted can be part of a good side from what I've seen:

Mutch
Williamson Mckay Dixon Mccann
Telfer Hetherington
Ross
Morrison Wilson Mcguffie

Williamson and Hetherington are being viewed positively from other folk here, with McKay, Ross and Wilson not earning good reviews.

8/11 that in my mind can be decent with the other 3 unproven at the club, a new manager and supporting team in place and a development side to come. Still some folk from last year's team that haven't had a run of games. I'll give them a few games at least.

Edited by Gollum

51 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Interesting

I know someone who bought on Tuesday. after they said they had sold 1300 tickets and has getting into the Albion Rovers game. Has the capacity been increased? 

You’d hope so, government rules are bull.

I see Aberdeen have applied for 8k for the first game of the league season. 

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

Agreed, if it goes pear shaped Holt will still be hanging about, Sheerin's reputation will be in tatters, and Gary Holt will come out and say absolutely none of it was his fault. 

a bit like the end of last season then when all he had to do was get us a couple of points from 15 and failed to do that. blamed injuries etc took no responsibility for him having control of the January window.  here we have what looks like another failed transfer window. what is the point of him?

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

They will have to buy Sheerin's silence like they obviously have with M&M.

Unless Sheerin goes full Bannon, Hartley, May etc I think a large portion of fans will have Holts head on the block first, we haven't kicked a ball and that's the case now.

I hope Sheerin is a manager we can have for a fair bit of time,the yearly manager situation is a big part of our problem.

49 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

You’d hope so, government rules are bull.

I see Aberdeen have applied for 8k for the first game of the league season. 

Gonna be a right riddy when all England leagues open with full stadiums for league fixtures, and we have 1k spread out across 3 stands with a morgue like atmosphere (even more so than usual) 

14 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

Some of the fans who are gagging to get into the Albion Rovers game are embarrassing and absolutely part of the problem at the club… 

This is complete bollocks.  The fans are never the problem.  Over the last few years the fans have backed the team to the hilt and been let down by poor management and poor recruitment.  

By your logic the 1500 who have renewed tickets are to blame for where we are?  

In this day and age there are far more alternatives vying for peoples time and money than professional football.  Its naive to think the board are going anywhere this season so 'starving' the team of support is only going to get more regulars out of the habit of going to games.  Regulars who once out of that habit might never go back. 

Another risk of course is that with no money coming in there is not a club for supporters to come back to.  We're having a terrible few years lately but while we still have a club we can get through this period and I for one would much rather the club survived than we turn into the likes of Airdrie in terms of fan numbers as well as matching them for dross on the pitch.  

I'm not even sure a lot of those withholding ticket money actually know what they're trying to achieve.  You just need to look at things like the recent comment above that talks about not buying a season ticket until the MSG are gone.  Then you've got MSG GTF both don't seem to realise the MSG aren't running the show any more.  For a lot of others, SA and MR have gone from being the toxic root cause of everything bad at the club to shining knights in armour, Falkirk fans at heart who supported the Navy Blue bid and should have been trusted.  The hyprocracy is staggering. 

Meanwhile I really wish we'd sign a decent player or two and am personally looking forward to getting back to watching my team play.  

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Interesting

I let the club know I couldn’t attend either game (& was due a ticket on Tues) due to a holiday so could be that others have done the same. 

44 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

This is complete bollocks.  The fans are never the problem.  Over the last few years the fans have backed the team to the hilt and been let down by poor management and poor recruitment.  

By your logic the 1500 who have renewed tickets are to blame for where we are?  

In this day and age there are far more alternatives vying for peoples time and money than professional football.  Its naive to think the board are going anywhere this season so 'starving' the team of support is only going to get more regulars out of the habit of going to games.  Regulars who once out of that habit might never go back. 

Another risk of course is that with no money coming in there is not a club for supporters to come back to.  We're having a terrible few years lately but while we still have a club we can get through this period and I for one would much rather the club survived than we turn into the likes of Airdrie in terms of fan numbers as well as matching them for dross on the pitch.  

I'm not even sure a lot of those withholding ticket money actually know what they're trying to achieve.  You just need to look at things like the recent comment above that talks about not buying a season ticket until the MSG are gone.  Then you've got MSG GTF both don't seem to realise the MSG aren't running the show any more.  For a lot of others, SA and MR have gone from being the toxic root cause of everything bad at the club to shining knights in armour, Falkirk fans at heart who supported the Navy Blue bid and should have been trusted.  The hyprocracy is staggering. 

Meanwhile I really wish we'd sign a decent player or two and am personally looking forward to getting back to watching my team play.  

COYB…. Once a Bairn, Always A Bairn…. Pass the sweeties over here. 

59 minutes ago, MrDust said:

They will have to buy Sheerin's silence like they obviously have with M&M.

Unless Sheerin goes full Bannon, Hartley, May etc I think a large portion of fans will have Holts head on the block first, we haven't kicked a ball and that's the case now.

I hope Sheerin is a manager we can have for a fair bit of time,the yearly manager situation is a big part of our problem.

I think the only way Sheerin will be with us beyond this season is if we go up, if we don't it'll be another new manager again, if it is a failure you would hope the board bin Holt aswell but I can't see it. Deans seems convinced he's the best thing since sliced bread.