The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Bit bizarre seeing the outrage at the signings tbh, I don't think they're actually that bad if you look at them without emotion. Holt signing is son is obvious bait but aside from that it looks fine apart from a lack of high profile striker?

Presumably you're getting Ruth from Aberdeen on loan. And Keena, Dowds, and Ruth, on paper, is a strong collection of striking options for this level as you'll, presumably, only be playing one up front.

Only one of that three can actually play upfront on their own which is Dowds. Keena showed last season he's lost up there by himself and Ruth's a young boy that most likely needs foil up there with him.

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Only one of that three can actually play upfront on their own which is Dowds. Keena showed last season he's lost up there by himself and Ruth's a young boy that most likely needs foil up there with him.

If they play with 3 up front with wingers who are actually up alongside the striker, then Keena will be just fine in that setup. Playing him up top on his own is when it becomes an issue. 

6 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Dowds and Keena are poor the latter will probably be injured more than he plays, Wilson well that's just a joke, and Ruth hasn't scored goals to suggest he's going to be any better. The rest of the signings apart from maybe the two full backs are meh. We needed at least five signings before today's that were better quality, we are now looking at maybe three who need to be. If the rest are along the same vein as what we have then we are doing absolutely nothing this season bar maybe trying to avoid the playoffs at the bottom end. 

Once again, Keena had one big injury last season. Why do you constantly write that he’s constantly getting injured?

I’ve been reading the posts on here for weeks and just thought we were a bunch of moaning b*****ds but Gary holt is just making a cnut of us now. I thought yogi looked down his nose at the fans but this guy is off the scale. I’m so glad I didn’t renew my season ticket, I’m actually scunnered with the club.

21 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Don’t disagree that it’s a good investment. All for it. Just trying to ascertain what I’d say is the true number of tickets sold. If they include freebies then could technically hand out a couple of hundred to friends and family just to boost the numbers. Not saying that’s the case but just interested what the true figure is. 

All U12 tickets “sold” are paid for by the sponsor otherwise I’m not sure we’d be doing it but you never know. 

6 minutes ago, Rocco said:

If they play with 3 up front with wingers who are actually up alongside the striker, then Keena will be just fine in that setup. Playing him up top on his own is when it becomes an issue. 

Once again, Keena had one big injury last season. Why do you constantly write that he’s constantly getting injured?

Keena can't hold up play or put himself about therefore if he's playing upfront on his own against two centre backs it'll be an easy day for the two centre backs regardless of how high the wingers are.

Guest Back Post Misses
59 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Alex Ferguson, Brian Clough and Harry Redknapp all signed their sons.

It seems to me that some folks are being blinded to a signings ability based purely on the fact they have developed hatred for his father and not on any actual evidence of him playing.   A man should be allowed to do his job with dignity and not be abused by folks who have limited knowledge of the day to day running within the club.  

I ask how many of the folks in here who shoot their mouths of at our board have actually taken the opportunity to use the supplied email and contact them directly? Or is it easier to hide behind the anonymity of an online username.  

While you may not agree with signings, strategy etc, you have absolutely no right to verbally abuse another person behind their back.

The three you mentioned had actually achieved in the game. Holt is an imposter

Guest Caractacus Potts
10 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

All U12 tickets “sold” are paid for by the sponsor otherwise I’m not sure we’d be doing it but you never know. 

Sorry missed that part. Didn’t realise that was the case. Never seen anything about it. 

52 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I note the only person to have a go at the son is our resident Raith obsessive.

Everyone else has been destroying Holt Snr.

I took no attack at the son, I simply noted that his CV in the New World seems a wee bit inflated and asked what he did in Scotland. If that’s an attack, so be it.

11 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I took no attack at the son, I simply noted that his CV in the New World seems a wee bit inflated and asked what he did in Scotland. If that’s an attack, so be it.

I never used the word attack, simply you "had a go" which is true. I actually agree with you, and was trying to make the point that people in general had been attacking Holt Sr.

39 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

I’ve been reading the posts on here for weeks and just thought we were a bunch of moaning b*****ds but Gary holt is just making a cnut of us now. I thought yogi looked down his nose at the fans but this guy is off the scale. I’m so glad I didn’t renew my season ticket, I’m actually scunnered with the club.

Aye? Well, you'll no be missed ya moaning faced fucker!

I sat back and gave Gary Holt a pass last season taking charge of a team that had clearly chucked it after the restart. However, in the past week, I've seen him on open goal as a bus driver, I'm all for a laugh (not that open goal is very funny anymore), but read the room Gary, the most important season in our clubs history in however many decades isn't the time for a guy who's already disliked. To then go and sign his fucking son on a two year deal really rips the utter hole. Get him to f**k. 

51 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Keena can't hold up play or put himself about therefore if he's playing upfront on his own against two centre backs it'll be an easy day for the two centre backs regardless of how high the wingers are.

He might not need to do any of that with the correct style of play. He may just need to get himself in the right position to feed off the wingers. 

It comes down to the style of play Sheerin sets up, but Keena was isolated when he played last season, which is why I think he looked so poor. I’m giving him a fresh start and hoping he proves the original hype around him was correct 

7 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Over 1.5k season tickets sold. I won’t be buying one, but also not one to deride fans who do, especially after the 18 months we’ve had. Seems like a pretty astonishingly high number. Some fan base. 

Over 1.5k season tickets would technically be more accurate. What percentage  are bona fide purchases, and what percentage are U12 freebies?

6 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I hope he does you a turn.

Sadly, I think it has been Falkirk who have done him a turn. This all feels very very bad.

17 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Over 1.5k season tickets would technically be more accurate. What percentage  are bona fide purchases, and what percentage are U12 freebies?

See my post a page or 2 back. Usually it’s 5-10% but are not freebies to the club as the sponsor covers the tickets “sold” back to the club. A good deal to be fair to whoever set it up 10 years ago. 

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

If you didn’t know better you would think they are just taking the piss now. 

I genuinely don’t know better. To repeat myself…….when it comes to the workings of Falkirk FC, no matter how cynical I get, I just can’t keep up. If we thought last season was a total train wreck, then they are clearly prepared to take it even further this season.

4 hours ago, AGPar said:

It's got nothing to do with what I believe, recruitment falls within his remit as Sporting Director. Holt provides the players. Sheerin works with them on a daily basis. If Holt had to defer to the Head Coach in relation to transfers he would not have had the authority to sign five players on contracts well before the Head Coach, and his preferred formation and style of play, had even been identified. Sheerin actually made reference to the players Holt had signed for the club in his first interview. Holt signs them. Sheerin coaches them. That's the deal, as Sheerin presumably would have been well aware when he agreed to take the job.

Well Sheerin clearly wasn’t well aware of it when he stated quite clearly that he had the final say on signings.

55 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I sat back and gave Gary Holt a pass last season taking charge of a team that had clearly chucked it after the restart. However, in the past week, I've seen him on open goal as a bus driver, I'm all for a laugh (not that open goal is very funny anymore), but read the room Gary, the most important season in our clubs history in however many decades isn't the time for a guy who's already disliked. To then go and sign his fucking son on a two year deal really rips the utter hole. Get him to f**k. 

Missed you bro, only thing that's made me smile on this thread is your return.

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Welcome back SB.