Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

I was there the night Deans got hounded at a shareholder meeting at Brockville. That was in the days when active participation was the only source of protest or action before social media came along. Unless something absolutely serious happens, you are not going to get  the fan base out. As CP stated, the way society has changed also means the way protest has changed. Maybe not for the better.
As an aside, we also need to be a wee bit realistic here.  I don’t think the shocking way the miners were treated by Thatcher, which was a societal game changer, can be used as a comparison.
Just out of interest, that would be the same shareholders who wouldn't put their hands in their pockets to get the Andy Walker deal over the line. The same shareholders who wouldn't put their hands in their pockets to save the club when the receivers walked through the door, the same shareholders who let BtB save their shareholding with bucket collections, from Joe Public, on Meeks Road. The same shareholders who have sat & watched a 10 year decline into oblivion.
Those shareholders?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Sorry, I just don’t get all this protest stuff.

The current situation isn’t great PR wise but everyone thought the Rawlins deal was the correct move at the time.

I say, let them get on with it and see how it goes.

Regarding the Q ana A, okay it could have been set up better but let’s hear what they have to say. I’m sure they’ll address a good few of the matters which have been raised on here.

As far as I’m aware the BOD are not in it for personal gain and that should always be remembered. Why put yourself through all this aggro from the ‘baying mob’ when you could have a quiet time doing other things?

All this stuff about ‘the miners’, nurses pay, etc. Is just crap.

For goodness sake, get a grip.

I don't like you as a poster at all but I am not in the habit of giving folks reddies for their posts. I accidentally gave you a reddie so I have given you a greenie too to compensate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Sorry Robbie, but you'll have to bide your time on the bench.Screenshot_20210619-105935_Facebook.jpeg

Signed for Parma towards the beginning of the week so it's Robbie Mutch again for us.

Edited by Marshmallo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The chat along the lines of "anyone could join the Zoom call and ruin it" is symptomatic of everything wrong with the club over the last 10+ years as I see it. For all the rhetoric about Premiership, five year plans, strategy etc etc, the full thing is run like a mid sized bowling club rather than a business that has 3,000-4,000 paying customers every fortnight. It is tinpot beyond belief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Sorry, I just don’t get all this protest stuff.

The current situation isn’t great PR wise but everyone thought the Rawlins deal was the correct move at the time.

I say, let them get on with it and see how it goes.

Regarding the Q ana A, okay it could have been set up better but let’s hear what they have to say. I’m sure they’ll address a good few of the matters which have been raised on here.

As far as I’m aware the BOD are not in it for personal gain and that should always be remembered. Why put yourself through all this aggro from the ‘baying mob’ when you could have a quiet time doing other things?

All this stuff about ‘the miners’, nurses pay, etc. Is just crap.

For goodness sake, get a grip.

Who are you and what have you done with DPB?? 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Signed for Parma towards the beginning of the week so it's Robbie Mutch again for us.

He wouldn’t have been number 1 anyway with Mutch at the club 😆🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know that much about most of our new signings but McCann has always looked good when I have seen him. Brad McKay has never set the Heather alight but does have experience. I would like to see an experience skillful midfield player in there as I feel we are short of guile in that area. Up front I am lost to work out why we were so poor last year. On paper Keena and Dowds looked to be good signings but nothing happened. Was it our set up or lack of the final ball?
Sheerin has advertised attacking exciting football so let's see if it is real or just hot air.
On paper since relegation we should have performed better but there has not been any fight. We need to set a mark by giving a team a good hiding early in the campaign

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching the game last night has made me really excited about getting back into the stadium. What a difference a crowd makes. Looking forward to sitting in the Crunchie Stand and giving it laldy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched Sheerin’s recent interview. Much better than the first. Likeable and seems level headed, will be easy to get behind if we start off well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[mention=53662]bairn88[/mention] and [mention=65287]Bigbrbairn[/mention], that’s 2 positive posts in a row - you clearly both don’t understand how the Falkirk thread works.
Don’t let it happen again or I’ll be forced to notify the moderators.
Got fed up with the negative posturing as it does my box in. I only want to see our new signings do well and not spending Saturday nights trying to kick the cat. If people don't have a positive feeling at the start it does not bode well. I LOVE Falkirk FC and 3very close season I hope our newbies are the article. Even the Brentford model disaster lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:
24 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
[mention=53662]bairn88[/mention] and [mention=65287]Bigbrbairn[/mention], that’s 2 positive posts in a row - you clearly both don’t understand how the Falkirk thread works.
Don’t let it happen again or I’ll be forced to notify the moderators.

Got fed up with the negative posturing as it does my box in. I only want to see our new signings do well and not spending Saturday nights trying to kick the cat. If people don't have a positive feeling at the start it does not bode well. I LOVE Falkirk FC and 3very close season I hope our newbies are the article. Even the Brentford model disaster lol

Keep up the good work brer. I’ve been posting less lately as it’s always very negative but was pleasantly surprised reading the two posts I referred to earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched the training videos again and as I'm sad I counted the players running round the pitch. 21 by my count which means we have either 6 trialists or possibly only 6 of a development team. 

Anyone recognise the player closest to the camera here?

 

6187EB8D-BDFC-44DB-917E-094432737C37.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Also I don't think it's a player but who is this?

 

52DB2A1C-CB46-41F1-9EF2-C891843B8811.png

Corzo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Watched the training videos again and as I'm sad I counted the players running round the pitch. 21 by my count which means we have either 6 trialists or possibly only 6 of a development team. 

Anyone recognise the player closest to the camera here?

 

6187EB8D-BDFC-44DB-917E-094432737C37.jpeg

The development team will be part time so I’d assume they’d be training in the evenings rather than with the first team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Volunteer your services if you think you could do a job. He’s the first to admit he’s not Sky Sports/BT but you know what he volunteered & does it when no one else wants to and for bugger all thanks from the club, let alone moaners on social media. 

I find his commentary tedious, if he's a volunteer he should have more freedom to express how shite we look during games, rather than try and con the fans into believing we're the team on the front-foot when we we're playing shockingly bad. He seems like a puppet for the club on some occasions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MS RR said:

I find his commentary tedious, if he's a volunteer he should have more freedom to express how shite we look during games, rather than try and con the fans into believing we're the team on the front-foot when we we're playing shockingly bad. He seems like a puppet for the club on some occasions. 

The guy just wants to do his bit for the team, to give the lad pelters is a bit uncalled for all he is doing is asking the questions.  In regards to after match he's just trying to put things as easy as possible for the person being asked.  I mean what do you expect

So Lee how shite were we and where did it go wrong

Wheres the plan b

and we really were shite today

How come we still have diddys a, b and c in the team and what was the thought process of giving them a new deal when in actual fact they are p*sh

probably not the questions he would be allowed to ask

As for the zoom q and a its prob going to be a paul's going to be wearing a tracksuit, yes we have been scouting the juniors and we will probably put someone on the nearside post 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly we have a lot of fans who want a positive commentary. They don't want to hear this is pish Falkirk get the finger out and who put that Diddy on the park. That's the job of the spectators! Can you imagine Lewis saying here we are again covering 11 guys who don't give a damn about the team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually quite like Lewis as he’s got a nice pleasant accent and a good flow of words. Comes over quite cultured.

Bearing in mind the constraints put on him, well outlined earlier, I think he does well.

The immediate post match interviews are as good as can be expected under the circumstances.

Having had the chance to listen to commentators of opposing teams, he easily holds his own, I would say.

I think we should dispense with the pre match interviews carried out on the Thursday or Friday prior, as none of our recent managers have stated anything interesting. From a fan’s perspective, you hope to hear about injuries, proposed team selections, etc., but realistically, that’s never going to happen. So, I say, bin it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...