Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

A small band of protesters with a strategic plan generates the necessary red top coverage which then provokes change

I'm sure that will work fine for our elderly fans or those that can't walk far. 
The BTW bus drops off right outside the Crunchie Stand. Why don't we all just use the name Crunchie stand instead of South Stand whether they change it or not

10 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

A small band of protesters with a strategic plan generates the necessary red top coverage which then provokes change

Do you really think our mob would bother.  They've been happy to call their own fans racists without a shred of evidence. Your kidding yourself if you think they'd bother about a few fans protesting.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

No but the publicity would hit them

Do you really think our mob would bother.  They've been happy to call their own fans racists without a shred of evidence. Your kidding yourself if you think they'd bother about a few fans .

Just now, Bigbrbairn said:
3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:
I'm sure that will work fine for our elderly fans or those that can't walk far. 

The BTW bus drops off right outside the Crunchie Stand

And if you're in the main stand?  Why not just charge for the bloody car park when you can use it until things get back to bloody normal instead of being greedy.

Just now, Bigbrbairn said:

No but the publicity would hit them

Would it hell.  The racism pish never made one difference to them. They're only interested in getting your cash nothing else. If the well ran dry then they'd have to do something but until then we're stuck with them and stuck with mediocrity.

Shadwell I respect your views and those of BPM as you both have consistently stated your views and have shown your devotion to the club in more ways than just using a keyboard. It is to be respected and admired. Whilst I don't always share your views I know they come from the same love of the Bairns that I have.
Several newer posters like Crack pots and zbairn appear very angry and quite insulting to those who are not on their page. Perhaps they should suggest direct action?

Question. 

Opening day win v Cove or Scotland win tonight. 

only one winner for me 

Falkirk every single time. 

6 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Question. 

Opening day win v Cove or Scotland win tonight. 

only one winner for me 

Falkirk every single time. 

Win v Cove 

42 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Shadwell I respect your views and those of BPM as you both have consistently stated your views and have shown your devotion to the club in more ways than just using a keyboard. It is to be respected and admired. Whilst I don't always share your views I know they come from the same love of the Bairns that I have.
Several newer posters like Crack pots and zbairn appear very angry and quite insulting to those who are not on their page. Perhaps they should suggest direct action?

I am annoyed(I’ve said as much) and came on to express my point of view at things going wrong with the club. Im actually amazed there aren’t more doing the same but that’s up to them. I think I’ve been fair in my comments and if claiming a couple of the new posters are board allies is insulting then I’ll hold my hands up to that one. 

I’ve taken direct action and not got a ST for this year. There’s clearly not a great will to protest and I respect a lot of the fans don’t care about the governance of the club and just want to try enjoy the football. What you’re saying though is unless myself or others are prepared to call a protest against the club then we’re not allowed to use a forum to air our grievances? 

i appreciate it’s tiresome but I am equally tired of the way the board treats the fans. Everything that people have been suggesting is wrong with their attitude and the way they have treated groups is evident in the communication that has been coming out recently. If you want to look the other way then that’s up to you but I’ll continue to say what I feel so sorry if it bothers you. 

I am annoyed(I’ve said as much) and came on to express my point of view at things going wrong with the club. Im actually amazed there aren’t more doing the same but that’s up to them. I think I’ve been fair in my comments and if claiming a couple of the new posters are board allies is insulting then I’ll hold my hands up to that one. 

I’ve taken direct action and not got a ST for this year. There’s clearly not a great will to protest and I respect a lot of the fans don’t care about the governance of the club and just want to try enjoy the football. What you’re saying though is unless myself or others are prepared to call a protest against the club then we’re not allowed to use a forum to air our grievances? 

i appreciate it’s tiresome but I am equally tired of the way the board treats the fans. Everything that people have been suggesting is wrong with their attitude and the way they have treated groups is evident in the communication that has been coming out recently. If you want to look the other way then that’s up to you but I’ll continue to say what I feel so sorry if it bothers you. 
You are totally entitled to your views and i agree with the sentiments. If I was younger and not consumed with my nursing career I may have had that fire in my belly!
What my point is that people who hold very strong views need to do more than preach to the already converted they need to take the fight out of cyberspace and into reality.
Last season was one of the worst seasons I have seen in my 62 years supporting the club and the first in a 20 years I did not have a season ticket as I hate tv football in empty grounds! My big hope was that investment from the Rawlins family would help revive our fortunes. Not A good start it seems but we are still to see their vision.
The Crunchie snub is awful but as I said we should all get rid of the name South Stand and all refer to it as the Crunchie Stand. There was a pub in Bainsford that was called the Crossroads Inn I think but locally it was the Big Bar. When it was demolished it was called the Big Bar! Word of mouth works

2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

You are totally entitled to your views and i agree with the sentiments. If I was younger and not consumed with my nursing career I may have had that fire in my belly!
What my point is that people who hold very strong views need to do more than preach to the already converted they need to take the fight out of cyberspace and into reality.
Last season was one of the worst seasons I have seen in my 62 years supporting the club and the first in a 20 years I did not have a season ticket as I hate tv football in empty grounds! My big hope was that investment from the Rawlins family would help revive our fortunes. Not A good start it seems but we are still to see their vision.
The Crunching snub is awful but as I said we should all get rid of the name South Stand and all refer to it as the Crunchie Stand. There was a pub in Bainsford that was called the Crossroads Inn I think but locally it was the Big Bar. When it was demolished it was called the Big Bar! Word of mouth works

I know what you’re saying but unfortunately I’m not a campaigner. I’m not asking people to take action either, I’m taking my own and just want to point out my grievances. Hopefully  some take notice. Just never felt so detached from the club. 

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

The Crunchie snub is awful but as I said we should all get rid of the name South Stand and all refer to it as the Crunchie Stand. There was a pub in Bainsford that was called the Crossroads Inn I think but locally it was the Big Bar. When it was demolished it was called the Big Bar! Word of mouth works

I admire your fight but unfortunately we live in a different age and there is little appetite amongst the majority of fans for active protest, just look at the mind numbing COYB pish on the Facebook pages.

Apathy not passion is the sad reality, these sheep have the club that they deserve.

4 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I might be relatively new on here , but I posted thousands of times on One F.  When One F went down I never bothered with this.

However, to answer your post....I’m on the same page as many others on here, but certainly not on the page of those who are sycophantic to this Board. 

I might be relatively new on here , but I posted thousands of times on One F.  When One F went down I never bothered with this.
However, to answer your post....I’m on the same page as many others on here, but certainly not on the page of those who are sycophantic to this Board. 
That's exactly what I am saying. A lot of ill feeling by a lot of people. Reggie Perrin is very right. These days have changed activists into keyboard warriors who think an online petition is a big thing! Same in nursing where people accepted a little rise but online complain like feck. Oh how capitalism and technology has changed the world lol

The revolution is postponed on Saturday because the masked dancer is on. That's where society is going lol. RANT OVER

5 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:
6 hours ago, Zbairn said:

That's exactly what I am saying. A lot of ill feeling by a lot of people. Reggie Perrin is very right. These days have changed activists into keyboard warriors who think an online petition is a big thing! Same in nursing where people accepted a little rise but online complain like feck. Oh how capitalism and technology has changed the world lol

Society has changed but I don’t think we can compare any grievances with the board to miners strikes etc. The first thing for a protest to work would be to have the will of the people to take action. That’s not present as far as I can see. There’s also the pandemic which would make organising a protest somewhat irresponsible right now. A lot may be pissed off but they just want to go to the football. Too many things for them to be pissed off about in life. 

If I can ask did you organise any of these strikes you attended though?

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Got to admit I’m quite liking the sound of Sheerin and Grainger so far, it seems like a far cry from the ‘n stuff like that’ pish we had to put up with last season!