Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Probably at home up there especially at 32 so we most likely never had a chance with that one. Dapo Mebude or Ruari Paton is a more reasonable prospect. We have the big target man who can hold the ball in Dowds, we have the penalty box poacher in Keena. We need someone who's going to provide something different, someone who'll run the channels and create aswell as score a fair few himself. 

Personally I’d be looking to move Dowds on if he’s still under contract. He did very little last season to show he’s good enough for full time football.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It would be a massive gamble relying on someone who hasnt had much of a career really so far having played less than 50 first team games in the last 4 years and hit one goal last season  though. We need two decent strikers in for the coming season as dowds doesn't look like a 15 to 20 goals a season man.  Sheerin/Holt/Rawlins need to unearth a couple of good ones or we'll struggle again.

Back to this old shite. Are decent strikers who are guaranteed to get you 15-20 goals out there looking for clubs? In case you’re not sure, the answer is no. We are a league 1 team so we will be signing strikers with potential and hoping they kick on

4 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Personally I’d be looking to move Dowds on if he’s still under contract. He did very little last season to show he’s good enough for full time football.

Agreed he looked every bit a lower league player. I'm not convinced by him at all, he's still young enough obviously, if we do keep him he needs to improve massively this season but as been mentioned he isn't going to score a lot.  Big question mark over Keena too but more so can he keep fit. He showed in fleeting glimpses he can finish. But I certainly wouldn't be relying on either of them 

13 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Back to this old shite. Are decent strikers who are guaranteed to get you 15-20 goals out there looking for clubs? In case you’re not sure, the answer is no. We are a league 1 team so we will be signing strikers with potential and hoping they kick on

Like Aidan Keena and Anton Dowds, you mean? That worked out well for us, didn't it?

Although I am a bit of a hypocrite, I'd like us to sign Ruari Paton together with an older, experienced striker.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If Colin's running this that means his beloved Hibs obviously aren't playing that night.

What a pile of crud  though. It's obvious they do not want it to be any sort of debate but simply an enforcing of the party line where they can say whatever they want without being questioned upon it by those that can actually corroborate their answers or not. Complete farce.

You really are talking out your arse. Colin went to see hibs as a young boy (to annoy his dad) , over 20 years ago furfucksake.  

Information required from club historians.

Just heard that Derek Haston has died - approx. 60.

Am I  correct in saying that he was a fringe player with us. Left back, I think?

Edited by Dawson Park Boy
Spelling

8 minutes ago, Rocco said:

The season before last we signed David McMillan and Declan McManus. Sure McMillan didn’t work out perfectly for us, but he’d scored goals everywhere he’d been before us. McManus was superb. To suggest all we can do is fish around in League 2 for a 19 year old is wrong imo 

6 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Information required from club historians.

Just heard that Derek Haston has died - approx. 60.

Am I  correct in saying that he was a fringe player with us. Left back, I think?

He played for us once only 1978-79 in the Stirlingshire Cup.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

5 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

He played for us once only 1978-79 in the Stirlingshire Cup.

Thanks for that.

Certainly  recall seeing him in the reserves.

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If Colin's running this that means his beloved Hibs obviously aren't playing that night.

What a pile of crud  though. It's obvious they do not want it to be any sort of debate but simply an enforcing of the party line where they can say whatever they want without being questioned upon it by those that can actually corroborate their answers or not. Complete farce.

Colin McFarlane was an uppity, cheeky little shite when he was around 12 years old. He is the son of a very good friend of mine (who many people on this board will know) who I had being going to Brockville with since the mid 70s. Colin used to give his dad a hard time at the game with his petulance and, again at around 12, he decided he was going to support Hibs, simply to annoy his faither. He bought a scarf and everything!! :o

After about a season or so he came back and, as far as I'm aware (and I would have heard otherwise if this was any different) he has supported Falkirk ever since. Has he been to a Hibs match since? No idea, but it's entirely possible as I think he worked in Edinburgh so may know some Hibs fans?

I went to a Stenhousemuir v Forfar match a couple of seasons ago and I also went to a Celtic v St Mirren game in 19 canteen with my pals from the pub. Again - :o.

Everyone knows you like to moan Shadwell but you've taken it up a notch in the past few weeks because you now seem to be 'ITK'. Somebody's feeding you information (which may indeed be correct?) but you're swallowing and regurgitating it with gusto!

I understand your motives in trying to get the Rawlins and BOD out and the fans group in but you (and some others) are going about it the wrong way. Your tone is far too aggressive and abusive. If we're going to be successful in getting a fans buy-in we need to engage with the BOD and Rawlins rather than argue with them. Don't you agree?

24 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

The season before last we signed David McMillan and Declan McManus. Sure McMillan didn’t work out perfectly for us, but he’d scored goals everywhere he’d been before us. McManus was superb. To suggest all we can do is fish around in League 2 for a 19 year old is wrong imo 

Okay that is a valid point. The point I was making is a consistent striker scoring 15-20 goals a season isn’t going to come to us. Yes McManus had a good record in League 1, however, his two seasons in the Championship weren’t great goal scoring records. McMillan didn’t have a great record in Scotland, hence why he ended up on loan to a league 1 club. 

28 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

You really are talking out your arse. Colin went to see hibs as a young boy (to annoy his dad) , over 20 years ago furfucksake.  

Aye we all do that kind of thing. I think I'll go and watch Ayr United to piss mine off this season.😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Rocco said:

Okay that is a valid point. The point I was making is a consistent striker scoring 15-20 goals a season isn’t going to come to us. Yes McManus had a good record in League 1, however, his two seasons in the Championship weren’t great goal scoring records. McMillan didn’t have a great record in Scotland, hence why he ended up on loan to a league 1 club. 

Surely this is why we brought the Rawlins on board. So we're not.just fishing in the same small pond looking for players. Deans highlighted his contacts and connections as being invaluable so when are we actually going to see them in action?

41 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Agreed he looked every bit a lower league player. I'm not convinced by him at all, he's still young enough obviously, if we do keep him he needs to improve massively this season but as been mentioned he isn't going to score a lot.  Big question mark over Keena too but more so can he keep fit. He showed in fleeting glimpses he can finish. But I certainly wouldn't be relying on either of them 

Dowds is 25 this year, he's past the still developing stage imo. 

Is it right that the club are asking fans for full payment of car parking fees without any idea of how many games you'll get to see?😂😂

1 minute ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Dowds is 25 this year, he's past the still developing stage imo. 

Yeah he's a squad player inmho. Can create hold the ball up but not going to get you a pile of goals.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yeah he's a squad player inmho. Can create hold the ball up but not going to get you a pile of goals.

Judging by those pre season photos just released he looks like he needs a fitness programme too. Not judging too much as looks can be deceiving - he may be one of fittest in the squad, who knows 

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Is it right that the club are asking fans for full payment of car parking fees without any idea of how many games you'll get to see?😂😂

Yes- just had letter and form.

9 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Judging by those pre season photos just released he looks like he needs a fitness programme too. Not judging too much as looks can be deceiving - he may be one of fittest in the squad, who knows 

To be fair he’s a stalky lad so I would judge him on his shape. I did notice that he is wearing number 19 in the photos so I scan only assume 10 has been given to someone else.