The Falkirk FC Thread

We're offering out two year deals like it's a tesco meal deal. Now I hope to god we're all wrong and Sheerin has identified him as a player that will suit the football he wants to play but by god on the face of it it's an absolute honking signing. Dumbarton fans weren't even bothered about him going.

Fuxxake.

Sheerin is either a moron, Holt's puppet or incompetent. Or he is delusional and thinks he can get this team of dross to play.

We are F*cked with a capital F.

1500 season ticket holders.

4 NEW Corelle COBALT NAVY BLUE 11-oz MUGS Stonewre Cups LIA, CAFE, TRU –  Tarlton Place

If he’s playing a 4-3-3 I reckon that’s probably it striker wise or maybe one young loan if he can get it done, but I doubt he’ll sign 4 permanent strikers if he sticks to 1 upfront. 

Time for one of them to step up and make a name for themselves then eh. 

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

We're offering out two year deals like it's a tesco meal deal. Now I hope to god we're all wrong and Sheerin has identified him as a player that will suit the football he wants to play but by god on the face of it it's an absolute honking signing. Dumbarton fans weren't even bothered about him going.

The posters on their thread who clearly know a bit about football basically choked with laughter at the thought of him going full time/being good enough for promotion challenging team. Get holt to f**k!!

Guest Caractacus Potts
39 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

1500 at this point is surprisingly high.

2 years ago we sold approx 2500 in total, that was before the global pandemic and last season's utter disaster on the park.

Do free season tickets for U12s count? 

His wages for the year will be about 100 of those 1,500 season tickets.

I know nothing about the lad and hope he does well, but was hoping for a more proven name or an exciting youngster. On paper it's an atrocious signing.

I’ll be honest when I heard Jamie Wilson had turned down a deal with ourselves for a trial at Falkirk I was astounded, mostly because I didn’t expect him to win a full-time deal anywhere. There was no doubt in my mind he’d come to regret turning that deal down so fair play to him for proving me wrong.

He’s a guy who always gives 100% but I felt that for large parts of last season he looked like a guy who was out his depth. I only really wanted to keep him around as backup and wasn’t too disappointed to see him leave. 

In his defence he was playing as a striker in a Jim Duffy team that I would consider one of the most depressing Dumbarton teams to watch in my lifetime. I hope he does you a turn.

7 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

If he’s playing a 4-3-3 I reckon that’s probably it striker wise or maybe one young loan if he can get it done, but I doubt he’ll sign 4 permanent strikers if he sticks to 1 upfront. 

Time for one of them to step up and make a name for themselves then eh. 

The fact that Keena has been punted to number 17 and we’ve not got a 9 yet seems like there is still a striker to come in.

Probably that other jobber that was on trial though tbh.

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

The fact that Keena has been punted to number 17 and we’ve not got a 9 yet seems like there is still a striker to come in.

Probably that other jobber that was on trial though tbh.

I think Wilson just likes the number 14 so I wouldn't count your chickens. I reckon we'll get one more in but it'll be Ruth on loan.

Edited by FFC 1876