Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

This morning was testing of players by 3 or 4 Napier Uni staff. I don't know the specifics of the tests but from what I saw it looked a bit more specialized than normal. I'm guessing an ordinary football club wouldn't have the equipment or expertise to do that. 

☝️Equipment = Pencils & paper.☝️

Staff there to help them fill in forms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

 

 

Happy enough with that, Sheerin maybe didn't have a goalkeeping coach in mind so has had to go with Holt's lacky. Grainger can point out all the hidden gems from down south and teach Keena how to take a penalty.

Edited by FFC 1876

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caig is meant to be a really good GK coach.  Can't mind who i saw talking about him but he was highly thought of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheScarf said:

Caig is meant to be a really good GK coach.  Can't mind who i saw talking about him but he was highly thought of.

Was it Gary Holt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

We are already committed to providing Paul Sheerin with a playing squad budget that we believe is the largest in the league and have recently restarted our youth development programme. If we reduce season ticket prices or offer cash refunds, we are simply reducing the amount of money that we can spend and will then be forced to make very difficult decisions about the playing squad and youth development, something no one wants us to do.

Who thought that paragraph was a good idea, offer refunds or offer what you're going to offer then leave it be. Don't start guilt tripping or threatening your own support. They also need to cut the pish about the 'largest' in the league we're well aware we're the biggest fish here so stop telling us it and focus on getting us out this tiny fishbowl.

What about not investing in the YP until they were back in the Championship? What about not employing a DOF who is signing players who we all could have identified. There is well over 100k saved 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Looks a good team.

Maybe time for a little positivity ?

I really hate to agree with you on anything, but I have to this time.  Sick and tired of all this conflict and moaning.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Caig is meant to be a really good GK coach.  Can't mind who i saw talking about him but he was highly thought of.

Aye, he'll not do though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Looks a good team.

Maybe time for a little positivity ?

Happy with Grainger coming in but not being fooled by the deployment of cheap PR tactics to bury the statement about refunds. Could’ve announced Danny Grainger days ago, could’ve offered refunds days ago. If we had decent, honest people on the board the offer of a refund would have been done immediately and in good spirits. It would have resulted in little uptake of the offer too but they decided to go with a statement to pressure fans and then wait till they had a lot of other news to bury it under. 
 

I suspect this post won’t go down well with the regular fans of the board but need to open your eyes as to what they’re doing. Their actions are despicable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Too late really to add anything really that hasn't been said already, other than that statement is reminiscent of ones i've seen from HR types of employers who are looking to issue veiled threats to their workforce. A statement drafted, approved and issued by people quite obviously have sheer disdain for the target audience of said statement. Ruggy said it the other night about the chasm between the club and the fans. They are so far up their own arses man. Imagine running the rule over that statement and going "yeah put that out, thats going to help us in our oft stated goal of moving forward together with the fanbase"

The occams razor of the whole situation, is that they have no respect or regard whatsoever, for the fans of this club. 

It actually seems right from the Union busting handbook. Present enough bullshit in a pile that people can pick and choose some bits to cling to and start arguments over within the organizing group. Double down on the most effective (read as divisive) issues from previous statements and keep pumping out statements that cause divisions among your opponents.

Mention of the £75k makes some complain about the knocked back £600k…

Mention of refunds weakening the team makes some try to guilt others into not applying…

Mention of the “biggest budget” makes some try to guilt others into buying ST to support “our team”…

Etc….classic divide and conquer tactics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I really hate to agree with you on anything, but I have to this time.  Sick and tired of all this conflict and moaning.

This season no different to any other. It won't matter a feck if we go up to cove and get pumped first game of the season. Positivity will follow positive results. We've had the bod telling us how great everything is for the last two summers and yet we're still stuck in this bloody seaside league.  Signings and management are of a mibbae aye mibbaes naw standard. We're far from a shoe in for the league but that may change if better quality is to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I really hate to agree with you on anything, but I have to this time.  Sick and tired of all this conflict and moaning.

Sorry about that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Caractacus Potts said:

Happy with Grainger coming in but not being fooled by the deployment of cheap PR tactics to bury the statement about refunds. Could’ve announced Danny Grainger days ago, could’ve offered refunds days ago. If we had decent, honest people on the board the offer of a refund would have been done immediately and in good spirits. It would have resulted in little uptake of the offer too but they decided to go with a statement to pressure fans and then wait till they had a lot of other news to bury it under. 
 

I suspect this post won’t go down well with the regular fans of the board but need to open your eyes as to what they’re doing. Their actions are despicable. 

I'm not at all a fan of the board.  I feel when we are at an historic low, or near to it, this is the time to get behind the TEAM.  All hands to the pump time.  The club needs support from us not pushing down further. I hope that whoever has the power to sort out the board shenanigans will do so.  I don't have any influence on that.  So the only thing I can do to help the TEAM is buying my season ticket this morning so they have a few more quid to buy players so we can be a little bit better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Great so basically we've got a rookie with no previous experience running the ship. What could go wrong?

Best available data shows her participating in the  Sports consulting firm (Sleeping Giant Consulting) she and Phil co-founded after leaving Orlando for Colorado, where Phil expressed a desire to simply be a “ski bum”, in 2017. She’s also on the Homeowners Association Board in her neighborhood in Steamboat Springs, for what that’s worth.

 

Edit: P.S. Published numbers from mid-2020 on the proposed investment in FFC were £250,000. Did anyone ever confirm the £330,000 number that gets bandied about? I ask because $330,000 is roughly £250,000 at a 1.32 exchange rate.

Edited by TxRover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I'm not at all a fan of the board.  I feel when we are at an historic low, or near to it, this is the time to get behind the TEAM.  All hands to the pump time.  The club needs support from us not pushing down further. I hope that whoever has the power to sort out the board shenanigans will do so.  I don't have any influence on that.  So the only thing I can do to help the TEAM is buying my season ticket this morning so they have a few more quid to buy players so we can be a little bit better.

I totally understand your sentiment but to me the club relies on that and with it is the power to keep them in a position to continually mess fans around. I’ve tried to do what you describe, season after season, but for all that’s happened and the stuff that’s being described on here then enough is enough for me. Hope you understand that too and I genuinely do apologise for my negativity. I just feel completely disenfranchised with the club at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

What about not investing in the YP until they were back in the Championship? What about not employing a DOF who is signing players who we all could have identified. There is well over 100k saved 

This for me is a perfect example of what proudtobeabairn was saying earlier.

Fans have complained about the academy being scrapped ever since it happened and rightly wanted a youth development program reintroduced.

Yet now that the bod and Rawlins have done exactly that it’s suddenly a waste of money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Caractacus Potts said:

I totally understand your sentiment but to me the club relies on that and with it is the power to keep them in a position to continually mess fans around. I’ve tried to do what you describe, season after season, but for all that’s happened and the stuff that’s being described on here then enough is enough for me. Hope you understand that too and I genuinely do apologise for my negativity. I just feel completely disenfranchised with the club at the moment. 

I do understand your stance completely.  Personally, I have been a glass half empty person for years.  I'm trying to be more positive.  I have significant health problems with not a lot to look forward to.  I don't want to spend whatever time I have left feeling angry and regretful.  I can't work anymore so following Falkirk has taken an even great part of my life than normal.  I just want the team to do well and I couldn't give a monkey's for the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Happy enough with that, Sheerin maybe didn't have a goalkeeping coach in mind so has had to go with Holt's lacky. Grainger can point out all the hidden gems from down south and teach Keena how to take a penalty.

It was strange our GK coach left same time as M&M but adds up now.

Is there a slogan for this years challenge ?

Our time etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I do understand your stance completely.  Personally, I have been a glass half empty person for years.  I'm trying to be more positive.  I have significant health problems with not a lot to look forward to.  I don't want to spend whatever time I have left feeling angry and regretful.  I can't work anymore so following Falkirk has taken an even great part of my life than normal.  I just want the team to do well and I couldn't give a monkey's for the board.

No qualms with that LSB. I wish I could shift my negative feeling towards the club but I think big change will require that. Wouldn’t even worry as much about results if I felt we had a good board in place that was doing the right things as you can’t always guarantee that it will be right on the park. 
 

Anyway sorry to hear about your health. Please don’t let my gripes or anyone else’s get you down and fingers crossed your positivity is rewarded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...