The Falkirk FC Thread

16 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

There seems to be a huge mismatch between the improvement that’s taking place off the pitch and the quality that’s coming into the playing squad. 

That needs to be taken further. There is absolutely zero improvement off the pitch. How can there be? The only true measure of an improvement off the pitch is by there being an objective improvement on the pitch. That’s the entire reason for an off the pitch structure to exist. Can anyone honestly look at our squad, and say “wow, our new infrastructure has improved the squad”?
No it can’t, and once again we are beating a retreat to there being jam tomorrow. If you think there are improvements off the pitch but no improvements on it, then the tail is wagging the dog. The off the field infrastructure has gotten bigger and significantly more expensive whereas the on field infrastructure has gotten smaller and cheaper. That’s the reality.

If we don't go up and looking at the current squad it's highly unlikely unless they add 6 top quality signings in the next week or so can Falkirk fans really have any complaints. How many years have we all blindly given them money with f**k all in return apart from bullshit and pish signings. Why should this season be any different.

You can have great comms, a fantastic merchandise setup online or at the shop, great hospitality on offer but at the end of the day it doesn't matter a feck if you've got a team full of dross.  If this season is another stinker they better not come out with any rubbish about getting the infrastructure sorted out first .

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You can have great comms, a fantastic merchandise setup online or at the shop, great hospitality on offer but at the end of the day it doesn't matter a feck if you've got a team full of dross.  If this season is another stinker they better not come out with any rubbish about getting the infrastructure sorted out first .

Exactly, its like the tail wagging the dog. The clue is in the name Football Club and if we play poor football the rest doesn't matter one bit.

8 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

I genuinely think this is a cost saving measure. Get somebody in a week before the season starts to fill the space. We seem to have done that for a few years now.

I imagine it will be whoever gets the nod for the development team will be our back up keeper.

Holt will bring his son back in to sit on the bench and pay him 50k a season as well. Holt is killing FFC and needs to go.

35 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yip it’s a real worry as the playing squad so far looks poor when compared to the type of squad that would give us some optimism . I can’t see Rawlins getting the organization of the pitch sorted and not brining in more quality so  it’s all a bit confusing . Maybe in the next few days all will be revealed as it doesn’t make any sense. 
How do we know Holt is getting  50k because I heard from a very good source that when he joined us it was expenses only. ? 

Edited by Stainrod

2 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Yip it’s a real worry as the playing squad so far looks poor when compared to the type of squad that would give us some optimism . I can’t see Rawlins getting the organization of the pitch sorted and not brining in more quality so  it’s all a bit confusing . Maybe in the next few days all will be revealed as it doesn’t make any sense. 
How do we know Holt is getting  50k because I heard from a very good source that when he joined us it was expenses only. ? 

Where's the striker on loan from England with a good track record?

Halliday commentating on the way we played against Hearts the other day is good especially as he also played against us in preseason last year so hopefully he's noticed a big difference. Pointing out Sheerin seems to have got his way of playing across straight away was nice to hear. Then Holt bringing it back down to our level with 'we don't need to play all the time' bloody hoofball fanatic. 

16 players with your first competitive game in less than a week is very very worrying.

32 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Expenses only are you having a laugh?  You wouldn't get guys like Pressley applying if that was the case.  £45k a year is the supposed amount. More than he was getting to manage premier League livi.

56 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Expenses only are you having a laugh?  You wouldn't get guys like Pressley applying if that was the case.  £45k a year is the supposed amount. More than he was getting to manage premier League livi.

The expenses only was direct from the horses mouth - ! I guess he will be on a deal of some sort now but I wouldn’t give him 50k under any circumstances 

5 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

I loved the old goals as well, they were there on my first game in 62 right up to the time they decided stanchions had to go. Better view in this pic against Leeds.😉

Arthur Grant v Leeds.jpg

Aye Les mottram has a lot to answer for 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Halliday commentating on the way we played against Hearts the other day is good especially as he also played against us in preseason last year so hopefully he's noticed a big difference. Pointing out Sheerin seems to have got his way of playing across straight away was nice to hear. Then Holt bringing it back down to our level with 'we don't need to play all the time' bloody hoofball fanatic. 

16 players with your first competitive game in less than a week is very very worrying.

If we can't organise a friendly without cocking it up theres no chance of us getting some decent players in  by next week.

Sorry for the positivity here but to think a  Goalkeeper in the semis of the Euros used to be a Falkirk player  (albeit on loan but still a falkirk player none the less)

Edited by AL-FFC

It's just confirmed that we have a game against our Non Playing Staff on Saturday.

As we have a couple of injuries the NPS boys have kindly loaned us a few players so we can have subs.

Unfortunately they have Sammy McGivern so we will get stuffed.

Should be a cracker though, unless they call off at the last minute but that won't be Falkirk's fault.  

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Sorry for the positivity here but to think a  Goalkeeper in the semis of the Euros used to be a Falkirk player  (albeit on loan but still a falkirk player none the less)

He should've held that penalty.😂