The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Like us yesterday mate, totally agree. Hearts wanted revenge for a 6-0 trousering at Brockville in 93 and we treated it just as a friendly, hence the 4-0 score line. What are we like eh….

No matter how positive you are when you put lipstick on a pig it is still a pig. The very sight of Hall, Miller and Dowds anywhere near a Falkirk side should tell you we are not in great shape for the coming season 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Guest Peter LaFleur
13 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

The longer Robertson, Wilson etc are still with us the more chance of them getting a deal which is a terrifying thought. If that happens you'd have been aswell keeping dross like Sammon. I'm actually quite fearful for us. 

I don't think (or at least I hope) either will sign. Saying that, giving them game time now is a complete waste of time. If they wanted to "bulk" out the squad for friendlies I'd rather they chucked in some of the boys they're looking at for the development team to give them experience against a good side. We are still 6 signings off the finished article but it is vital that 3 of the 6 are viewed as starting 11 places throughout the spine of the side. 

Edited by Peter LaFleur

Yeah as sad as it sounds it's maybe just a case of keeping them along at the moment so we can actually field a team in the friendlies. Sheerin's had plenty time to have a proper look at them by now so hopefully they are offski or at least gone after the Arbroath game.

Still a hell of a lot to do on the recruitment front before the start of the season against Cove on the 31st of July which is in less than 4 weeks. A back up goalkeeper, a centre back to compete with Mckay & Dixon as Hall won't do, an energetic centre midfielder and two strikers with one presumably going to be Ruth from Aberdeen.

Guest Peter LaFleur
3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Still a hell of a lot to do on the recruitment front before the start of the season against Cove on the 31st of July which is in less than 4 weeks. A back up goalkeeper, a centre back to compete with Mckay & Dixon as Hall won't do, an energetic centre midfielder and two strikers with one presumably going to be Ruth from Aberdeen.

My thoughts exactly on what is required. Neilson as the centre back on loan would be ideal as he can cover RB and probably CM also.

18 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

My thoughts exactly on what is required. Neilson as the centre back on loan would be ideal as he can cover RB and probably CM also.

Holt would no doubt bring Fotheringham and McLelland back with him though.

These are the stats for our 2 signed strikers, along with a rumoured loan signing:

Played             Goals          Seasons

Aidan Keena              51                   15                4

Anton Dowds            56                   15                3

Michael Ruth             21                     1                3

If that indeed ends up being our strike force then the rest of the team had better be prepared to chip in with their fair share of goals.

And that includes you, Robbie Mutch!

Guest Caractacus Potts
24 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Yeah as sad as it sounds it's maybe just a case of keeping them along at the moment so we can actually field a team in the friendlies. Sheerin's had plenty time to have a proper look at them by now so hopefully they are offski or at least gone after the Arbroath game.

I know you’re referencing the league but the season starts a week on Tuesday. 

Where are Holts 3 targets for every position as we were told had been identified as was mentioned on the website?

If they’re outwith our reach or nowhere near good enough then it’s just another piece of fluff added to an already questionable list of ‘achievements’. 

Rumours on here that were spot on previously  also seem to have ceased so not a good sign that any signings outside of those on trial are imminent. 

50 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

No chance neilson will be anywhere near us after last years shambles. United will want him to progress and not have his confidence screwed any further from playing with diddies like hall. 

32 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

These are the stats for our 2 signed strikers, along with a rumoured loan signing:

Played             Goals          Seasons

Aidan Keena              51                   15                4

Anton Dowds            56                   15                3

Michael Ruth             21                     1                3

If that indeed ends up being our strike force then the rest of the team had better be prepared to chip in with their fair share of goals.

And that includes you, Robbie Mutch!

That's woeful stuff. 

No chance neilson will be anywhere near us after last years shambles. United will want him to progress and not have his confidence screwed any further from playing with diddies like hall. 
Aren't United basically promoting half the youth team for this season? Can see him involved in the first team there.

I am going to wait until I see us against Arbroath on Wednesday before commenting on the team.

All we’ve seen of the Hearts game were short clips of the goals, where admittedly our defending was terrible, but it’s not fair to judge purely on that.

I would imagine Sheerin will be looking for a decent display on Wednesday against a side closer to our level knowing that a large number of our fans will be watching.

46 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Aren't United basically promoting half the youth team for this season? Can see him involved in the first team there.

Dundee United have been claiming that for years, and used it as an excuse to hire their youth coach rather than an actual manager.

Their first signing was a 40yo Charlie Mulgrew, so you can imagine how it's actually going to go.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

No matter how positive you are when you put lipstick on a pig it is still a pig. The very sight of Hall, Miller and Dowds anywhere near a Falkirk side should tell you we are not in great shape for the coming season 

My sarcastic point was aimed at him rather than bigging up our 4-0 loss. Don’t disagree with any of the 3 you mentioned, could add a couple of names onto that list too tbh. 

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Glass’ comments recently regarding their options up top seems like unless they get another striker in Ruth won’t be coming to us.