The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

If Sheerin is looking to play a midfield 3 we still need more quality in there. I wouldn’t want Miller and Ross starting for us.

Apart from the obvious striker, another centre half wouldn’t go amiss either.

Totally agree. Hetherington seems to have been signed to do the untidy stuff. We have no-one currently who could be considered more of a conventional number 8 type central midfielder. Miller is completely done, as evidenced by his performance in the first away game at Firhill at the back end of October, when Partick midfielders were literally jogging away from him, he genuinely looked like he was moving in slow motion that day. He never improved after that. He simply has not got the mobility any more. Ross played 150 minutes of league football for Cove Rangers last season, and his impact was such that the Cove fan who posts on here now and again appeared to have forgotten he even existed. I genuinely assumed that he had just been signed as back-up, and never countenanced that someone of that background was being looked at as a first choice. Telfer is more effective 30 yards further forward as more of a 10.

Our striking options are pretty much non-existent at the moment, but the central midfield does not really look much more appetising as it stands. Massive upgrade needed in that area.

40 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I’d presume the 5 year plan is to get to the premiership top 6…

I can say that too. In fact I will go further I think the plan should be getting to Europe by then. 
If this exists share it and then everyone can measure progress against it. 
Saying it is really easy. It is aspirational. A plan needs to be written down and measured. 

27 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Are they going to be showing the Arbroath game live on youtube? As they said it would be on Falkirk TV for all Falkirk supporters but haven't actually been clear on what that means.

Free to air 

We are delighted to announce that our fixture against Arbroath will be streamed live on Falkirk TV for all supporters. Join the Falkirk TV team at 7.30pm to get a first look at The Bairns ahead of the new campaign!

57 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

If this is true the people running the club have literally taken us to the lowest ebe we have ever been. By far and away the biggest club in the league, biggest support, either the 1st or 2nd largest playing budget and one of only two full time clubs in the division yet our fans are accepting us NOT being able to challenge for the league. If we’re at that point I genuinely wish I hadn’t renewed my season ticket now. 

I don't think any fans would be accepting it if we aren't challenging for the title.  

1 minute ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I don't think any fans would be accepting it if we aren't challenging for the title.  

Without more quality I key areas we won’t be

51 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Totally agree. Hetherington seems to have been signed to do the untidy stuff. We have no-one currently who could be considered more of a conventional number 8 type central midfielder. Miller is completely done, as evidenced by his performance in the first away game at Firhill at the back end of October, when Partick midfielders were literally jogging away from him, he genuinely looked like he was moving in slow motion that day. He never improved after that. He simply has not got the mobility any more. Ross played 150 minutes of league football for Cove Rangers last season, and his impact was such that the Cove fan who posts on here now and again appeared to have forgotten he even existed. I genuinely assumed that he had just been signed as back-up, and never countenanced that someone of that background was being looked at as a first choice. Telfer is more effective 30 yards further forward as more of a 10.

Our striking options are pretty much non-existent at the moment, but the central midfield does not really look much more appetising as it stands. Massive upgrade needed in that area.

I would be surprised if Sheerin believes Seb will be a regular starter. I also expect him to be a backup who might get some substitute appearances. Hetherington, Telfer, Morrison, McGuffie, Nesbit surely would be ahead of him on the pecking list. Interested to see how McGuffie and Nesbit get on being new signings and coming down a league. I rate Morrison fairly highly, think he'd shine a bit more if he had a quality striker to link with

Any more potential signings on the cards for the Bairns? Was Ruth linked? 

Edited by CoveRangers1922