The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Not going for Hamilton blows my mind. Lee Miller literally knew him through Livi but chose to sign Francis.

By the time he signed Francis, M&M had pretty much boxed themselves into a corner. Their collective heads had gone before the Airdrie game that signalled things were not going well. The last post match McCracken interview…..it’s linked on here somewhere…..just look at his eyes. His entire football management career was dead in the water probably a year before he would even have chosen to start it.

Dowds on at HT for the hopeless Jamie Wilson.

Morrison good. Not too much in it despite score 

Edited by Back Post Misses

10 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Not going for Hamilton blows my mind. Lee Miller literally knew him through Livi but chose to sign Francis.

That and Holt's incompetent pish about tiffoney were frankly ludicrous.   We certainly can't afford any more Francis's. There is no excuse for signing a player that bad when he's played so many games on trial for you. If we sign any of these trialists and they turn out dross then the management can get to feck.

Guest Peter LaFleur
5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Dowds on at HT for the hopeless Jamie Wilson.

Morrison good. Not too much in it despite score 

Hopefully seals Wilson being punted, nowhere near the standard.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Concerning that it's taken 3 games so far for them to realise that. 

That is a concern too. My hope we were doing these guys a favour by help getting them fit and in turn they help give us a full team to play with. My worry is that we are taking a serious look at them when their CV doesn’t stack up to being a standard of player we should consider. 

Like any job you have a look at the candidates  application before you invite them to an interview. If these guys are at interview stage, so to speak, then who else are we looking at? 

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Concerning that it's taken 3 games so far for them to realise that. 

Without the Trialists we’d only have 3 or 4 subs so makes sense to keep them in the building till after the Arbroath game. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Without the Trialists we’d only have 3 or 4 subs so makes sense to keep them in the building till after the Arbroath game. 

Agreed but first competitive game is a week on Tuesday. Surely there are more viable targets in mind or a few wildcards from afar that could come on trial? 

1 minute ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Agreed but first competitive game is a week on Tuesday. Surely there are more viable targets in mind or a few wildcards from afar that could come on trial? 

Hoping we have someone lined up but that’s just me being optimistic 😂

8 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

So we then treat it like Houston did, go in all guns blazing, steamroll the group, giving delusions of grandeur beating other teams who don't give a f**k, think we are the finished product, play our first league game, get totally found out and then spend the next 4 seasons trying to recreate the heady heights and buzz of those league Cup group stage performances?  The whole set up is shite and should completely be used as friendlies for our level, or 'competetive' fixtures that we are happy to try new things given the fact we have to play them a month before the season even begins. 

So you are saying we shouldn't get our hopes up in a competitive game because we might not perform well in the other competitive games.

I'm either being wooshed or that is the most batshit mental thing I've ever read on this thread.

Its the 2nd biggest cup competition we play in and one we've never won. To say its just friendlies is fucking crazy. 

12 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

So you are saying we shouldn't get our hopes up in a competitive game because we might not perform well in the other competitive games.

I'm either being wooshed or that is the most batshit mental thing I've ever read on this thread.

Its the 2nd biggest cup competition we play in and one we've never won. To say its just friendlies is fucking crazy. 

I think there was some tacit acceptance the squad will not be fully in place by the time the league cup games start in that Q&A was there not? Or maybe the Sheerin interview?