The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Getting out the league depends on getting the team on the park right. That comes form competitive matches with motivated players on the pitch.

The league cup is a good opportunity to do just that.

Anything less is taking the piss of the fans that have paid to watch the game.

I thought the game was free entry if you had a season ticket? 

Guest Caractacus Potts
5 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Looks like we're keeping team news secret again, club didn't announce anything about the Stirling Uni game either.

The new dawn of transparency and communication hasn’t lasted long! 

Guest Caractacus Potts
Just now, Back Post Misses said:

1-0 down after two minutes 

Again doesn’t matter the score as don’t really judge friendlies however will judge them on the League Cup games and certainly judge them on the lack of communication. Live commentary on the Hearts Twitter feed and absolutely no mention on our SM. That’s totally amateurish. 

Guest Peter LaFleur
6 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Again doesn’t matter the score as don’t really judge friendlies however will judge them on the League Cup games and certainly judge them on the lack of communication. Live commentary on the Hearts Twitter feed and absolutely no mention on our SM. That’s totally amateurish. 

Agreed. Not that this in particular bothers me with it being a bounce game but the SM in general has went down hill since Connor Park left. The sound on the interview with Sheerin yesterday was a shambles.

8 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Agreed. Not that this in particular bothers me with it being a bounce game but the SM in general has went down hill since Connor Park left. The sound on the interview with Sheerin yesterday was a shambles.

Maybe trying to drown out him saying he's treating the cup games as preseason. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
6 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

To me these are the things you judge stuff on. Big picture stuff is all well and good but you start with the day to day stuff and to me that’s been just as poor as ever, potentially worse, since the Rawlins came in. SM is so important to clubs these days too in communicating with fans. 

Still want to hear more detail about their scouting networks, new wage structures and the other things mentioned.

14 hours ago, AGPar said:

He signed for Arbroath on the 29th January, two and half weeks after League 1 was shut down and long before any restart had been agreed. He originally signed for EF on a season long loan in September and would have seen out the season there had it not been for the interruption. Never the slightest chance that we would have been signing him at any point. He was basically their replacement for Dowds. Hard to work out who got the better of these transactions. Livingston did, however, have within their ranks another attacking player available for loan, one capable of pretty much carrying a team to the title with his goals and assists. But how were we to know that? Not as if two our our management team hadn't been working  with him on a daily basis not too long ago. Just a naïve, inexperienced young kid anyway according to our Sporting Director. And he knows best. 

Hamilton scored goals for fun for both east Fife and Arbroath.   15 in 23 appearances for the season.  We had akeel Francis though😂😂. I very much doubt we'd have been interested. He probably didn't match our player profile or some crap excuse like that.

5 hours ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

The thing about a proven goalscorer is that they once had no goals to their name. A proven goalscorer costs money. A talented forward at the start of their career does not. Think Daryll Duffy.

Even he had scored 4 in 8 whilst on loan at a mediocre brechin side which at least showed he had talent. The guys we seem to be looking at have records like no goals in 18 games for Arbroath or 3 in a season at Dumbarton. 

Guest Peter LaFleur
10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Hamilton scored goals for fun for both east Fife and Arbroath.   15 in 23 appearances for the season.  We had akeel Francis though😂😂. I very much doubt we'd have been interested. He probably didn't match our player profile or some crap excuse like that.

Not going for Hamilton still blows my mind. Lee Miller literally knew him personally through Livi but chose to sign Francis.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

I think the main split  at the moment among fans is between those who get excited every year at this time no matter how shite we've been and those being a bit more realistic and thinking we'll we've been shit for the last 4 seasons on the trot so why should  I get my  hopes up only to be dashed again. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised if things go well than let down for the 5th season in a row.