The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Peter LaFleur
25 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

What the garbage bit or September fitness? 

Have you never been a fan or is it since seeing him in the navy blue? I’m hoping with the right service he will come good. I’m not saying I’d want him as our main striker by any stretch either.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

40 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

'Scene'. Guess who Ross played for before he joined Cove?

Feckin auto correct. He never played a single first team game for Aberdeen so sheerin won't have seen him play anything other than youth games.  If we're scouting him properly in first team games then it must've been at cove. Although according to cove fans he never kicked a ball for them  the few times he got picked.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Feckin auto correct. He never played a single first team game for Aberdeen so sheerin won't have seen him play anything other than youth games.  If we're scouting him properly in first team games then it must've been at cove. Although according to cove fans he never kicked a ball for them  the few times he got picked.

Sheerin was youth coach so will know all about him. I can only assume that he feels that he'll be able to develop the guy further.

8 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

It's more that my wife is vulnerable. COPD means she only has 20% lung function so I can't take risks. If group events are spreading the virus, it's not a good idea to be there for me. 

I’m sorry to hear about your wife, my mum died of Pneumonia due to COPD making it worse than what it would be for me and you so I know why you’d not take risks. 

I think sitting outside and at our stadium you would be able to sit far enough away from people to be safe.

Did they not have an indoor test event (DJ concert I think) I Liverpool with thousands and not one person tested positive after it? Sure in read/heard that. 

Edited by Tea and Busquets

5 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

What’s the difference between a Chief Executive and General Manager? Phil said General Manager in the Q and A.

On another note it’s great to see Sammy back at the club. Hope he doesn’t get messed around. 

Sammy is a decent bloke he's also not daft. He'll hear things in and around the club, if the alarm bells start ringing he'll be offski. Wish him all the luck in his new role, he'll need it working with our board. He at least made the co commentary on the games last season a lot more enthusiastic than Joe McLaughlin who you'd thought had just had a bereavement listening to him. Dull as dishwater. 

2 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:
2 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:
Did they not have an indoor test event (DJ concert I think) I Liverpool with thousands and not one person tested positive after it? Sure I read/heard that. 

They all had to have a negative LFT to gain entry though so it was a safe test

That’s right, although them tests are only 60% effective so not 100% safe but I get your point. 

23 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Massive season for him he simply has to be a lot better, if he isn't you can see him being punted on loan in January. Keena is no use if he's going to be injured ala Connolly last season. He can finish he's showed in glimpses but we can't afford him sitting in the stand. Going to be a slog again I fear, with the same issues that never get addressed. And if the next four or five signings are just jersey filler trialists/or untested loan kids with little first team experience... I want Sheerin to succeed but he must see that this squad is nowhere near ready/good enough, if he listens to Holt he'd be aswell packing it in tomorrow. 

I’m backing Dowds to get double figs this  season - no rationale just a gut feeling .

4 hours ago, Stainrod said:

I’m backing Dowds to get double figs this  season - no rationale just a gut feeling .

That could be the only reason as he is garbage too, just like Keena