The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

I went to Hyde Park and Leicester Square but didn't get the virus. It's just your luck.

Everyone is aware of the risks at this point, if the situation with those at your work is making you consider not buying a season ticket then you shouldn't be considering it in the first place imo.

It's more that my wife is vulnerable. COPD means she only has 20% lung function so I can't take risks. If group events are spreading the virus, it's not a good idea to be there for me. 

5 minutes ago, cbhaf said:

It's surely 6 hours on a train or a bus, or 3 hours in a busy pub that has been the problem here. Not 90 minutes at an outdoor event. 

I'm not a Dr or a message board expert on airborne viruses so I don't know. Just saying the facts. 

10 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Sammy McGivern appointed as commercial exec.

Club statement:

"Following on from the appointments of Gary Holt as our Sporting Director and Sam McGivern as our new Commercial Executive, we can now confirm that our club mascot, Fergus the Fox, is being shown the door and will be replaced by our new mascot for next season, Captain Conker. C'mon you Bairns Killie!"

Meet Captain Conker, Killie's new official mascot | Kilmarnock FC

It's surely 6 hours on a train or a bus, or 3 hours in a busy pub that has been the problem here. Not 90 minutes at an outdoor event. 
It is. Outdoor transmission and transmission via surfaces are almost unknown. It is indoor groups gathering such as football parties watching TV and buses travelling to events that are the drivers. Most of the new cases are men under 40 with little or no symptoms. It will be the norm from now on if everybody does not get 2 jabs. The young people are the transmitters but people with underlying health conditions or people who declined vaccination for their own reasons are the ones suffering. Attendance at games if arranged responsibly will not be an issue. Hopefully because I need to get back into the ground to see us romp this league

To be quoted when we are officially dugshit

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I won’t judge till the season kicks off but fair to have reservations. Seemed to be one of a few of people I know that had reservations about Hartleys signings when looking at their background. Doesn’t mean to say the opposite can’t apply though, look at Farid and Taylor for instance. 

What I will say is we don’t seem to be doing anything out of the ordinary with regards to player recruitment.  

Just seen the list of things produced on the website. If Holt has identified 3 players for every position then presumably that means these guys are within that target list, otherwise why are we not getting them in with just over 2 weeks till the start of the season! Unless one of those targets is Eduoard!

If its another flurry of signings a few days before kick off then its just stupid. Players competing in these practice games that are displaced by these signings will rightly be pissed off.

10 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

If its another flurry of signings a few days before kick off then its just stupid. Players competing in these practice games that are displaced by these signings will rightly be pissed off.

Yeah, we shouldn't have signed Declan McManus on the same day we played our second league cup tie because it must have pissed off Denny Johnstone. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Still feel it's feckin ridiculous that we'll be wasting more cash on a chief exec whilst languishing in the seaside leagues.  Can't wait to see whose replacing the previous two clowns that screwed up the club in that role.

What’s the difference between a Chief Executive and General Manager? Phil said General Manager in the Q and A.

On another note it’s great to see Sammy back at the club. Hope he doesn’t get messed around. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

7 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

What’s the difference between a Chief Executive and General Manager? Phil said General Manager in the Q and A.

On another note it’s great to see Sammy back at the club. Hope he doesn’t get messed around. 

God knows but our last two CEOs are two of the reasons why we're in this mess.

2 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

It is. Outdoor transmission and transmission via surfaces are almost unknown. It is indoor groups gathering such as football parties watching TV and buses travelling to events that are the drivers. Most of the new cases are men under 40 with little or no symptoms. It will be the norm from now on if everybody does not get 2 jabs. The young people are the transmitters but people with underlying health conditions or people who declined vaccination for their own reasons are the ones suffering. Attendance at games if arranged responsibly will not be an issue. Hopefully because I need to get back into the ground to see us romp this league

To be quoted when we are officially dugshit

HTF are folk expected to travel on a bus without a driver? Fuxake man!

Rules for rebuilding a team as applied by our US cousins.

1. Assess coaches and act accordingly. Tick.

2. Shed salary. Tick.

3. Trade / release high earners even if the return is poor and not for the long run. Tick.

4. Look to begin acquiring core players who are to be part of the squad for the longer term. Targets should be scouted extremely well. Tick.

5. Add a strong defensive presence. Teams that rely solely on offense do not win. Tick.

6. Be smart when signing frees. Look for value, not the best players which are expensive. Look to fill specific roles. Tick.

7. Contracts should be structured with the aim to reward late in the contract to intensity later performance during the contract. Tick.

8. Fill out the squad as needed. On-going.

From reading the list of achievements since the takeover, this is exactly the model being followed.  While there may be 'better'  frees available, they are expensive and do not give as good a return for your spending. Yes, we could have signed Vigurs and Draper like Ross County did but they offer less value that the likes of Ross et al. 

i also wonder how many clubs in our league are using scouting software to put metrics to potential signings? While most on here don't rate Seb Ross as a signing, clearly the numbers on him have suggested something.  He has also been watched at least 3 times so there is a human factor to Back up the metric. 

while not quite the Brentford model, we are Moneyball-ing our football now.

15 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

2. Shed salary. Tick.

3. Trade / release high earners even if the return is poor and not for the long run. Tick.

4. Look to begin acquiring core players who are to be part of the squad for the longer term. Targets should be scouted extremely well. Tick.

5. Add a strong defensive presence. Teams that rely solely on offense do not win. Tick.

6. Be smart when signing frees. Look for value, not the best players which are expensive. Look to fill specific roles. Tick.

7. Contracts should be structured with the aim to reward late in the contract to intensity later performance during the contract. Tick.

From reading the list of achievements since the takeover, this is exactly the model being followed.  While there may be 'better'  frees available, they are expensive and do not give as good a return for your spending. Yes, we could have signed Vigurs and Draper like Ross County did but they offer less value that the likes of Ross et al. 

i also wonder how many clubs in our league are using scouting software to put metrics to potential signings? While most on here don't rate Seb Ross as a signing, clearly the numbers on him have suggested something.  He has also been watched at least 3 times so there is a human factor to Back up the metric. 

If we've watched Ross 3 times it must've been well before sheerin was on the seen

Guest Caractacus Potts
12 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

2. Shed salary. Tick.

I don’t think you can get too carried away with that list until we receive more detail.

Just looking at the 400,000 shares bought. From what I can see more than half were bought by the board or associates. 

At this time, the scouting software could just be an account for Y scout. 

I like some of the things mentioned but felt like their was a lot of fluffing in that list.