The Falkirk FC Thread

27 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

There used to be a time when we allowed players to at least start their first competitive game with us before we completely wrote them off……

While I agree with the sentiment,  (1) am not trying to pick a fight and (2) given we're evidently only going to be shopping in poundland (which is a completely separate discussion)  - just trying to think of the players that stood out against us last season that would significantly improve the team.  Just asking...     

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

There used to be a time when we allowed players to at least start their first competitive game with us before we completely wrote them off……

Some had the league sewn up with Hartley's unseen players 😃

Let that sink sink in...

I'll personally judge players in the navy blue even if we signed Messi.

Showunmi was horrific for us bar one goal and I was quick to tell my Tranmere football forum folk that when Tranmere signed him after us, 6 month later or so they turned down 100,000+ for him.

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Aye poor b*****ds,  the weightlifter scored for them in a friendly yesterday, must have hit off his backside and outfoxed the keeper. 

Probably playing to his strengths and not humping balls in the air for him.

I'm not sticking up for him as I'd have got shot after a few months of him joining but us using him as a target man was so wrong and I'm still laughing at Holt bringing on Dowds to sit in the hole and leave Sammon as a target man.

Another reason not to buy a season ticket - just back from a factory in the Borders. Half the workforce are in isolation because 7 guys went to Wembley for the game and all 7 came back testing positive for Covid.

42 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Another reason not to buy a season ticket - just back from a factory in the Borders. Half the workforce are in isolation because 7 guys went to Wembley for the game and all 7 came back testing positive for Covid.

I went to Wembley and came back positive. 

Its just something that we have to live with now.

Granted I still won't be buying a season ticket.

48 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Nope.  That is a reason to buy a season ticket.  If covid restrictions continue we can watch the live streams.  Got my season ticket.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

I went to Hyde Park and Leicester Square but didn't get the virus. It's just your luck.

Everyone is aware of the risks at this point, if the situation with those at your work is making you consider not buying a season ticket then you shouldn't be considering it in the first place imo.

9 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

I went to Hyde Park and Leicester Square but didn't get the virus. It's just your luck.

Everyone is aware of the risks at this point, if the situation with those at your work is making you consider not buying a season ticket then you shouldn't be considering it in the first place imo.

Yep

This thing is effectively over.

The vaccine is doing its job.

After that, it’s just your luck like getting any illness.