The Falkirk FC Thread

16 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The exe Ipswich boy can play centre mid or left back according to reports. I'd have very little sympathy for deans if he ends up I'll through this. The guy was given the chance to stand down in recent weeks but made the decision to plough on so on his own head be it 

FYI, Ugwu signed with Morton.

3 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

The problem with the Old Firm is that the pressure to win matches will always remain and they’re not going to be more likely to throw a player plying in the lower leagues than they were before. It just gives them the opportunity to get more talent. The pathway to the first team however will be just as tight. 

A great season playing for Hibs in the Championship and winning the Scottish cup didn’t do much for Liam Henderson. Can’t see how playing in the lowland league would have made him more likely to play for Celtic. 

Also have to look at those youth players brought in during the years to regular first team players- Kieran Tierney was the last, then Callum McGregor and before him was James Forrest. Mikey Johnstone looks like another wasted talent- 22 and only 59 first team appearances. Tierney broke in because of an injury to Izaguirre and had they had a B team back then, Andy Robertson might have still been playing for Celtic’s B team instead of being allowed to leave to Queens Park. 

We also wouldn’t have been blessed with the likes of Murray Wallace, Darryl Duffy, Mark Miller, Marc Twadlle and so on. Same with other clubs with the likes of Ross McCormack serving Motherwell and making them a decent amount of cash too. 

The whole thing is a load of crap and I hope to God our club stands against it. 

The scenario the old firm hope for is a place in a European League and the colt team with rule changes progress up the tables to replace them becoming a feeder B team.

Unfortunately the Old Firm will get their way.

Basically run to teams 

47 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Has Wilson been signed ?

How was he at you lot last season? Obviously only managed a handful of goals but what style of striker is he? Does he hold the ball in well and link play for others? Does he make a nuisance of himself? Does he look to run in behind the defence? Or is he a big lazy b*****d that waits on people creating chances for him?

47 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

How was he at you lot last season? Obviously only managed a handful of goals but what style of striker is he? Does he hold the ball in well and link play for others? Does he make a nuisance of himself? Does he look to run in behind the defence? Or is he a big lazy b*****d that waits on people creating chances for him?

His hold up play is quite poor, ball rarely sticks to him. He'll run about, if he can stay on the last defender then balls in behind will suit him and in a one on one I'd back him to score. He spent a lot of time not winning headers for us and generally dropping deep and losing the ball, probably not helped by our tactics at the time and probably why a new manager (Faz) thought he was worth a deal. He'd be a squad player for us though, I really am amazed a full time side is looking at him.

53 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I quite liked him as a player. In a better side than ours last season I reckon he'll get 10/11 goals in a season and be a nuisance for opposition defenders. He reminds me of Anthony Stokes in the way he moves about the pitch. Personally I would've liked him to stay with us. That said I am surprised he's being looked at by a full time side. 

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

His hold up play is quite poor, ball rarely sticks to him. He'll run about, if he can stay on the last defender then balls in behind will suit him and in a one on one I'd back him to score. He spent a lot of time not winning headers for us and generally dropping deep and losing the ball, probably not helped by our tactics at the time and probably why a new manager (Faz) thought he was worth a deal. He'd be a squad player for us though, I really am amazed a full time side is looking at him.

9 minutes ago, the snudge said:

I quite liked him as a player. In a better side than ours last season I reckon he'll get 10/11 goals in a season and be a nuisance for opposition defenders. He reminds me of Anthony Stokes in the way he moves about the pitch. Personally I would've liked him to stay with us. That said I am surprised he's being looked at by a full time side. 

Just watched the highlights of your first play off leg against Stranraer, first half he should have had a hatrick. Looks very much to play on the shoulder of the last defender without actually having an abundance of pace. Also it was only one set of highlights but I'm guessing his left foots only for standing on?

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Just watched the highlights of your first play off leg against Stranraer, first half he should have had a hatrick. Looks very much to play on the shoulder of the last defender without actually having an abundance of pace. Also it was only one set of highlights but I'm guessing his left foots only for standing on?

I mentioned to one of your other fans on our thread, he seems to score goals against HL/LL opposition and looks like he could be handy in League 2, at this level he's a decent player to bring on if you're chasing a goal. I don't remember him being great or terrible with his left foot tbh. Of his 7 goals last season I think he scored one against a top half side (Airdrie), the rest were bottom half sides, Stranraer and he scored 2 against Huntly in the cup. 

21 hours ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

John Robertson has been playing for Leith Athletic in the LEAFA league. I spoke to one of the managers in that league and he says he is a class act that scores for fun

19 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

LEAFA is an average amateur level. I wouldn't  even consider that when looking at a player.

Worth mentioning Robertson isn't actually contracted there. After his release from us at the end of the season he offered to help them out for a few games as they were short on numbers and he's got mates who play for them.

He was really hyped up for us last Summer, and played a handful of times early in the season. Got overtaken by more senior strikers and ended up 5th/6th choice in the frontline behind Kane, May, Melamed, Hendry, Middleton etc., which isn't reflective of his ability. He could definitely stand out at this level if someone shows some faith in him.

12 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I mentioned to one of your other fans on our thread, he seems to score goals against HL/LL opposition and looks like he could be handy in League 2, at this level he's a decent player to bring on if you're chasing a goal. I don't remember him being great or terrible with his left foot tbh. Of his 7 goals last season I think he scored one against a top half side (Airdrie), the rest were bottom half sides, Stranraer and he scored 2 against Huntly in the cup. 

A goal against Huntly in the cup eh...

7 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Probably but who needs the fans to know that eh? Clear to see the emphasis on improving communication really hit home with the club.

For the Irvine game they announced it on the day of the match. I'm not sure it makes any difference if they do it earlier, given that (presumably) fans won't get access. 

The game is tomorrow. I imagine there'll be an announcement before and a report afterwards. 

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

For the Irvine game they announced it on the day of the match. I'm not sure it makes any difference if they do it earlier, given that (presumably) fans won't get access. 

The game is tomorrow. I imagine there'll be an announcement before and a report afterwards. 

Being totally honest its just shite the lack of information the club put out for fans. We are the most secretive club in the country. 

17 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Being totally honest its just shite the lack of information the club put out for fans. We are the most secretive club in the country. 

Don't know about other clubs, but there's no arguement from me that FFC could do better. The various football things outlined by the Rawlins in the Q&A being an example. 

24 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

At the Q&A, Gary Deans mentioned only 600 or season tickets are sold. How much of an embarrassment is it going to be if they cant muster 1000 season ticket holders for the league cup games?

I don't think it will be too much of an embarrassment due to the current circumstances, where some supporters may be suffering financially due to Covid, buying or renewing a season ticket won't be high on their list of priorities at the moment.