The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Peter LaFleur

I have high levels of fear that Wilson will be next to sign now after his hat-trick against giants Irvine Meadows. His signing after a guy who couldn't get a game for Cove would be completely underwhelming. He may of course prove me wrong and do well for the club but absolutely nothing to get excited about to go and pay the season ticket money. 

The centre midfield looks absolutely howling as well with Gary Miller still in there as back up. Hopefully I'm knicker wetting but with 2 weeks to go before the league cup games kick off I'm petrified for the season to come.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

6 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

I have high levels of fear that Wilson will be next to sign now after his hat-trick against giants Irvine Meadows. His signing after a guy who couldn't get a game for Cove would be completely underwhelming. He may of course prove me wrong and do well for the club but absolutely nothing to get excited about to go and pay the season ticket money. 

The centre midfield looks absolutely howling as well with Gary Miller still in there as back up. Hopefully I'm knicker wetting but with 2 weeks to go before the league cup games kick off I'm petrified for the season to come.

There's only one Medda in Irvine, thankfully.

2 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

Absolutely, but that`s what I thought was being meant, an immediate surplus of £100k but as I said, that was purely my interpretation of it.

Gary Holt should now be judged on the players who have come in. Let’s face it they are by and large the dregs from last season plus his signings. If they are duds Sheerin is on a hiding to nothing. If we are stinking this season I hope the fans point the finger in Holt’s direction not Sheerin. 
We don’t even look short we are short in the four most important parts of the pitch. Goalkeeper, CH, CM and upfront. How one more signing and 3 loans are going to fix it I am not convinced. We will end up having to get 3/4 out on loan to other club as there is nowhere near enough quality in that squad 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Gary Holt should now be judged on the players who have come in. Let’s face it they are by and large the dregs from last season plus his signings. If they are duds Sheerin is on a hiding to nothing. If we are stinking this season I hope the fans point the finger in Holt’s direction not Sheerin. 
We don’t even look short we are short in the four most important parts of the pitch. Goalkeeper, CH, CM and upfront. How one more signing and 3 loans are going to fix it I am not convinced. We will end up having to get 3/4 out on loan to other club as there is nowhere near enough quality in that squad 
Agreed, Holt's visible arrogance isn't helpful here. A couple of good loan signings after the break could have made all the difference last season but he's defending signing players with 0 experience because they played in "75% of games", aye but they were (Neilson aside) nowhere close to what was needed.
The board and Holt have effectively backed themselves to sort the club out and should be judged accordingly. Right now the squad on paper doesn't look a real level above last year's 5th place team.

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We don’t even look short we are short in the four most important parts of the pitch. Goalkeeper, CH, CM and upfront. How one more signing and 3 loans are going to fix it I am not convinced. We will end up having to get 3/4 out on loan to other club as there is nowhere near enough quality in that squad 

Yes and no.

Sheerin was the best candidate out of 100, remember? He must have agreed to the conditions attached, i.e. working with a squad of 18 signed players + loans. During the Q & A he kept blowing smoke up Holt's arse about what a wonderful job he (Holt) had done in getting all the new signings lined up but how also he (Sheerin) had input there as well. Sheerin will be equally culpable in my opinion if it all goes tits up.

I'm beginning to wonder if Danny Grainger might have been the best choice as Head Coach, everybody seems to be raving about his performance at Workington Reds.

But Holt is still a waste of skin.

30 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We don’t even look short we are short in the four most important parts of the pitch. Goalkeeper, CH, CM and upfront. How one more signing and 3 loans are not going to fix it I am not convinced. We will end up having to get 3/4 out on loan to other club as there is nowhere near enough quality in that squad 

Unless the 4 players still to come in are outstanding then I’m convinced we will finish 4th or 5th at best next season.

Guest Peter LaFleur
32 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We don’t even look short we are short in the four most important parts of the pitch. Goalkeeper, CH, CM and upfront. How one more signing and 3 loans are not going to fix it I am not convinced. We will end up having to get 3/4 out on loan to other club as there is nowhere near enough quality in that squad 

100% agree. I’m ‘satisfied’ with the defence and wide areas but at the moment Cove have a far better midfield pairing and strike force. Our spine of the team is our weakest point… again.

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Unless the 4 players still to come in are outstanding then I’m convinced we will finish 4th or 5th at best next season.

Sorry bud, only 1 plus a keeper to come in. We're working with a squad of 18 signed players this season.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He’s also bringing in 3/4 loans is he not ? I’m sure he confirmed that at the Q&A ??

Yes, but Holt doesn't have a good track record when it come to loan signings so not holding out for any outstanding players coming in. 5th place here we come.

44 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Sorry bud, only 1 plus a keeper to come in. We're working with a squad of 18 signed players this season.

Plus 3/4 loans which could be a centre back, a centre mid, a winger and a striker. Again I'm very hopeful that due to Sheerin having worked in the 20's for years he's identified quite a few players to come in and improve us as well as themselves. As a side note I noticed the Aberdeen u20's just scudded the Dundee United u20's the other week. Dundee United team included Neilson and Fotheringham. Not much to take from results in those youth games but interesting none the less.

I'm waiting until we see what striker they bring in before wetting my knickers but equally I'm disappointed we don't seem to have addressed the legs in the middle of the park. Hopefully Hetherington and Keena aren't out for long and I'm also hoping Telfer will be a starter in that 3 in midfield as he makes us tick. Sheerin could plan on having the three in the middle play as two sitters with one playing in the hole when we're attacking, kind of like what Scotland have been doing with the three in the middle, as we certainly have enough players to play in the 10 position.

Ross looks to be a midfielder who's relatively non existent throughout the game but he'll make runs in beyond the front three to give us another option which to be fair we never had any of last season. 

6 minutes ago, Mevilc Bairn said:

Here are a few photos from Irvine Meadow facebook. Mostly of their players but a few of Falkirk. Number 9 is a trialist but don't know who it is. 

https://t.co/DbkeTbJI2d?amp=1

Now we're talking, can always rely on other teams to spill the beans. Number 9 looks like a poundland version of Ollie Mcburnie and it's not Wilson. Wilson is later on in the photo's and is number 14. Going by the photo's as well it's definitely him that's got himself a hatrick as they have one of him tapping it home. 

Guest Peter LaFleur

Number 9 looks like that diddy John Robertson who played for Forfar this season on loan from St Johnstone.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

10 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Now we're talking, can always rely on other teams to spill the beans. Number 9 looks like a poundland version of Ollie Mcburnie and it's not Wilson. Wilson is later on in the photo's and is number 14. Going by the photo's as well it's definitely him that's got himself a hatrick as they have one of him tapping it home. 

Aye, 14 is Wilson.