The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He rambled some amount of pish. Going on about top strikers listing those that had scored 15 goals including Édouard and  John Baird FFS and totally avoided the fact that we had one only two feckin seasons ago saying we haven't had one for a while . Yeah one season Gary.  His excuses on our poor perfoances included covid as if it only affected us and not the other 9 sides in the league. He'd still sign the same 3 players in January if he had to again just emphasises what a complete Muppet he is.  Laughed when he said just as well we signed them with the injuries we had. Just think if you'd signed 3 players capable of playing in league one we may have actually made the playoffs. His chat on tiffoney was ludicrous. He's just a young boy too. He's 22 and played over 100.first team games FFS. Our 3 kids had a handful of appearances between them.  Just admit you made a cant of it instead of making a fool of yourself FFS.

The bit where he says we were at the top of our game against Clyde when we got injuries had me in tears. Aye right Gary.

Kinda gives you the fear about the initial four signings.  McKay who ICT fans have said is murder, Nesbitt and Mcguffie hardly glowing references from Morton fans, ( I actually think these will be two sand dancers)  Williamson who might be ok going forward but can't defend. 

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He rambled some amount of pish. Going on about top strikers listing those that had scored 15 goals including Édouard and  John Baird FFS and totally avoided the fact that we had one only two feckin seasons ago saying we haven't had one for a while . Yeah one season Gary.  His excuses on our poor perfoances included covid as if it only affected us and not the other 9 sides in the league. He'd still sign the same 3 players in January if he had to again just emphasises what a complete Muppet he is.  Laughed when he said just as well we signed them with the injuries we had. Just think if you'd signed 3 players capable of playing in league one we may have actually made the playoffs. His chat on tiffoney was ludicrous. He's just a young boy too. He's 22 and played over 100.first team games FFS. Our 3 kids had a handful of appearances between them.  Just admit you made a cant of it instead of making a fool of yourself FFS.

The bit where he says we were at the top of our game against Clyde when we got injuries had me in tears. Aye right Gary.

Yes Holt came across very poor. He was a mix of clichés and hypocrisy.  He first blamed the poor restart on Covid restrictions then later said he'd brought a new attitude where they do not use stuff like Covid as an excuse. I'm paraphrasing him but this was his gist. 

I'm not sure if the other board members are in awe of him or intimidated by him but they didn't half blow smoke up his arse. Considering he works 12 hour days  (doing what?)  I would have expected to see the difference he's making by now.       

I was impressed by Phil Rawlins, I'm glad he pointed out the lack of infrastructure at the club as I'd been banging on about that for months  - we have been the very minimum of what it takes to be a professional club. Lex Miller and his crew had cut us to the bare bones.    

Guest Peter LaFleur

Great to see a statement out, fans are much more likely to support the group with some knowledge of what they’re trying to achieve. Two questions regarding the group:

Why the lack of transparency with who is involved? Is this for legal or personal reasons? If you named 11 local businessmen who are all familiar faces/names with the fans you’d have even more backing, imo. 

How was the independent chairman going to be appointed out of curiosity?

Edited by Peter LaFleur

4 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Great to see a statement out, fans are much more likely to support this now. Two questions regarding the group:

Why the lack of transparency with who is involved? Is this for legal or personal reasons? If you named 11 local businessmen who are all familiar faces/names with the fans you’d have even more backing, imo. 

Navy blue wanted paper scissors stone but the bod wouldn't budge of tic-tacing for it and that snookered the deal 

7 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Great to see a statement out, fans are much more likely to support this now. Two questions regarding the group:

The Board knew every name and were comfortable with all the names, well let’s just say they never objected to any names. There are currently circa 200,000 shares held by the group already.  On the Q&A the Board even said they hoped/thought that some may still come to the party. My understanding is there is absolutely no chance of that without the significant change the group believes is required. It kind of sums up their judgement TBH. I am sure the names will come out in time.

The discussion never got that far regarding the Chairman. However the group had spoken to someone who was happy to put themselves forward and the group thought the individual would have gained great respect from the support. 

11 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

- So who are the 11 and who is the proposed board member with significant football experience?  Why the secrecy around who the "Navy Blue Group" are?  

-  How do the Falkirk Supports Society fit in?  Why are the two fans groups not working together to secure 1/3rd stake? 

There are a lot of positives about the proposed bid and a lot of reasons that you can see the board would not want to accept.  

For the majority of fans, a fundamental question has to be who these 11 are?  Give us names/background and reason to trust this is a group who know what they're doing. 

Otherwise this is all just turning into playground he said/she said bollocks.  

I'd like to see ALL fans being invited to get involved to be able to call it a fans group. 

Until then it's just another group.

Weren't we all consulted a couple of years ago about clubbing together? 

2 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I'd like to see ALL fans being invited to get involved to be able to call it a fans group. 

Until then it's just another group.

Weren't we all consulted a couple of years ago about clubbing together? 

What's stopping you starting such a group?

22 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The Board knew every name and were comfortable with all the names, well let’s just say they never objected to any names. There are currently circa 200,000 shares held by the group already.  On the Q&A the Board even said they hoped/thought that some may still come to the party. My understanding is there is absolutely no chance of that without the significant change the group believes is required. It kind of sums up their judgement TBH. I am sure the names will come out in time.

The discussion never got that far regarding the Chairman. However the group had spoken to someone who was happy to put themselves forward and the group thought the individual would have gained great respect from the support. 

The board (at the time) also knew the name of Mark Campbell but didn't exactly dissuade them...

The point is the fans need to know to get behind the bid.  I get that you and others are pals with this group but 99% of fans aren't so we need to know more about them. 

Think about it as though you don't know them.  Would you blindly get behind a group you knew nothing about (not even their names) just because some folk on a forum told you it was 'for the best'.   MA, SR and even Gary Deans all claim to be longstanding Falkirk fans so being a fan isn't on its own enough  for people to be convinced they'd be a great addition to the board.  

For this to succeed the wider fan base need to be behind the bid.  We need to know who the Navy Blue are (names and backgrounds preferably but names at the very least).  

£550k is a lot of money of course but could also be very quickly spunked up the wall by either this board or with NB onboard.  

Also an independent chairman isn't independent if installed by the NB - its not the fans who'd need to be comfortable with any independent chairman, its the whole board.  

I sound like I'm against the NB bid, I'm really not, Its just incredibly frustrating that they are prepared to walk away from the fight without even trying to get 99% of the fans on board with what they're trying to do.  Before they'll even reveal who they are? Its bizarre.  There could even be others out there willing to pitch in with funds - we'll never know.. 

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

Also strikes me that both CI and NB should be working with experienced lawyers when dealing with the board.  Much of whats been said over the last couple of months comes down to clash or personality/he said/she said nonsense.  Would also put an end to all the personal attack and 'he only wanted to talk by phone' stuff that makes discussions like these end up impossible.  

These are big investments/commitments - take the emotion out of it and let professionals handle all the negotiations.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

Guest Caractacus Potts
14 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Also strikes me that both CI and NB should be working with experienced lawyers when dealing with the board.  Much of whats been said over the last couple of months comes down to clash or personality/he said/she said nonsense.  Would also put an end to all the personal attack and 'he only wanted to talk by phone' stuff that makes discussions like these end up impossible.  

These are big investments/commitments - take the emotion out of it and let professionals handle all the negotiations.  

I think that’s a good point with regards to the NB but surely the CI guys wouldn’t have expected to need a lawyer to deal with negotiations when dealing with the club???

Should  be a completely open goal and something the club should have done years ago. 

Disappointing to see the crunchie initiative and also the navy blue group telling near enough the same story about how dealings with the board were. Obviously in all walks of life there are going to be differences in personalities but when it comes to the best interests of our club that should always be put aside. Definitely seems as if the board want the credit for the crunchie initiative or at least aren't happy they weren't more involved which seems to be why now when it comes to implementing it they've went awol. 

Good to get a clear statement from the navy blue group and it just backs up the post I put a few days ago. How long have we heard about this three pronged leadership model and yet when it's offered up on a plate we get 'the board couldn't accept the conditions that were proposed' even when from what I understand the board were going to get to pick the two current members that stayed on. 

The reasoning was that due to what shareholders had voted for previously it couldn't be done but surely that could have been put to the shareholders to decide?

1 minute ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I think that’s a good point with regards to the NB but surely the CI guys wouldn’t have expected to need a lawyer to deal with negotiations when dealing with the club???

Should  be a completely open goal and something the club should have done years ago. 

Agree it should be but dealing with people who go back on their promises and try to remove individuals from discussions etc.  Plus all the detail on sign location and income from advertising, H&S excuses etc its more complex than it seems and very easy for it to get personal (as seems to have happened). 

17 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Plenty other clubs who will be looking for opponents at short notice in that case. Get someone else along to the stadium for a kick about.

I wonder if they'd consider using Morrison through the middle up front. 

@Bainsfordbairn well well well. You wee filthy tease.

⚽ We take on Irvine Meadow XI FC today in our first preseason bounce game!

🚪 This afternoon's friendly will be played behind closed doors.

🕐 Kick off is at 1pm.

📝A match summary and photos from the game will be available post-match.

Edited by FFC 1876