The Falkirk FC Thread

42 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

He's the most underwhelming signing so far tbh, the rest have been "ok" with the two best signings probably McCann and Williamson. I don't for one minute think he's the type that will get is out the division, he's probably a jersey filler at best. We should still be up there at season end but no guarantees and Sheerin is probably taking as much of a gamble with his own career as the BoD and Holt have done if it goes tits up by appointing him. The difference being they are bulletproof. 

Don't expect too much from McCann, he is a good young player in a limited Airdrie side, is he an upgrade on Dixon ??????    

1 minute ago, Passionate said:

Don't expect too much from McCann, he is a good young player in a limited Airdrie side, is he an upgrade on Dixon ??????    

Age wise yes, I think Dixon will play centre half this season where he is equally as comfortable. At least I hope that's the case. He's a far better central defender than Hall. I really hope it's not Hall and McKay at centre half with Dixon as back up. I think McCann starts the season at left back you don't give him a three year deal to sit on the bench. 

37 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

MacFarlane states we need to stop acting like a league one club. Well if we're losing out on players to QoS then we are obviously still acting like a league one club.  We have as the bod stated a bigger budget by far than at least 8 of the other 9 sides in this league and a number of championship teams so there is no excuse for us picking up dross . Queen's park are a bit of an anomaly but I still can't see ridiculous amounts of cash being flung around even though their owner has a large fortune.  We should be clear favourites for the league and shouldn't be leaving anything to chance but should be signing the quality of player that emphasizes that.

We are picking up dross because of the league we are in and our reputation for player clear outs, sacking managers etc. The players you outline ain't touching us with a bargepole because of it. Paton signing for QoS intead of FFC being a good example.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think Colburn  and GD statements or responses to the questions or their attitude to the questions  pretty much back up whats been tweeted

its our ball and your no playing

16 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

We are picking up dross because of the league we are in and our reputation for player clear outs, sacking managers etc. The players you outline ain't touching us with a bargepole because of it. Paton signing for QoS intead of FFC being a good example.

Players will follow the money. Offer them more cash and 9/10 they will sign for you. Getting a player on site should also make a big difference as we have far better facilities than the likes of queen of the south for a start.

54 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

- So who are the 11 and who is the proposed board member with significant football experience?  Why the secrecy around who the "Navy Blue Group" are?  

-  How do the Falkirk Supports Society fit in?  Why are the two fans groups not working together to secure 1/3rd stake? 

There are a lot of positives about the proposed bid and a lot of reasons that you can see the board would not want to accept.  

For the majority of fans, a fundamental question has to be who these 11 are?  Give us names/background and reason to trust this is a group who know what they're doing. 

Otherwise this is all just turning into playground he said/she said bollocks.  

38 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Players will follow the money. Offer them more cash and 9/10 they will sign for you. Getting a player on site should also make a big difference as we have far better facilities than the likes of queen of the south for a start.

Players tend to follow security, then money and then facilities. The money on a one year deal has to be a decent bit higher verses a two or three year deal. Your bigger worry is how long will FFC maintain superior facilities, after that dismissal of any concern about the pitch lifespan/condition.

2 hours ago, MS RR said:

Gary Holt saying the question concerning the teams fitness after the break is "null and void" because we  had a turgid win against Montrose in the first game back is quite comical. Just shows the lack of respect he has for the fans and highlights how much of a dimwit he really is. Perfectly good question and he gets spikey with it. 

I'm glad I've not bought a season ticket, the people involved in the club are not up to it. 

Probably the majority of us played football to some low level that the likes of Holt believes to be insufficient to really understand the game in any meaningful way. The thing he clearly doesn’t understand is that being a spectator for years and years actually generates its own form of expertise that he doesn’t understand. The very thought that a spectator can have any meaningful understanding of what they are watching is so alien to him (as it is to many ex players) that he thinks he can dismiss any opinion that disagrees with his view of the world  by waffling any old guff and expecting people to buy it. We don’t buy it Gary.

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

It’s not said in so many words, but make no mistake, McCann is the poster boy for the coming season.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

48 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Probably the majority of us played football to some low level that the likes of Holt believes to be insufficient to really understand the game in any meaningful way. The thing he clearly doesn’t understand is that being a spectator for years and years actually generates its own form of expertise that he doesn’t understand. The very thought that a spectator can have any meaningful understanding of what they are watching is so alien to him (as it is to many ex players) that he thinks he can dismiss any opinion that disagrees with his view of the world  by waffling any old guff and expecting people to buy it. We don’t buy it Gary.

He rambled some amount of pish. Going on about top strikers listing those that had scored 15 goals including Édouard and  John Baird FFS and totally avoided the fact that we had one only two feckin seasons ago saying we haven't had one for a while . Yeah one season Gary.  His excuses on our poor perfoances included covid as if it only affected us and not the other 9 sides in the league. He'd still sign the same 3 players in January if he had to again just emphasises what a complete Muppet he is.  Laughed when he said just as well we signed them with the injuries we had. Just think if you'd signed 3 players capable of playing in league one we may have actually made the playoffs. His chat on tiffoney was ludicrous. He's just a young boy too. He's 22 and played over 100.first team games FFS. Our 3 kids had a handful of appearances between them.  Just admit you made a cant of it instead of making a fool of yourself FFS.

The bit where he says we were at the top of our game against Clyde when we got injuries had me in tears. Aye right Gary.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

52 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Players tend to follow security, then money and then facilities. The money on a one year deal has to be a decent bit higher verses a two or three year deal. Your bigger worry is how long will FFC maintain superior facilities, after that dismissal of any concern about the pitch lifespan/condition.

What were they boys you released that you had up front last season like? Duku and ugwu. They no maybe do a turn in league one?

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He rambled some amount of pish. Going on about top strikers listing those that had scored 15 goals including Édouard and  John Baird FFS and totally avoided the fact that we had one only two feckin seasons ago saying we haven't had one for a while . Yeah one season Gary.  His excuses on our poor perfoances included covid as if it only affected us and not the other 9 sides in the league. He'd still sign the same 3 players in January if he had to again just emphasises what a complete Muppet he is.  Laughed when he said just as well we signed them with the injuries we had. Just think if you'd signed 3 players capable of playing in league one we may have actually made the playoffs. His chat on tiffoney was ludicrous. He's just a young boy too. He's 22 and played over 100.first team games FFS. Our 3 kids had a handful of appearances between them.  Just admit you made a cant of it instead of making a fool of yourself FFS.

The bit where he says we were at the top of our game against Clyde when we got injuries had me in tears. Aye right Gary.

I agree. I thought Holt came across very poorly. if this is the answer to bridging the gap between club and supporters then I feel even further adrift.