The Falkirk FC Thread

43 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Miles Storey has signed with Hereford FC so it won't be him.

Hereford in England's sixth tier! He's far better than that. Impressed me at times when I watched him which wasn't often too be fair.

Would have thought a lot of other clubs would have expressed an interest

9 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Friendly cancelled tomorrow, must be COVID related as lots of other friendlies have been cancelled last second this week.

Plenty other clubs who will be looking for opponents at short notice in that case. Get someone else along to the stadium for a kick about.

I wonder if they'd consider using Morrison through the middle up front. 

6 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Hereford in England's sixth tier! He's far better than that. Impressed me at times when I watched him which wasn't often too be fair.

Would have thought a lot of other clubs would have expressed an interest

Maybe wanted to move back home. Don't imagine he'll be taking much of a wage cut from what he would have been on at Inverness either.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It concerns me that we've basically just taken the cash we were offering Stranraer for paton and have handed it to cove for Ross. One a great prospect, the other needing to turn his career around. 

We haven’t paid a transfer fee to Cove. I believe the deal is along the lines of the player has negotiated his contract release. 

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Maybe wanted to move back home. Don't imagine he'll be taking much of a wage cut from what he would have been on at Inverness either.

He'll be getting top quality service from Tom Owen-Evans too.

8 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

He'll be getting top quality service from Tom Owen-Evans too.

7 goals in 17 games last season, 6 in 31 the season before and 10 in 30 the season he left us. There was a player there.

@RandomGuy. you got the assists stats on your wee gismo for the national league north as I can't find details other than goals anywhere. 

Surely money wasn't paid for Seb Ross?

Amazed that's the level of signing PS thinks will get Falkirk out that league.

Players improve but he was with us not long ago & I doubt any warrior would have had him back for our League 2 campaign.

Pleasing to see Falkirk in such a mess.

Gary Holt saying the question concerning the teams fitness after the break is "null and void" because we  had a turgid win against Montrose in the first game back is quite comical. Just shows the lack of respect he has for the fans and highlights how much of a dimwit he really is. Perfectly good question and he gets spikey with it. 

I'm glad I've not bought a season ticket, the people involved in the club are not up to it. 

21 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Gary Holt saying the question concerning the teams fitness after the break is "null and void" because we  had a turgid win against Montrose in the first game back is quite comical. Just shows the lack of respect he has for the fans and highlights how much of a dimwit he really is. Perfectly good question and he gets spikey with it. 

I'm glad I've not bought a season ticket, the people involved in the club are not up to it. 

The lot of them downed tools to become even worse than we had been been before the season stopped. We were absolutely ganting at East Fife that set the alarm bells ringing. A couple of fortuitous wins against Montrose and Forfar when we were rotten and then totally found out when Partick started to hit form.  He's obviously not going to come out and say that but by f**k he's on crack if he thinks any different. 

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

7 goals in 17 games last season, 6 in 31 the season before and 10 in 30 the season he left us. There was a player there.

@RandomGuy. you got the assists stats on your wee gismo for the national league north as I can't find details other than goals anywhere. 

Afraid not, I get the National League but not any further down.

33 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

Surely money wasn't paid for Seb Ross?

Amazed that's the level of signing PS thinks will get Falkirk out that league.

Players improve but he was with us not long ago & I doubt any warrior would have had him back for our League 2 campaign.

Pleasing to see Falkirk in such a mess.

He's the most underwhelming signing so far tbh, the rest have been "ok" with the two best signings probably McCann and Williamson. I don't for one minute think he's the type that will get is out the division, he's probably a jersey filler at best. We should still be up there at season end but no guarantees and Sheerin is probably taking as much of a gamble with his own career as the BoD and Holt have done if it goes tits up by appointing him. The difference being they are bulletproof. 

2 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

He's the most underwhelming signing so far tbh, the rest have been "ok" with the two best signings probably McCann and Williamson. I don't for one minute think he's the type that will get is out the division, he's probably a jersey filler at best. We should still be up there at season end but no guarantees and Sheerin is probably taking as much of a gamble with his own career as the BoD and Holt have done if it goes tits up by appointing him. The difference being they are bulletproof. 

I'm not convinced this BoD are bullet proof. If we don't make a good start or looks as though we won't get promoted, questions will need to be asked if they are the right people to take us forwards, considering the mess they have made so far. 

I just can't see them surviving another year if it all goes pear shaped again. The fans won't stand for it and I don't think the Rawlins will either. 

Just now, ebobsboy said:

MacFarlane states we need to stop acting like a league one club. Well if we're losing out on players to QoS then we are obviously still acting like a league one club.  We have as the bod stated a bigger budget by far than at least 8 of the other 9 sides in this league and a number of championship teams so there is no excuse for us picking up dross . Queen's park are a bit of an anomaly but I still can't see ridiculous amounts of cash being flung around even though their owner has a large fortune.  We should be clear favourites for the league and shouldn't be leaving anything to chance but should be signing the quality of player that emphasizes that.

Just now, Zbairn said:

I'm not convinced this BoD are bullet proof. If we don't make a good start or looks as though we won't get promoted, questions will need to be asked if they are the right people to take us forwards, considering the mess they have made so far. 

I just can't see them surviving another year if it all goes pear shaped again. The fans won't stand for it and I don't think the Rawlins will either. 

Will the club survive another year that is the question. The cupboard is going to be bare of rainy day money so if things go Pete tong we could be in real trouble.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Will the club survive another year that is the question. The cupboard is going to be bare of rainy day money so if things go Pete tong we could be in real trouble.

Well depressingly enough I'm really not sure what sort of club we'll be in 3-4 years time. If we continue to be atrocious we'll be either be bust or be a club like Airdrionians or Ayr. The later is the thing I can quite easily see and is remarkable when you consider the history of Falkirk. 

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That's my fear I think any other investment could well be to save us. Hopefully won't come to that but this club is a mess and until the day comes when we are all singing from the same hymn sheet then I just don't see any significant forward progress. Deans can bleat all he wants but you can't force people to think positively when there's so much that is fractured. 

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They hinted last night that there was some cash to carry over, but they have also been stating that they are cash strapped. Moaning about the possibility of paying £75k in refunds (not likely as many of us would refuse). Even complained about he cost of a zoom meeting for the Q&A FFS!.  

I don't think the financial picture is as rosy as they would like us to believe, possibly in dire straights. Season tickets will only cover so much. I think they are struggling for sponsorship next season. As it stands they have little to no marketing or commercial relationships as AT and KK have gone. They need to start again from scratch.  They are hoping that the "mystery" guy will fill that hole. SuperSam ???

A rumour is that they p****d off Central Demolition and ended up with Clarke on a reduced value to the club.

Only 3 options then to keep the club running that I can see. 

1 The Rawlins take up the additional shares that GD said they would.....or a soft loan from PR.

2. They go cap in hand to the NB

3. They get the begging bowl out again and ask us to help....as we keep on doing.