The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

I think it's painstakingly obvious what the board wouldn't agree to as it's been papped on here several times. The navy blue group wanted Deans gone and only 2 of the remaining board leftover. Gordon Colborn's answer last night alluded to 'we couldn't do that as our shareholders had voted Gary/other board members in place' essentially the boards point of view is the demands were too much but the NB's point of view is for the money they were proposing they were entitled to ask for whatever they wanted. The NB group were obviously willing to concede on certain parts of their wants but the board obviously weren't going to concede, probably didn't help that obviously all of the board and the Rawlins have become quite tight nit over the past year so asking for that to be disbanded was always going to be a tough ask(obviously that doesn't make it the wrong thing for the NB group to ask for as we all know here our board could still do with a shake up)

We keep getting told about the three pronged stool and how the club would love to have fans on board in the running of the club but that's exactly what NB were asking for, 2 from the current board, 2 from the rawlins and 2 from the navy blue group with an independent chairmen which is obviously a three pronger and the board clearly couldn't come to terms with losing a few of the current members which is disappointing. 

In summary some of the demands from the NB group seemed a bit strong but when you are ponying up that kind of money you are entitled to make demands. Still seems like a massive opportunity missed to dilute Standy and Martin Ritchie's shares and have a much needed change at the top with fans and football men on the board.

Did you do that on purpose? If so, it's outStanding! He should now be known as Standy Alexander from this day forth!

45 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

it been answered before but they agreed to work with Holt after the BOD backed him, they originally wanted him replace/removed. 

They were compromising too at only having two board members despite Rawlins getting two for nearly half the investment.  They originally wanted deans to resign as he should've done anyway after last year's debacle. His reason for not on the q and a was ridiculous. I asked my pals on the bod and they said no Gary don't do it. They then changed that request and said any two could stay on. How many of the current bod actually bring anything to the table anyway considering they are all from a financial background.  Hibbie MacFarlanes attempts at PR have been excruciating and deans has been one of the worst chairman in the history of our club.  The other guys appear more like a bowling club committee than a football team board.  The fact the current bod have refused to be flexible on anything whilst the NB have at least tried to be accommodating is farciful when deans kept on going on.aboit entrenched positions . Their position was nearly hitting fecking Australia.  We all complained when we had a few people with the majority of shares running the club and making decisions but we now seem happy to have a couple of folk with only 26 percent doing the same. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Will the NB group consider a response to the Q&A? I don't trust the board but BPM posting snippets on here from the viewpoint of NB isn't really doing enough to convince me that I should take it all as gospel.

The transparency isn't any better than what we are already subjected to by the current board.

On another front who's wanting to play name the trialists?

Goalkeeper 1?
Goalkeeper 2?

Ben Weekes
Jaime Wilson
Outfielder 3?
Outfielder 4?
Outfielder 5?
Outfielder 6?

Given the players we have been linked with on here and just a pure guess. I'll say possibly Calum Ferrie as the pure guess for one of the goalkeepers and Kane O'connor as possibly one of the outfield trialists. Can play centre back and centre mid so that roughly suits Sheerin's agenda from last night.

Having watched it, I still think there's mileage in both the CI initiative and the NB investment if both groups want it.  As I've suggested before, I think its clear the board aren't going to accept NB's (revised) conditions so I'd be looking at how NB could make the investment dependent on achievement of milestones and build up to a 2/2/2 board split over time that way.  GD could remain chairman for now but be challenged at a future EGM/AGM. 

I don't know all the detail but sometimes these things can succeed/fail based on how each side deals with personality clashes.  Deep breaths, open minds and a willingness to keep dialogue going despite major setbacks is vital in business to get what you what.  The board last night indicated the door is still open, hopefully there is someone on the NB & CI sides who can see past petty jibes and get back round the table for the greater good.  

Oh and Holt is an arse.  His defence of last seasons squad was laughable and I wish he'd been pressed more on his ridiculous "well we won the first game back" nonsense.  Defending the January loan signings v the likes of Mochrie, Ballantyne, Tiffoney etc was worrying.  Apparently they all went through Corrzo's profiling so you have to question if the profiling is working.  

If NB investment is dead in the water (which it does seem to be) the question is now what everyone is doing re season tickets.

Give the current board the time it needs to make a positive impact and back the team in the meantime or still trying to starve the board out?  If the latter what is the endgame - how much damage to the finances could be considered worth it? 

Personally, I've renewed mine.  I'm looking forward to getting back to the stadium.  I'm not 100% happy with everything off the pitch but I'm happy enough to give the Rawlins (esp) time to deliver.  I don't see how not buying a ST will result in anything positive at this time.  

56 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

On another front who's wanting to play name the trialists?

Goalkeeper 1?
Goalkeeper 2?

Ben Weekes
Jaime Wilson
Outfielder 3?
Outfielder 4?
Outfielder 5?
Outfielder 6?

Given the players we have been linked with on here and just a pure guess. I'll say possibly Calum Ferrie as the pure guess for one of the goalkeepers and Kane O'connor as possibly one of the outfield trialists. Can play centre back and centre mid so that roughly suits Sheerin's agenda from last night.

Goalkeepers - Jack Hamilton, Ryan Scully? 

5 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Having watched it, I still think there's mileage in both the CI initiative and the NB investment if both groups want it.  As I've suggested before, I think its clear the board aren't going to accept NB's (revised) conditions so I'd be looking at how NB could make the investment dependent on achievement of milestones and build up to a 2/2/2 board split over time that way.  GD could remain chairman for now but be challenged at a future EGM/AGM. 

I don't know all the detail but sometimes these things can succeed/fail based on how each side deals with personality clashes.  Deep breaths, open minds and a willingness to keep dialogue going despite major setbacks is vital in business to get what you what.  The board last night indicated the door is still open, hopefully there is someone on the NB & CI sides who can see past petty jibes and get back round the table for the greater good.  

Oh and Holt is an arse.  His defence of last seasons squad was laughable and I wish he'd been pressed more on his ridiculous "well we won the first game back" nonsense.  Defending the January loan signings v the likes of Mochrie, Ballantyne, Tiffoney etc was worrying.  Apparently they all went through Corrzo's profiling so you have to question if the profiling is working.  

Would you hand over 500k to Gary Holt and falkirk without having some influence on how things are run? I think to hand over that amount of cash without having at least two people on the bod is just ludicrous. Why should the Rawlins get two bod members for much less of an investment?  It seems decidedly  realistic to me to ask for two seats when the actual size of the investment should probably allow them more than that. I mean you have how many individuals on there that have basically invested hee haw or a trivial amount?  They weren't asking for the world that's for sure.

Guest Peter LaFleur
18 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Yep. His remark about Tiffoney being a young kid at 22 was just bizarre as well. He signed Fotheringham at 17 on loan who hadn't kicked a ball rather than Tiffoney who has made just under 100 first team appearances. Tiffoney was also an ex-player of his - surely he should be able to work out that he would have been a hit in league 1? He scored and assisted more than our full side since the restart. Zero confidence in him whatsoever and I have the dread we offer guys like Adam King a deal.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

Just now, Peter LaFleur said:

Yep. His remark about Tiffoney being a young kid at 22 was just bizarre as well. He signed Fotheringham at 17 on loan who hadn't kicked a ball rather than Tiffoney who has played just under 100 first team appearances. Tiffoney was also an ex-player of his - surely he should be able to work out that he would have been a hit in league 1? He scored and assisted more than our full side since the restart. Zero confidence in him whatsoever. I have the dread we offer guys like Adam King a deal.

It concerns me that we've basically just taken the cash we were offering Stranraer for paton and have handed it to cove for Ross. One a great prospect, the other needing to turn his career around. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They were compromising too at only having two board members despite Rawlins getting two for nearly half the investment.  They originally wanted deans to resign as he should've done anyway after last year's debacle. His reason for not on the q and a was ridiculous. I asked my pals on the bod and they said no Gary don't do it. They then changed that request and said any two could stay on. How many of the current bod actually bring anything to the table anyway considering they are all from a financial background.  Hibbie MacFarlanes attempts at PR have been excruciating and deans has been one of the worst chairman in the history of our club.  The other guys appear more like a bowling club committee than a football team board.  The fact the current bod have refused to be flexible on anything whilst the NB have at least tried to be accommodating is farciful when deans kept on going on.aboit entrenched positions . Their position was nearly hitting fecking Australia.  We all complained when we had a few people with the majority of shares running the club and making decisions but we now seem happy to have a couple of folk with only 26 percent doing the same. 

Still peddling your hibee pish I see. 

Guest Peter LaFleur
1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It concerns me that we've basically just taken the cash we were offering Stranraer for paton and have handed it to cove for Ross. One a great prospect, the other needing to turn his career around. 

Paton and Ross are the same age to be fair. Paton had lost his way and dropped down to league 2. I'd agree that Paton is more attractive at this moment though.

Do we actually know Paton was linked and that we paid a fee for Ross? I'm not buying random posters on here saying "I heard...".

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

Will the NB group consider a response to the Q&A? I don't trust the board but BPM posting snippets on here from the viewpoint of NB isn't really doing enough to convince me that I should take it all as gospel.

The transparency isn't any better than what we are already subjected to by the current board.

I totally agree lets have a statement from the Navy Group with their side of the story, then hopefully we can move on to footballing matters.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Personally I don’t think Ross is a good signing but it seems highly unlikely that we paid a fee.

Far more likely that Cove have brought in Vigurs and Draper and wanted Ross off the wage bill as he won’t get a game.