The Falkirk FC Thread

We are already committed to providing Paul Sheerin with a playing squad budget that we believe is the largest in the league and have recently restarted our youth development programme. If we reduce season ticket prices or offer cash refunds, we are simply reducing the amount of money that we can spend and will then be forced to make very difficult decisions about the playing squad and youth development, something no one wants us to do.

Who thought that paragraph was a good idea, offer refunds or offer what you're going to offer then leave it be. Don't start guilt tripping or threatening your own support. They also need to cut the pish about the 'largest' in the league we're well aware we're the biggest fish here so stop telling us it and focus on getting us out this tiny fishbowl.

Edited by FFC 1876

7 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Legally the club has now done as they’re obliged to and it is up to individuals whether they want to take up the refund offer.

Legally I don’t see how anyone can demand refunds for the full season when Falkirk (as with all clubs) never sold access to the stadium. The product that was sold was access to Falkirk TV with access to the stadium only if/when permitted.

This should've been out well before the begging letters for season tickets were sent out instead of fans having to drag it out of them. And I get all this legally this legally that pish but how about the club actually does something decent for the fans it's treated with utter contempt for a number of seasons now. We are being begged every season to but tickets, strips etc and our return is to be provided with the most embarrassing group of players the club has seen in 40 odd years . Why not get the fans back on side instead of just begging them for more and more cash to fund their constant failures . Noone on the bod has taken any responsibility for last years utter shambles and done the decent thing but instead we've to but in to another season that is going to.be different somehow?  This bod is all about take,take,take whilst the fans get nothing in return but instead get treated with utter contempt whether they want to invest a couple of hundred quid or 600k plus.  Time they started paying the fans back instead of asking the fans for more and more money.

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

We are already committed to providing Paul Sheerin with a playing squad budget that we believe is the largest in the league and have recently restarted our youth development programme. If we reduce season ticket prices or offer cash refunds, we are simply reducing the amount of money that we can spend and will then be forced to make very difficult decisions about the playing squad and youth development, something no one wants us to do.

Who thought that paragraph was a good idea, offer refunds or offer what you're going to offer then leave it be. Don't start guilt tripping or threatening your own support. They also need to cut the pish about the 'largest' in the league we're well aware we're the biggest fish here so stop telling us it and focus on getting us out this tiny fishbowl.

The fact that they have to say ' we believe ' in league one says it all. We're going to be gambling on promotion again instead of giving the manager a budget that swamps the rest of the league appropriate  to our status within this league.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Pleading poverty to try and justify it is brutal too. Bold to play that card after turning down 600k from a supporters' group.

100% this. They have made a right royal f**k up here. Couldn't paint a brass neck on that statement, the whole poor me angle is quite frankly bizarre when we know they have turned down money. Not sure how they can try and worm out of that one. Surerly they can't have decided Sheerins 'biggest in the league' budget based on ST income that they are having to practically beg for after knocking back investment. 

1 minute ago, Believe The Hype said:

100% this. They have made a right royal f**k up here. Couldn't paint a brass neck on that statement, the whole poor me angle is quite frankly bizarre when we know they have turned down money. Not sure how they can try and worm out of that one. Surerly they can't have decided Sheerins 'biggest in the league' budget based on ST income that they are having to practically beg for after knocking back investment. 

Daft to talk about  "biggest in the league" when Willie Haughey could put 50m into Queens Park tomorrow if he fancied doing so.

Possibly the worst statement they’ve ever produced.

Complaining about 75k when they had 600k on their doorstep 2 weeks ago. Did that simply not exist then? Given 75k seems to be a big amount of money to Falkirk now, how did Deans and cabal act in the best interests of the club in rejecting it?

From the outside looking in it seems they’re not just out of touch, they’re genuine idiots too. They seriously think they can get away with such an obvious attempt to pull wool over our eyes. It might be time for a stadium protest ala 18/19 relegation. They really didn’t enjoy that. 

Too late really to add anything really that hasn't been said already, other than that statement is reminiscent of ones i've seen from HR types of employers who are looking to issue veiled threats to their workforce. A statement drafted, approved and issued by people quite obviously have sheer disdain for the target audience of said statement. Ruggy said it the other night about the chasm between the club and the fans. They are so far up their own arses man. Imagine running the rule over that statement and going "yeah put that out, thats going to help us in our oft stated goal of moving forward together with the fanbase"

The occams razor of the whole situation, is that they have no respect or regard whatsoever, for the fans of this club. 

Guest Caractacus Potts

Out of interest, who drafts these statements for the club? Do we employ anyone in PR or was that part of Kieran’s remit? 

As has been said, I really can’t believe they have sat down and considered that acceptable. That just tells you all you need to know about their attitudes towards the fans. 

7 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Out of interest, who drafts these statements for the club? Do we employ anyone in PR or was that part of Kieran’s remit? 

As has been said, I really can’t believe they have sat down and considered that acceptable. That just tells you all you need to know about their attitudes towards the fans. 

Another question that will be avoided at the joke of a Q & A.

While I am here, the club did acknowledge receipt of my email (about the Q & A), haven't had an actual reply to my query though.

As someone who's posted several times that I think the non stop negativity on here is over the top, I have to say that's a shambles of a statement and offer.
To replace 3 home games from the worst season in my lifetime with possible access to 1 of 2 league cup games is mental. They could have just said we guarantee you 2/3 league cup or challenge cup games and a tenner in the club shop and I think folk would have been happy enough.
I'm not going to take them up on the refund offer myself but like last season I wouldn't blame anyone for doing so

It's honestly like One F coming on here now admittedly things between the club and fans are at a new low (which in fairness i didnt think was possible since AT, CC etc left).

Starving them of cash is harming the club as much as the board and the f**kers know it, but the same time with the format of the Q and A shows how far they are going to avoid the difficult questions that need answered or even repair the damage between club and support.  

I take it the fact they are using Napier uni this year we have managed to p*ss Stirling Uni off? (no great shock there, if that is the case)

6 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

As someone who's posted several times that I think the non stop negativity on here is over the top, I have to say that's a shambles of a statement and offer.
To replace 3 home games from the worst season in my lifetime with possible access to 1 of 2 league cup games is mental. They could have just said we guarantee you 2/3 league cup or challenge cup games and a tenner in the club shop and I think folk would have been happy enough.
I'm not going to take them up on the refund offer myself but like last season I wouldn't blame anyone for doing so

It’s not even that part I really care about (others might). I knew they’d go for some half arsed “oh you can swap last season’s games for a league cup game this season” approach. 

The 75k leaving a massive hole in their budget bribe is the new low for me. Loyal fans who may be financially struggling being shamed - as you can clearly see on the twitter replies with other so called fans shaming anyone who even thinks about getting a refund - is vile. Never mind the fact it is a lie, as they had 600k ready and waiting. Sickening 

5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

It's honestly like One F coming on here now admittedly things between the club and fans are at a new low (which in fairness i didnt think was possible since AT, CC etc left).

Starving them of cash is harming the club as much as the board and the f**kers know it, but the same time with the format of the Q and A shows how far they are going to avoid the difficult questions that need answered or even repair the damage between club and support.  

I take it the fact they are using Napier uni this year we have managed to p*ss Stirling Uni off? (no great shock there, if that is the case)

They are not being starved of cash. That's a load of shite. Am i starving Tesco of cash because I decide to shop at Asda?  After I'm as much a customer to Asda as I am FFC and get treated the exact same. At least at Asda I can walk out the door happy with what I've paid for. 

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Yep, How can they have 'committed to providing a budget' when they didn't know what they were going to have to refund? Is the squad budget already there, in which case the refunds wouldn't make a difference or will the refunds only affect youth development, in which case they shouldn't have mentioned the first team squad at all.

8 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

How much are they paying for napier uni facilities? Do we not have our own gym and training requirements at the stadium? 

We do, we have  a gym but modern full time players need fancy equipment to prepare them fully for the physical demands of a part time league.