The Falkirk FC Thread

23 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

The fact that they mention the questions will not be cherry picked hardly stands up to scrutiny when they have an effective unpaid club employee picking which ones to ask. 

It also isn’t live so any difficult questions that may get asked they can refuse to answer and  then cut it out and pretend the email was never received. 

Prob ask Dundee for a shot of their spam filter

20 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

The fact that they mention the questions will not be cherry picked hardly stands up to scrutiny when they have an effective unpaid club employee picking which ones to ask. 

It also isn’t live so any difficult questions that may get asked they can refuse to answer and  then cut it out and pretend the email was never received. 

Well maybe we should agree on the wording of 3 or 4 pertinent questions - including the 600k and CI shambles  obviously - and we all agree to send in the same questions to FTVLewis, then the club can't deny they got asked...

Just now, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Well maybe we should agree on the wording of 3 or 4 pertinent questions - including the 600k and CI shambles  obviously - and we all agree to send in the same questions to FTVLewis, then the club can't deny they got asked...

They'll answer them but there's noone to take them to task on the answer.  They can spout any old pish and noone can say hey wait a minute that isn't right/that never happened/ you haven't explained this properly and so on. 

I've been sitting thinking long and hard about this and I feel like shit even posting it but here goes:

If not seen as saviours exactly, the Rawlins were certainly welcomed by the general fan base and certainly by most on here. The outlook on them seems to have changed completely by a lot of people and I struggle to really see why. The main bone of contention is obviously the Patron's failed attempt to invest and get what they wanted, which is something that most of us wanted to see. (I pledged myself.) 

Having thought about all of the recent shit on here though, here's what I think has been happening:

There have been a few new accounts which have appeared (maybe even multiple accounts from the same people) that seem to simply want to discredit the club, BOD, Holt, the Rawlins and, frankly, everything else to do with the club. I think these are people who are either major Patrons or are close to them and I think they're doing it to piss the BOD and Rawlins off in the hope that they walk away, allowing the fans group to get in. There are also quite a few long standing posters who seem to have changed their stance on the Rawlins and I think that they're simply being sucked in by the newbies. 

I really hope that I'm wrong but, if I'm right, then I wouldn't want people who behave in that way to be part of the governance of the club, just as I said that I wouldn't want people who threaten or abuse fans (i.e. the Rawlins as alleged on here) to be part of the club either.

As I said before, I wouldn't want the club to be run entirely by fans as I believe there would be too much infighting, clashes of personalities, too many Billy big baws etc., but I wouldn't want it taken over by one guy, or family either. There needs to be a hybrid IMO with fans and the Rawlins involved but the prospect of that seems to be getting further and further away. As fans, we need to know more detail on why the fan's investment was declined and more about the discussions that were held when the bid was made. I'd like that to come from both sides. I'd also like someone to point me in the direction of the fans group so that I can read for myself what their aims are, amount of capital raised, time-lines etc as I haven't seen any of that I don't think.

I suppose in these days of social media things can be painted a bit blacker than they actually are but I've supported Falkirk for over 50 years and seen a lot of bleak times however, we're at a particularly low ebb at the moment so, if ever there was a time that we need to stand together, this is surely it!?

1 hour ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

That's a good idea.

16 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I'd be interested in your thoughts on this.

Righty Shagger boy. I'll answer your question if you will answer mines. 

At first I was impressed with Deans and the way he communicated and indicated the club would be run in future. I was also impressed by Phil Rawlins CV and what he did at Stoke and Orlando. It was my hope that a new broom would sweep away the mismanagement of the past and set us on a new course. 

However, what I have seen over the last few months have left me feeling that this lot are no better than the last lot. We have ended up in a league position that is as low as it has ever been, maybe with the exception of once before.  The Rawlins additional funding has failed to materialise and as posted elsewhere they have not shown anything to suggest that they have changed anything fundamental at the club. For Deans and Rawlins to turn way £600k of investment when we may be struggling financially, is not working in the best interest of the club. We have to remember that these guys are custodians of the club and should not be working against it.  If as suspected, it is to keep their positions on the Board and to keep the "power" when they only have 26% ownership then that again is against the best interests of the club. Deans promises of openness and transparency was all to see when winning but he became Mr Invisible when we were on our downward spiral. 

Now .... on to one of the reasons I have continually posted against the current Board on here. I have a close relative who is one of the CI lads and some of them are friends of mine. I have been fortunate (or unfortunate) to have been kept up to date with what has been going on. The agreements that were made and broken and the obstacles that were put in place by certain individuals at the club. These guys are just fans who wanted to honour Crunchie in an appropriate way. The way they have been treated has been abysmal. I have heard about phone calls from certain individuals at the club berating the CI members and castigating them for the temerity of asking for a "written agreement".  I have actually seen letters from an individual, with the content being both totally patronising and disrespectful to lads who, not only have put a powerhouse of time and effort in to get this done, but in reality only want to honour  a legend. Remember these guys are doing it for absolutely nothing except their love of the club. .... and before anyone asks..... its not for me to publish letters, indicate the content of the phone calls or highlight those at the club who are involved. I think that has been adequately explained on here why they haven't been made public.  One thing though, the message of what has happened needs to be made clear (if not all the minutae detail) so that fans know how our club is being run. 

To finish, after talking to one of the Investors, I believe that Deans and Rawlings have acted in the same way to them. I don't have the same level of info as I do with the CI situation ...but I heard that several walked away because they couldn't work with people who cared so little for the well being of the club.

My "100% accurate comment" was based on the fact I believe they Investors should come out and state who they are and why they walked....similar to the CI guys. 

Now my question to you.... why are you such a sycophant to the  Board of Directors ?  

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I've been sitting thinking long and hard about this and I feel like shit even posting it but here goes:

If not seen as saviours exactly, the Rawlins were certainly welcomed by the general fan base and certainly by most on here. The outlook on them seems to have changed completely by a lot of people and I struggle to really see why. The main bone of contention is obviously the Patron's failed attempt to invest and get what they wanted, which is something that most of us wanted to see. (I pledged myself.) 

Having thought about all of the recent shit on here though, here's what I think has been happening:

There have been a few new accounts which have appeared (maybe even multiple accounts from the same people) that seem to simply want to discredit the club, BOD, Holt, the Rawlins and, frankly, everything else to do with the club. I think these are people who are either major Patrons or are close to them and I think they're doing it to piss the BOD and Rawlins off in the hope that they walk away, allowing the fans group to get in. There are also quite a few long standing posters who seem to have changed their stance on the Rawlins and I think that they're simply being sucked in by the newbies. 

I really hope that I'm wrong but, if I'm right, then I wouldn't want people who behave in that way to be part of the governance of the club, just as I said that I wouldn't want people who threaten or abuse fans (i.e. the Rawlins as alleged on here) to be part of the club either.

As I said before, I wouldn't want the club to be run entirely by fans as I believe there would be too much infighting, clashes of personalities, too many Billy big baws etc., but I wouldn't want it taken over by one guy, or family either. There needs to be a hybrid IMO with fans and the Rawlins involved but the prospect of that seems to be getting further and further away. As fans, we need to know more detail on why the fan's investment was declined and more about the discussions that were held when the bid was made. I'd like that to come from both sides. I'd also like someone to point me in the direction of the fans group so that I can read for myself what their aims are, amount of capital raised, time-lines etc as I haven't seen any of that I don't think.

I suppose in these days of social media things can be painted a bit blacker than they actually are but I've supported Falkirk for over 50 years and seen a lot of bleak times however, we're at a particularly low ebb at the moment so, if ever there was a time that we need to stand together, this is surely it!?

The issue with the Rawlins is that they have managed to grab control of the club for peanuts . We were told when they came on the scene they'd be increasing their investment in the club and it's never happened. There is noone on the bod to act as a counterweight to them at the moment. That should worry anyone surely? Chesty can do what she wants and deans cabal will not stand in her way. If the Rawlins want control of the club then they should have to put up the cash to achieve that and invest real money to get us out of this league and challenging at the top of the championship. She shouldn't be running the club after an investment of only a couple of hundred grand which if everything goes to feck will mean feck all to her.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I don’t know anything about who was involved with the fans’ bid but it seems to me that they have gone in all guns blazing with an approach that had absolutely no chance of success.

The Rawlins have said they want fan involvement but they are just in the door after gaining the support of the vast majority of fans.

It’s not exactly surprising that they don’t want to give up control almost immediately. Particularly when the group concerned has immediately demanded the removal of the chairman, directors and sporting director (which is hardly an indication of a group that wants to work collaboratively and constructively).

I’m also not sure how this proposal was any more of a ‘fans group’ than the previous situation with Ritchie, Alexander etc in charge.

How can it be a ‘fan ownership’ proposal when as far as I can tell there appears to have been absolutely no consultation or engagement with the wider fan base and most of us still haven’t a clue who was even involved in this ‘consortium’?

5 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I don’t know anything about who was involved with the fans’ bid but it seems to me that they have gone in all guns blazing with an approach that had absolutely no chance of success.

The Rawlins have said they want fan involvement but they are just in the door after gaining the support of the vast majority of fans.

It’s not exactly surprising that they don’t want to give up control almost immediately. Particularly when the group concerned has immediately demanded the removal of the chairman, directors and sporting director (which is hardly an indication of a group that wants to work collaboratively and constructively).

I’m also not sure how this proposal was any more of a ‘fans group’ than the previous situation with Ritchie, Alexander etc in charge.

How can it be a ‘fan ownership’ proposal when as far as I can tell there appears to have been absolutely no consultation or engagement with the wider fan base and most of us still haven’t a clue who was even involved in this ‘consortium’?

How many bloody times do you need told that they didn't go in all guns blazing asking for the chairman etc to be sacked FFS.  Honestly.  It's not a fan ownership proposal by any means it's a group of fans who want to invest in the club. However, if you are putting in an amount of money that is nearly double the amount the Rawlins are putting in you would expect a comparative representation on the bod at least surely. Noone us stupid enough to hand over 600k to Gary Deans with his track record or some wide from America noone knows from Adam for the return of feck all.  This all guns blazing/China shop pish is a lot of complete and utter tosh.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

When you are willing to stick in £50k of your own cash for hee haw in return then you can join the investors and have a say. 

The investors Groups was a band of FFC fans willing to put cash, time and effort into returning our club to a position where we all think it should be.  As a group they were a cross section of fans and probably as close to fan ownership as we can get at the moment. If I read correctly in previous posts...and you can correct me if Im wrong.... I think they asked for parity with the Rawlins in the Boardroom (whilst injecting much more cash) but that was rejected. 

Deans should've done the feckin decent thing and packed his feckin bags after the mess he made last season anyway. Anyone with a little bit of dignity in them would've held their hands up and moved on instead of hanging about like a bad smell.  It's a complete joke that him having his blazer is more important than the club itself.

Guest Caractacus Potts

Shagger why talk of new accounts that criticise the club and not of those that blindly seem to support the board? You seem to be doing your best to discredit new posters like myself and not those who defend the board. There’s been several new posters on that side too by the way! 

I think a lot has been said about things that have went on. All that’s been said here, do you not think the board has a lot to answer for and are you convinced that things are better now than before? Why keep asking questions of fellow fans and not the club? 

Edit to add: I joined as I was pissed off at the way things were going at the club. There was a lot of anger back then(April) but it seems to have dissipated quickly. I can’t stand what I’m hearing and I can’t believe anyone can continue to stick up for the board. Also nothing that is happening makes me think things will change anytime soon. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

4 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

When you are willing to stick in £50k of your own cash for hee haw in return then you can join the investors and have a say. 

The investors Groups was a band of FFC fans willing to put cash, time and effort into returning our club to a position where we all think it should be.  As a group they were a cross section of fans and probably as close to fan ownership as we can get at the moment. If I read correctly in previous posts...and you can correct me if Im wrong.... I think they asked for parity with the Rawlins in the Boardroom (whilst injecting much more cash) but that was rejected. 

The idea was that anyone could become involved for smaller amounts of cash too if their investment had been accepted.. There would be fan representation on the bod as well as the current bod, Rawlins and the navy blue guys.  There's no ulterior motive it's all about getting the club back to where it should be and getting fans back enjoying watching the side nothing else. 

Before I post my opinion, I’ll say it now in advance - I’d love nothing more than fan representation within the club & that amount of money could have been huge for the club & its future. It’s a mess it’s not going through but hopefully it’s not dead although sounds like it is. 

Just to clarify though for my own mind.

Someone just mentioned parity but didn’t I read the investors wanted three seats instead of 2 for 26% the same as Rawlins? 

Also, from what I’ve read on FB & on here, why did the existing board bar the Rawlins need to be removed? Couldn’t the 2 seats been achieved & then influence change from within?

Lastly, Ritchie and Sandy were also unlikely to want to reduce their shareholding to small levels as part of the agreement too & the board can’t force anyone to sell, so seems set up to fail from the start? 

Guest Caractacus Potts
16 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

How many bloody times do you need told that they didn't go in all guns blazing asking for the chairman etc to be sacked FFS.  Honestly.  It's not a fan ownership proposal by any means it's a group of fans who want to invest in the club. However, if you are putting in an amount of money that is nearly double the amount the Rawlins are putting in you would expect a comparative representation on the bod at least surely. Noone us stupid enough to hand over 600k to Gary Deans with his track record or some wide from America noone knows from Adam for the return of feck all.  This all guns blazing/China shop pish is a lot of complete and utter tosh.

Multiple, as he’s a boardroom bot that’s been tasked to continue to push this narrative and try discredit the patrons. 

Nobody on Falkirk TV has asked anyone at the club a difficult question in 3 years, why are they going to start now?
I'm hoping Mcbookie open a book on Lewis first question, surely

"Not the result we were looking for last season, but I thought we were good at this,,,,"

Got to be odds on fav

4 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Multiple, as he’s a boardroom bot that’s been tasked to continue to push this narrative and try discredit the patrons. 

Again, when you talk that way about a poster who’s been on here years and years before you turned up, it’s hard to take seriously on face value