The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

A fantastic signing for Falkirk. Easily the best full back in the league and will be a huge miss. I can happily concede that Falkirk are a bigger club than Airdrie, no matter what the gap in the league and our regular beatings of you suggest. However, for me it's a puzzling move from Leon who could have easily done well at a higher level than L1 again. Seems to lack ambition on his part.

Perhaps no one else was offering him as much as three years.

Great signing, i agree with the majority view that this is the first really exciting one, hopefully 3 or 4 more in the same vein to come.

Mutch
Williamson McKay Dixon McCann
Hetherington Telfer
Morrison McGuffie Nesbitt
Keena

With Hall, Miller, Dowds and Sneddon on the books too.

A fantastic signing for Falkirk. Easily the best full back in the league and will be a huge miss. I can happily concede that Falkirk are a bigger club than Airdrie, no matter what the gap in the league and our regular beatings of you suggest. However, for me it's a puzzling move from Leon who could have easily done well at a higher level than L1 again. Seems to lack ambition on his part.

3 year deal probably. What level do you think he could play at? If mid table championship, I also wouldn’t be surprised if we matched or offered more than what they would pay, considering his potential.

Just now, Trump said:

3 year deal probably. What level do you think he could play at? If mid table championship, I also wouldn’t be surprised if we matched or offered more than what they would pay, considering his potential.

Well when he came to us from the premiership accies fans were genuinely raging he'd been let go, that coupled to being the best full back (probably best defender overall tbh) in L1 for both of his seasons down here suggests his ceiling would probably be higher even than that. Although it's all conjecture really isn't it. Great move from Falkirk either way.

11 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Great signing, i agree with the majority view that this is the first really exciting one, hopefully 3 or 4 more in the same vein to come.

Mutch
Williamson McKay Dixon McCann
Hetherington Telfer
Morrison McGuffie Nesbitt
Keena

With Hall, Miller, Dowds and Sneddon on the books too.

Mutch

Williamson New Dixon Mccann

New Hetherington

Morrison Telfer Mcguffie

New

Keena can't play up top on his own and we need some legs in beside Hetherington. Mckay's also been signed as a starter but I'd much rather see us bring in someone else.

Mutch
Williamson New Dixon Mccann
New Hetherington
Morrison Telfer Mcguffie
New
Keena can't play up top on his own and we need some legs in beside Hetherington. Mckay's also been signed as a starter but I'd much rather see us bring in someone else.
Agreed, I think that a most of the squad are much of a muchness so 3 or 4 more guaranteed starters would start me feeling a bit more confident.

So the squad is slowly starting to come together & well done those ITK who gave us heads up on several of these signings s couple weeks back 

If my memory serves me right there were a couple of others referred to such as Paton from Stranraer & young lad from down south - anyone got up to date intel?

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Great signing.  Any money the season tickets will be announced tomorrow.  Strange otherwise to announce onma Sunday.

You would think that this is how they intend to play it.