The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

That was me and I said on the previous post I wasn’t remotely claiming to be ITK, my pal who is a big Dunfermline man said he wasn’t gonna be there this year and we had enquired about him. No surprise it’s not happening if TNS are offering 50k plus I’d imagine probably a cracking wave to get him to relocate. 

147476AD-B041-409E-B334-EB1BC8E9CC06.gif

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

From the small amount I’ve seen and heard about him, he could be exactly the type of player we need. In this league, hard work and persistence can do you well as a striker, which is why I think McManus has such a good record at this level. If he does sign, I just hope he hits the ground running as we can’t afford to have too much of a settling in period if we want to win the league

Exactly my point, he looks to be a carbon copy of how Mcmanus plays. Likes to run the channels, makes himself a nuisance and gets plenty of shots in. Only 20 years old as well so plenty of time to develop and his wage will be half the amount we'd have to give Mcmanus.

4 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

Is that a lot? Could these ‘navy knights’ types get a proxy on them....collectively get enough shares behind a meaningful voice from real Falkirk folk without having to get permission to buy? 

Who chooses the votes for these shares? I thought bairnstrust was defunct?

It’s about 3% of the club.

£50,000 buys Declan McManus.  Shows what kind of diddy team we have become if we cannot stretch to that for a player that would greatly increase our chances of promotion.  24 goals for us in his season with us last time.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

3 hours ago, Zbairn said:

With that level of shares why not call an EGM on a “no confidence” vote? Argue the case for additional investment at the meeting and force MR & SA to take a stand on what they believe is in the best interests of the club. Either that or force The Rawlins  into parting with more cash to ensure they still have control. Either way, it would show the BoD  what the majority of shareholders think....a la Doug Henderson!

You need 5%

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

30,000 shares = 1% of the club.

So to gain a controlling stake in the club costs £612,000 in League 1 at 40p/share! Surely there’s no chance our shares would go up to £1.30 in the Premiership as that would cost £1,989,000 to gain 51% valuing the club at just less than £4m.

That was the point I was trying to make to BPM. Surely if you dilute the shares then you dilute the value of the shares. Only a crazy person would pay £2m to gain full control of Falkirk.

How much do the Rawlins think they can sell their shares for if that’s their intention and how much will it cost them to get to that point? 

19 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

£50,000 buys Declan McManus.  Shows what kind of diddy team we have become if we cannot stretch to that for a player that would greatly increase our chances of promotion.  24 goals for us in his season with us last time.

We'll w**k away far more on Corrzo and Holtzo

Guest Peter LaFleur
16 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I wouldn’t be against doing this but looking at McManus’ career he’s never seen out more than 1 season at a club and do you think he’d see out the contract? If you pay £50k for him then £1k a week you’d also run the risk of other players being put out of place playing for a lot smaller wage. If TNS are chucking £50k in for him, they’d potentially be paying more than a grand a week also. Not as simple as just finding the money. I’d love him back though.

Guest Caractacus Potts
24 minutes ago, keithgy said:

79764CBF-83DA-495A-B13E-B06BE9EF7DD2.png

I’m sure  Kieran deserves a lot of praise for revenue he has brought in but I found that hot tub and car thing really cringeworthy. The stand is also plastered with adverts everywhere which I get adds money but again makes the stadium look a bit cheap to me.

Bit of a thankless task he had though and sad that he’s felt the need to leave. Hopefully he’s doing ok. 

5 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I’m sure  Kieran deserves a lot of praise for revenue he has brought in but I found that hot tub and car thing really cringeworthy. The stand is also plastered with adverts everywhere which I get adds money but again makes the stadium look a bit cheap to me.

Yep, far better to have an advert-less stadium, no sponsors and a much lower playing budget than making the place look ‘a bit cheap’.

I’m sure you’d be one of the first to moan if the club was not bringing in commercial income.

40 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I don’t imagine paying £50k would be the issue. I highly doubt McManus will be going to TNS without a very good wage, singing on fee accommodation etc. That’s what we wouldn’t be able to compete with.

20 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Bit of a thankless task he had though and sad that he’s felt the need to leave. Hopefully he’s doing ok. 

Posted this already but the role of a Commcial Manager / Director is to maximise income.

Whether or not you find something cringeworthy or cheap looking is irrelevant.

Guest Caractacus Potts
57 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Yep, far better to have an advert-less stadium, no sponsors and a much lower playing budget than making the place look ‘a bit cheap’.

I’m sure you’d be one of the first to moan if the club was not bringing in commercial income.

Sorry to have upset your pals on the board again Pedro. That wasn’t quite what I was saying and you know it. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

1 hour ago, Peter LaFleur said:

I wouldn’t be against doing this but looking at McManus’ career he’s never seen out more than 1 season at a club and do you think he’d see out the contract? If you pay £50k for him then £1k a week you’d also run the risk of other players being put out of place playing for a lot smaller wage. If TNS are chucking £50k in for him, they’d potentially be paying more than a grand a week also. Not as simple as just finding the money. I’d love him back though.

I reckon he'll be on more than 1k a week and TNS will probably be offering him even more.