The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Peter LaFleur said:

I like both Williamson and Hetherington as well to be fair. Williamson’s won this league twice and great going forward. The rest I would agree have been very much ‘meh’.

Not for me. Williamson is ok. 

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I couldn't give a f**k who he supports. He's a Celtic fan that did an excellent job for us.

My issue is just with the Waltons pish on the PR statement.  Why would a Celtic fan pay to go to TFS because he used to work there?

As I said earlier it is better he just keeps quiet and out the way. 

31 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not for me. Williamson is ok. 

Williamson's a huge step up from what we've had which showed in the games he played against us. Won a penalty in the first game and assisted the first in the final game. He'll hopefully be the first right back we've had since prime Kieran Duffie who can provide a threat going forward.

Hetherington will hopefully give us a bit of dig in the middle of the park and as long as he's more mobile than Gary Miller he'll be a step up. Alloa fans rave about him so he must have been doing something right.

Nesbitt's a bit meh but we all seen from his earlier days there's a player there. Seems to be very much like Morrison going by Morton fans opinions in that he can beat a man for fun but his final ball is lacking. 

Mckay I've made my thoughts known, he's a donkey. 

Mcguffie looks to be a straight swap for Connolly and as long as he stays fit for more than 2 games he's already an improvement.

Still I'd say 6 signings to make which would have us at a squad of 20. So still plenty room for more quality. We need a left back, a young centre back, a box to box centre mid, two strikers and a back up goalkeeper capable of pushing Mutch on.

Edited by FFC 1876

Optimistically, most of the signings we've made will be an upgrade on what we had, the main concern is that not by much and most have been given 2 or 3 year deals. 

Had we been in the Championship I don't think theres one signing yet that we'd be happy with though they might be just enough to get us out of League 1. 

Ideally we still have 5-6 to come in.  McCann sounds a good prospect and the others really need to be a step up from the likes of McGuffie and Nesbitt (who sound very much like David Smith/Alex Harris type signings).  

Sheerin must surely have expert knowledge of the under 20s so hopefully a few decent loans will be secured before we kick off.  

42 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Optimistically, most of the signings we've made will be an upgrade on what we had, the main concern is that not by much and most have been given 2 or 3 year deals. 

Had we been in the Championship I don't think theres one signing yet that we'd be happy with though they might be just enough to get us out of League 1.

That's my concern. We're building a squad that may or may not win League 1. Thats the reality.  We have a better manager which should help but I wouldn't be surprised if the squad we are assembling fails again unless the remaining signings are much much better.

A statement of intent would be to bring in 3 or 4 players who will do us at top end of the Championship level too on 2 year deals. We haven't done that so far. 

And to answer the immediate 'But why would they come to League One? " 

Money. The Rawlins just don't want to pay it. 

15 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

They have around 95,000 shares 

Is that a lot? Could these ‘navy knights’ types get a proxy on them....collectively get enough shares behind a meaningful voice from real Falkirk folk without having to get permission to buy? 

Who chooses the votes for these shares? I thought bairnstrust was defunct?

I agree that at the moment the signings haven’t filled me with confidence for winning this league. The one thing I will say, is it will all depend on if Sheerin can make them play as a team. The sad reality is that if we had a coach last season who knew what they were doing, we would have probably won the league. 

Personally, we should be doing what we can to bring McManus in. I know there is always concern about bringing players back, but he is proven at this level. 

7 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Is that a lot? Could these ‘navy knights’ types get a proxy on them....collectively get enough shares behind a meaningful voice from real Falkirk folk without having to get permission to buy? 

Who chooses the votes for these shares? I thought bairnstrust was defunct?

Not defunct as far as I know. The Navy Blue Group already have the best part of 200,000 shares between them 

Only quoted as I agree totally with you. There are many jobs all as important as each other who can't always be there but are still real fans

Dunno why I'm quoted in this, im a chef, I know all about working weekends, obvs not as a important job as yours,, I was replying to l the BPM post

Guest Caractacus Potts
18 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not defunct as far as I know. The Navy Blue Group already have the best part of 200,000 shares between them 

What percentage does that amount to? 

42 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I agree that at the moment the signings haven’t filled me with confidence for winning this league. The one thing I will say, is it will all depend on if Sheerin can make them play as a team. The sad reality is that if we had a coach last season who knew what they were doing, we would have probably won the league. 

Personally, we should be doing what we can to bring McManus in. I know there is always concern about bringing players back, but he is proven at this level. 

He's signed for TNS has he not?

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

He's signed for TNS has he not?

Was on his way down for talks according to the article. Surely a better option to leave his family where they are but TNS I'd imagine will be offering silly money to make moving them south an easier decision.

55 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

With that level of shares why not call an EGM on a “no confidence” vote? Argue the case for additional investment at the meeting and force MR & SA to take a stand on what they believe is in the best interests of the club. Either that or force The Rawlins  into parting with more cash to ensure they still have control. Either way, it would show the BoD  what the majority of shareholders think....a la Doug Henderson!

24 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Announce Paton.

From the small amount I’ve seen and heard about him, he could be exactly the type of player we need. In this league, hard work and persistence can do you well as a striker, which is why I think McManus has such a good record at this level. If he does sign, I just hope he hits the ground running as we can’t afford to have too much of a settling in period if we want to win the league

18 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

One of the ITK posters on here already confirmed Falkirk had signed McManus did they not ??

I don’t think so. I thought we’d only been linked with him because a Dunfermline fan said he was coming to us. 

32 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

One of the ITK posters on here already confirmed Falkirk had signed McManus did they not ??

That was me and I said on the previous post I wasn’t remotely claiming to be ITK, my pal who is a big Dunfermline man said he wasn’t gonna be there this year and we had enquired about him. No surprise it’s not happening if TNS are offering 50k plus I’d imagine probably a cracking wave to get him to relocate.