The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Absolutely that culture remains. He was an appointment of Colin Liddell (in Scotland, that is pronounced the same way as the German supermarket chain Lidl).

That was his parting gift…..another puffed up self important accountant pretending to be a Falkirk fan despite never having set foot in TFS in its first 14 years of existence.

Dont mind anyone not being a fan. KK was an out and out Celtic fan doing a job of work. However, the minute someone fakes that he is a fan (in the real world, that’s known as lying), then from the get go, trust and honesty is in short supply.

Who is Colin Liddell? Name doesn’t ring a bell. 

9 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

How has the share price changed over the last few years? Anybody know?

When we were in the SPL the shares were priced at £1.30

When the fans were asked to pump cash in back in 2010 before we got relegated they were down to 67p. 

The MSG accepted 23p from Mark Campbell and were offered 33p from BTB and went for Campbell.

We are now selling at 40p (Rawlins) but that is for a specific time (then 50p)

Think it is pretty obvious that if we can get back to the Premier League the price will rocket from the price now. 

4 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Think he got his shares from the club as a payment for work he carried out. He was never a Falkirk fan. By all accounts he was a bit of a pain in the ass and not well liked by others at the Club. Thought himself as Billy Bigbaws

5 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

He was the poultice who just sold his shares he got gifted back to the club for 30p. He was also the one who wanted the deal with Campbell. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

When we were in the SPL the shares were priced at £1.30

When the fans were asked to pump cash in back in 2010 before we got relegated they were down to 67p. 

The MSG accepted 23p from Mark Campbell and were offered 33p from BTB and went for Campbell.

We are now selling at 40p (Rawlins) but that is for a specific time (then 50p)

Think it is pretty obvious that if we can get back to the Premier League the price will rocket from the price now. 

Can I qualify something though? The club made new shares so does that not mean that the shares have been diluted so it requires more shares to get the same percent of the club? Therefore if the shares did go up then it would cost a lot more money to gather a decent shareholding? 

if it cost the Rawlins £350k to get 26%, who will pay £1,050,000 to only get 26% of our club!? 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Think he got his shares from the club as a payment for work he carried out. He was never a Falkirk fan. By all accounts he was a bit of a pain in the ass and not well liked by others at the Club. Thought himself as Billy Bigbaws

So he appointed Gary Deans? No wonder the same culture remains then. What’s that Who song again!? Meet the new boss? 

9 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Can I qualify something though? The club made new shares so does that not mean that the shares have been diluted so it requires more shares to get the same percent of the club? Therefore if the shares did go up then it would cost a lot more money to gather a decent shareholding? 

if it cost the Rawlins £350k to get 26%, who will pay £1,050,000 to only get 26% of our club!? 

Doesn’t work like that. The shares available are not counted until they are bought 

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Doesn’t work like that. The shares available are not counted until they are bought 

I was just using the 40p the Rawlins bought their shares for. If the share price went up to £1.20 then would it not cost 3 times what the Rawlins paid to gain 26% of the club? 

4 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I was just using the 40p the Rawlins bought their shares for. If the share price went up to £1.20 then would it not cost 3 times what the Rawlins paid to gain 26% of the club? 

Exactly. The Board have the power to charge whatever they want for the shares.  The Rawlins are the Board with Deans as their puppet. The Board have the power to choose who they sell to. However, who would want to buy shares in FFC at £1.20 at the moment ?

The Rawlins hold all the cards ! 

12 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

It ain’t going to go anywhere near that unless we are in the Premiership 

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It ain’t going to go anywhere near that unless we are in the Premiership 

Yeh I know, just making a point that if the share price does go back to the same as before then it’s going to cost an awful lot more to get the same percentage of the club. That would surely turn people off buying. Over £2m for only a controlling stake of Falkirk FC…. Can’t see that being too appealing to investors and what fans have the cash to pay for that and who would want to!?

2 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Yeh I know, just making a point that if the share price does go back to the same as before then it’s going to cost an awful lot more to get the same percentage of the club. That would surely turn people off buying. Over £2m for only a controlling stake of Falkirk FC…. Can’t see that being too appealing to investors and what fans have the cash to pay for that and who would want to!?

But it will be worth a lot more anyway. Turnover would treble to start with 

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

But it will be worth a lot more anyway. Turnover would treble to start with 

That would be relative to before when we were last in the top league. I’m just meaning if there have been new shares bought then next time around would mean getting a lot less bang for your buck, if they were hoping for the share price to go up to what it was before? 

21 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Exactly. The Board have the power to charge whatever they want for the shares.  The Rawlins are the Board with Deans as their puppet. The Board have the power to choose who they sell to. However, who would want to buy shares in FFC at £1.20 at the moment ?

The Rawlins hold all the cards ! 

Does the price not need ratified by the shareholders at an AGM/EGM?

52 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Think I remember watching a video of the event at Behind the Goals as he was wheeled out. Could be wrong though.

You did but i was at that meeting and i dont think anyone was clambering over themselves for to be given the key, in fact i would say that 1 hour said all it needed to to how much of a fraud he was, it just it took our illustrious leaders 3 months to work that out. Cant help but think they must have been hoping he wanted nothing to do with the fans or fan involvement and hope that it came good.

12 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

You did but i was at that meeting and i dont think anyone was clambering over themselves for to be given the key, in fact i would say that 1 hour said all it needed to to how much of a fraud he was, it just it took our illustrious leaders 3 months to work that out. Cant help but think they must have been hoping he wanted nothing to do with the fans or fan involvement and hope that it came good.

Anyone with a fully functioning brain who attended the Behind the Goals debacles knew that the ridiculous character spouting his fairy stories was a complete imposter.

Utterly embarrassing episode.