The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

The reason you are saying all this stuff is because we, the fans (fanatics) don’t know what’s going on.

So far the new signings seem okay and most of the dross has been binned.

Sheerin must be given a fair chance and I’m sure there will be lots of more signings to come.

As I said earlier the lack of info from GD is causing panic. He needs to communicate now!!.

I agree with you regarding GD's need for communication but,  you can't label someone who after 50 years feels they need to show they are concerned "not a real fan".

Guest Peter LaFleur
43 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

The reason you are saying all this stuff is because we, the fans (fanatics) don’t know what’s going on.

So far the new signings seem okay and most of the dross has been binned.

Sheerin must be given a fair chance and I’m sure there will be lots of more signings to come.

As I said earlier the lack of info from GD is causing panic. He needs to communicate now!!.

100% agreed. Deans had promised a Q&A and a lot has gone on since that statement to the fans. The lack of communication comes across that he’s lost in his role as chairman, which I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the truth.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

28 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Some think you should just happily roll up and accept any old shit the board serves us and do nothing about it. To me they are not the real fans as they obviously don't hurt enough to care about the way our club is being run.

Perfectly put! 

A note first to say that I hope whatever issue KK is having with Mental health/stress gets easier for him soon. All been there and it's horrible.

He made a lot of money for the club, especially during the middling years of his time at the club, but I'm not disappointed he's leaving now. He was an ever-present in multiple boards who led our downfall and would continuously spite the fans.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

So, as things stand:

We have a Sporting Director who doesn’t seem to cut the mustard

An untried head coach

A squad of only 14 signed players (jobbers)

Promised additional investment for the club from Rawlins (£200k?) not been delivered

£600k of additional investment declined

A Club Ambassador has left the club

A successful Commercial Director has resigned

Promised transparency of club affairs not happening. . . . . . . . .

#ItsBeingSoCheerfulThatKeepsMeGoing

Have you tried just supporting the team? Expect the unexpected COYB

52 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

From the 6th of May in the Chairman’s open letter to fans.

Question 1- why did you delay the Q and A?

2- Why did Totten leave?

3- Why did Kieran leave?

4- Why did you knock back £500k investment?

5- Why did the Crunchie guys condemn the board’s behaviour?

6- Why did you approach Hamilton if Sheerin was your target and why the delay in him signing with Aberdeen announcing first?

7- When will season ticket holders be offered a refund?

8- When will season tickets be released?

9- When will the new strip be released?

10- Where is CC52 FFC?

11- Are we scouting the juniors?

12- Will we have players covering the back post?

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

From the 6th of May in the Chairman’s open letter to fans.

Question 1- why did you delay the Q and A?

2- Why did Totten leave?

3- Why did Kieran leave?

4- Why did you knock back £500k investment?

5- Why did the Crunchie guys condemn the board’s behaviour?

6- Why did you approach Hamilton if Sheerin was your target and why the delay in him signing with Aberdeen announcing first?

7- When will season ticket holders be offered a refund?

8- When will season tickets be released?

9- When will the new strip be released?

10- Where is CC52 FFC?

F1B28338-B036-400A-9896-CDA349D07843.png

Good post.

32 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Dawson Park Bigot casually branding a season ticket holder of 50 years as "not a real fan".

Arsehole emoji23.png

Well, he’s stopping being an ST holder so, by definition, he’s no longer a fan, real or otherwise.

I suppose you could go on a casual basis but, by any definition, that’s not being a real fan (fanatic).

Dont know what your problem is?

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Well, he’s stopping being an ST holder so, by definition, he’s no longer a fan, real or otherwise.

I suppose you could go on a casual basis but, by any definition, that’s not being a real fan (fanatic).

Genuine question here but do you practice managing to rub folk up the wrong way or does it just come naturally 

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I think your friend is being very premature.

After 50 years during which he has seen some great times and some bad times, why would he give up now?

Obviously, not a real fan but still very sad.

Oh, I don't know, maybe because they are sick and tired of being treated like complete and utter morons by those who own and run this club. Tired of financially supporting a business who actively hate them. Tired of their club being turned into the laughing stock of Scottish football. Tired of the incompetence. Tired of the contempt. Tired of the waste. Tired of the lies. Tired of being libelled a racist. Tired of the spin. Tired of the marketing bullshit. Tired of the latest "strategy", "review", "rigorous process", 2/3/5/10/50/100 year plan

These good enough reasons for you to be going on with? 

Not everyone can be a good, little uberfan lapdog like you. Thankfully.

5 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

So if someone loses their job, has a family to feed and can no longer attend games as they can't afford it they are no longer real fans. That is a mental way of putting things.

I've got a cousin who has lived in Germany for 30 years and for obvious reasons doesn't attend games. He is still a Falkirk fan and keeps in touch with what is happening at the club.

8 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

You are genuinely a fucking idiot. 

Feel free to grass me to your free speech union if you think there's a problem, horrible bigot man. 

Guest Peter LaFleur
Just now, Bairnardo said:

Feel free to grass me to your free speech union if you think there's a problem, horrible bigot man. 

Why does he choose to live in Germany? If he doesn’t have a ST and go every week he’s obviously not a real fan (fanatic).

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You’ll need to get a lot worse before I consider doing that.

Thats the point of free speech. Be my guest. It’ll make you feel good.

Look, our club is going through a bad spell and has been for a good few years.

What we need is support from our superb fan base not constant moaning.

Lots of people do things to help on a voluntary basis because they love the club.

Without finance the club will indeed fold so what’s the point of withholding money?

I do agree that issues outlined on here need to be addressed and, for the life of me, I can’t understand why GD and the Board continue to remain silent. I don’t have an answer to that but I will give them another few weeks.

Cheer up. Far too much gloom and doom.

22 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Holy balls batman! Came on to see if there was any chat about Leon McCann coming to you guys and have to witness this moron. Jesus wept. Not sure if this is a truly garbage parody account or a human being is actually this unaware of how stupid they look. 

Your regular reminder that 6-12 months ago everyone was so sick of MR and SA that they were desperate for the Rawlins to start shaking things up and to take control over every aspect of the club.  

They're doing that now - did anyone realistically expect that everything would just stay the same (including personnel) but we'd magically get better? 

This could still of course go horribly wrong but we chose this route and so let's see what happens.  Communication has been appalling but I suspect much to do with KK not being around.  As someone else said, we're late on things like new strip, ST sales, refunds etc but its not as though all other clubs in the league are announcing theirs so maybe the pandemic knocking usual timescales for everyone and we need to give a little more slack on some of these things.    

Not defending how shit we've been at communication (particularly GD and the missing Q&A) but all over the last couple of months has not been bad.  Positives around clearing out the dross, development team created, new management team appointed etc.  Biggest negative for me so far (along with communication) are the 2/3 yr deals being handed out and too much authority being given to Holt.  

Overall, I think we're at a point where we need to grit our teeth and hope the changes the Rawlins make see us start to improve.  We've tried almost everything else.  (and I include fan ownership of sorts  through SA and MR, fan representation on the board (bairns trust etc).  

Personally I don't care whether the board are Falkirk fans or not as long as they look after the finances and on the pitch we head in the right direction.  Jury out on both but you'd think on here most days that we're days from liquidation.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

What have the Rawlins actually done so far apart from their original investment and knocking back 600k ? They haven't increased their investment although we were told that was basically a done deal. We're still signing the same level of players we had previously really. Our new manager isn't anyone we couldn't have appointed before they arrived.  At the moment there's no strip to buy and no season tickets available. What the feck are they actually doing that's going to take the club to a new level because to me so far they've done hee haw .

Edited by Shadwell Dog